Starcraft 2014 Jayco Starcraft 13.42.1.OB

Gibbo

Mar 17, 2013
Bayside
Sorry to hear about your problems, but I dealt with Page Bros RV back in September 2013 I had a very standard order and Had no problem with them. As for your van been used in the Caufield show I wouldn't worry to much aren't all the vans at the show for sale as show specials?

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi TerriD
I think I will wait until next Tue before contacting Jayco as my rep at dealer is on duty Monday.
I will ring him Monday first.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
This morning I phoned the salesman who took our order in Nov. 2013.
Asked him when did he expect that our van will be in his dealership.
He looked up his computer and said he thought it would be collected from Jayco factory on Monday 3/3/14.
He then went on to say that once the van was received by them they would do the necessary onroad procedures and that I would be contacted regarding date to pick up and pay for our new van.
I then asked that he ' the salesman' to please contact me with the news that our van was actually in their dealership.
I explained that yesterday I was put onto the man who I presume is in charge of pre-delivery and that after leaving a message I received NO callback.
I am now waiting for the salesman's call on Monday.
In the meantime , I am doing cartwheels up and down my driveway, sending my poor wife nuts, having a very nice bottle of red , praying to all of my Gods and Angels and generally getting more and more excited .
I just hope that our new van will be as good as the other 2 Jayco vans we have owned over the years.
In closing this post I thank all you dear members who have taken the time to respond to my questions , to console me, to put me straight and to feel sorry for our anxious wait .

Reactions: 17triton

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Getting exciting!
I ordered my van from Page Bros and their communication was excellent. They updated me all the way. Called on the day that it arrived and booked me in for handover weeks and weeks before the day. Unfortunately the salesman who was so good is no longer there.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Need advice again please !
Dealer emailed me to say they will be collecting our van either tomorrow or Wednesday.
I replied ' look forward to getting our new van end of this week.
Reply by email from dealer.

'Delivery will not be this week with the caravan show on. We just don’t have the manpower/vacancy to do the handover.
When the van is here, it will be assessed and “pre-delivered” to our standards as they don’t arrive from the factory ready to go.
If you can work with us for a suitable delivery time, as I don’t want it rushed through and for you to have any issues later.
We can arrange for you to have a look at the van prior, it just wont be in its “delivered” condition. We can arrange a time for this, once the van is here which I will confirm.'

So now it's stuff you jtdt, the caravan show is much more important than your last November order.
I would like any kind member of this forum to put themselves in my shoes , have a good think , and advise me firstly, what you think, and secondly what could someone like me do about it.
We really had planned to take van away next week.
Looking forward to hearing from all you kind people.
jtdt

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
@jtdt I am sorry to say but the reply you have received would be fairly commonplace as these shows they have everyone "on board" from handover person to sales Team to Receptionists to assist all the potential Customers. (Well in Adelaide they do). We are on our fourth Jayco and all our handovers have been after 1 or 2 weeks that the van has actually been delivered to the yard. We did have 1 van rushed through and the clean up was not as good as the other ones we have taken delivery on. Maybe you could plead with them that you be one of the first ones "detailed" but I am sure you would want your van looking at its best and any extras fitted before you take it over.
Patience is a virtue :)

Reactions: cruza driver

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
jtdt,
I would be very angry in your situation. If your van has to be predelivered, then I would have thought that would be performed by service people not sales staff. I can appreciate sales staff would be flat out at the caravan show......but not the predilivery man. It's not what I would call great customer service. Maybe patience is the best way to go. I never had any positive outcomes arguing with a saleman.

On the bright side, at least you have yours built! I 've ordered an identical van with a build date of Monday March 10th. With a bit of luck I may take posession by the end of March. (Adelaide just had its Caravan Show.) I certainly expect it for Easter.....I know how you feel waiting for the big day to hitch it up. Make sure you are 100% happy with it before you hand over your money. I've seen too many unhappy campers struggling to get things fixed after they took delivery and the excitement wore off. At handover ask for the power and water to be connected and make sure everything works and no Leaks!

I'm sure you'll keep us informed how things progress........

Cheers, Ianoz

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I hate to say it, as I'm sure you are at the end of your rope with excitement, but it sounds reasonable to me. From what I've seen the shows are 'all consuming' and at least they are being upfront with you. It is also quite normal to have the van for a week or two between delivery and handover. Usually they don't want the van clogging up their yard but there is a check list they need to get through to have it ready for you.
Patience my friend. You are so close...
Just enjoy the ride.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Many thanks for all your comments, I have calmed down since this morning and am now realizing I cannot win the battle.
All I can hope is that after delivery to us , is that we have won the war.
I will gain nothing by yelling at them and they would then make me wait longer.
It seems that we will get our van in a couple of weeks and that we will just postpone going away in it.
Over the last few weeks I have been preparing the area in which the van will sit at home so now I will be able to complete that project.
I realise the dealer has to get all their show vans to and from the show and that's where the pre-delivery blokes would come in to help.
They said we could go and look at it when they get it.
I will do that as we can check our order against what the factory made.
I specifically asked for the 2 reading lamps be relocated further towards the pillow end so that will be interesting to see if that change was made.
I will post after looking at it in it's ex factory condition.

Reactions: Janbo

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Try and be patient with them and not ruffle to many feathers as you WILL have to take the van back for any warranty issues or travel to another dealer. Best try and have a healthy relationship as it could help if issues arrise.

Reactions: relgate and Joanne