Expanda Security

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
I use them for all our work cars.... multiple inputs/outputs so you can turn things on and off or put a sensor on the door to alert you as soon as the door is opened. $115 delivered.

Mmmm, the one I have isnt quite that smart and cost a bit more to. Any chance you could provide, details or a link so I could take a look?
Would be a handy feature if you could set it to turn all the lights on when it was triped, or even better, attach one of the outputs to a heavy duty relay that when activated locked the brakes..

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
think I may have found my next little beer money - Hobby :) Installing High Tech Security in Caravans HAHAHA... No Seriously..

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hey guys those of you using poly block hitches what do you use for security when leaving your van out in the bush for those day trips ?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hey BP I use this mate
treg lock.jpg

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I like the idea of these. Bigman, this one you use;
where did you mount it and the antennas?
what sort of data plan do you need on the sim card if it transmits every 30 seconds?
did you connect via the optional relay or wire up in another way?
it looks like lots of wires in the bundle - where do they all go (power, sos, what else?)

thanks Andrew

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I like the idea of these. Bigman, this one you use;
where did you mount it and the antennas?
what sort of data plan do you need on the sim card if it transmits every 30 seconds?
did you connect via the optional relay or wire up in another way?
it looks like lots of wires in the bundle - where do they all go (power, sos, what else?)

thanks Andrew

ok...

where did you mount it and the antennas? Depends on vehicle, but usually under dash, under seat, hidey hole somewhere. one of our vehicles have the antennas just on the LHS of dash.

what sort of data plan do you need on the sim card if it transmits every 30 seconds? I think 1GIG would be more than sufficient, but I could investigate one of our monthly usages.

did you connect via the optional relay or wire up in another way? Option relay is for engine cut I beleive, We don't use that.

it looks like lots of wires in the bundle - where do they all go (power, sos, what else?) 5 inputs 3neg 3pos, and 5 outputs. cable to detect fuel levels (too hard for me) we use 1 neg input (door) and 1 pos input (ignition) SOS is hardwired into one of the neg inputs. Only your imagination limits you to what you could use them all for.

hope this helps...

Reactions: straydingo

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
But, with all that said about data plans, if you were to have it in your van, its almost pointless to have it live. You are better off having a geo-fence around your house, that way as soon as the van leaves that fence, it sends you a SMS message. Then you just have to send it a text message to gets its location evry so often.

cheap plans here:
http://www.amaysim.com.au/

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
:bump:
Hi guys.
I am thinking about installing a gps tracker like the Jaycar one.

Am I correct in thinking you install straight on to the van battery? Both Positive and negative? (ie, not earthing on to the chassis?)

thanks