Expanda Security

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi guys, got the decals today, the size is 40x100mm and made from automotive grade vinyl. I gave the area on A frame a wipe with prepsol (wax and grease remover or metho) before i adhered to the A frame. If you would like to order some cost is $2.50ea posted. PM me with the following format and I will forward bank details for payment.

Cheers.

Stickers.jpg

Title: Decal Order
User Name:
Postal Address:

Reactions: Brad and jdove

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Folks,
just an update on the GPS Tracking testing. Made a bit of a shambles of the dining table :whistle:
photo[14].jpgphoto[12].jpg

The unit is a Meitrack VT310, and works a treat. As Bigman said very easy to configure.
Have now set it up to SMS me if the unit moves outside a radius of 100m of Home. Went for a drive with the unit sitting on the back seat and sure enough it quickly texts you Latitude, Longitude, Speed, date, Time. If you move locations a simple SMS to the unit and you can set a new GeoFence.
You can enter those coordinates into google maps or you can SMS the unit a simple command and it will send you a Link to google maps and show you exactly where it is.
Have also set it up to SMS me if the Main 12v power goes off (someone pinches the battery), it has about 10-15hrs internal backup battery.

Checked the DC current draw, it fluctuates a bit but averages about 50mA. So it will probably last a couple months on the Main Van battery. Have a feeling the Van battery might even be getting a bit of charge whilst the van is covered. seems to be a fair bit of light getting through the cover. Need to check on a sunny day.

Now to mount it in the van.....

Last edited:

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Upset spaghetti bowl? I can get it wrong with a red, black and white wires! You're not doing anything for my self confidence HM.
I got Burnsey's stickers on so just hoping neighbor doesn't want me to fit up GPS tracker to his van. I'll just recommend he gets a VT310!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi Mick,
In the top of the picture are the GPS and GSM antennas
the bunch coming out from the bottom of the Tracker contain:
- DC +
- DC -
- 2x Analog Input
- 5x Digital Input
- 5x Digital Output

Jas

Jas, excuse my ignorance here, the digital input and outputs, does this mean that there is some sort of camera, or is that for sensors? Is the a hard drive or something that records data?

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi folks,
Worth the question to the insurance companies, but don't like the chances. I did think about asking when I was ringing them, but it was complicated enough just to get out of them whether I had contents insurance or not, decided not to ask.
Xpanda, the question is, do i cut the red, or the Blue, maybe the Yellow......:boom:

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Mate,
No need to be excused, you are correct with the sensors bit. Digital in and out sort of means a single switched wire. For example a digital Input would be a sensor or switch (door switch/SOS Button) or digital Out (Relay- like ignition cutoff)
Looking to use one of the Digital inputs for a motion sensor in the van.
Analog In just means a single input, but in this case it measures voltage, so something like fuel level or water level. Won't be using this.
No Hard drive, but it does have memory that logs GPS Position Data, so it can track your travels.

jas

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks, that clarified a lot.
Might need to look into one for myself.
But I'm not really in a high risk theft area, well I hope not anyway.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I don't think we are either, We were thinking of storing the van, that was the main driver. Now that we have squeezed it in at home its a lower risk. But a pretty low cost bit of security.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey brad, we have a SIM in a prepaid phones that with recharges over time has resulted in a long time before the credit expires, so it's just a telstra sim with $30 credit on it. The SIM is a bit of a trick though. To keep costs down, it's hard to find a SIM that doesn't have its credit expire to soon. Seems 6mths is about the best. So we were a bit lucky with our prepaid.

As for the antennas relgate, it seemed to work really well inside the house yesterday, i didn't think it would, thought the gps would have needed unobstructed view of the sky.
Next test will be in the van, I suspect it will work inside, if that's the case it can just be tucked away internally, without going to a lot of effort trying to get them outside.

Jas

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Jas, wanna do ours... I don't get into wiring..... Optus also have a $30 recharge that give 6 months credit. Our son uses it for his school phone and surprisingly we get the full 6 months from it.

So what do you guys do with your houses. We just have full security screens, a monitored alarm, fantastic neighbours..... but I'm sure a few of you would have full CTV setups among other things......