Starcraft 2014 Jayco Starcraft 13.42.1.OB

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Funny how mods that get done here find there way into production a year later. If they are watching, I would like an invite to a focus group, as long as they give me a hat I will be happy. I could have told them blue might get interesting feedback. I am sure it will grow on us.

Last edited:
Reactions: blacky

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Jayco-Starcraft-2014-49241-big-1.jpg

Jayco-Starcraft-2014-49241-big-2.jpg

Jayco-Starcraft-2014-49241-big-3.jpg

Jayco-Starcraft-2014-49241-big-4.jpg

Jayco-Starcraft-2014-49241-big-5.jpg

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Jayco manufacturing order states ---Date Requested ---23/2/2014.
Dealer then has to get it to onroad condition , they reckon we will pick up early March ?
We are so excited we are pooping ourselves --LOL
ps . thanks davemc re Facebook update info. I will keep my eye on it !
Guess ours will be one of the first made.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Not long now John... Late May is going to kill me already over waiting :) No I am not Gen Y :)
At least I should be able to see the model a few times and work out if I want anything else added..
I still have no idea how many 12v points or a lot of things.

Already collecting stuff to put in it when on sale.. Weber q and stand, table, chairs, ramps, cover, matt, plates, cups, bowls..
We where expecting to have someone by mid Jan. So hence we started collecting

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Off to Jayco factory tour tomorrow.
Will be looking for our van lol
Maybe we can bring it home lol
Looking for colours of starcrafts ob
Might ask if I can help build and do QC

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Well our factory tour was just wonderful. any prospective buyer should do it.
Massive factory over huge area and many buildings.
Tour took 2 hrs and was most informative.
I took some photo's of Starcraft Poptop Outbacks and looks like the exterior colours are the same as 2013
I will post snaps soon. Alas not the van size we have on order but colours are the same --orange etc.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Well our factory tour was just wonderful. any prospective buyer should do it.
Massive factory over huge area and many buildings.
Tour took 2 hrs and was most informative.
I took some photo's of Starcraft Poptop Outbacks and looks like the exterior colours are the same as 2013
I will post snaps soon. Alas not the van size we have on order but colours are the same --orange etc.

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting :)!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Thanks John, looks a lot of fun.
Well happy with orange and black.. We will organise a time to go around when ours is being made.. Hopefully we see it :)

What model Starcraft where they making? Looks maybe a 16.67-4 if two singles at front?
Was that Flamingo blue really bright in person :)

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi davemc,
I don't know which model it was , as you see there was one on the line and one outside.
I was looking for our 13.42.1.OB without luck !
The Flamingo is not quite as bright as in the pic's .
I asked my dear boss [wife] did she like the blue expecting her to say she hated it as she just hates blue full stop.
To my surprise she rather liked it on that type of camper trailer.
Thanks God blue is NOT on ours.
All I can say is it would have been nice to have a change from the orange to show it's a 2014 model and not a 2013.
But pretty happy.
I would have liked more time to view these OB'S but the tour guide made us move on so we could see the rest of the factory.
It's a wonder he said NO PHOTO'S !
Throughout the tour he kept talking about the quality control aspect as the fact that every worker has to sign off on their work.
So, if there was a quality issue they can trace back to that person.
He did not elaborate on the punishment on that worker, but examples might be running over them with a van, sending them to a jail in Bali for nine years, sacking them or just giving them a smack on their bare arses.
On another point, I have studied the brochure and especially the features listed.
I see no mention of the Wingard wind up aerial although it's on our order and factory manufacturing form which we signed off.
I have emailed the dealer for confirmation that there will be a Winegard Sensar HV VHF & UHF Antenna Caravan RV on our roof.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
I really like the orange for some reason..All black would of been nice digging the Journey.
The upgraded fridge option is different then we had on our list. So seeing which one we are getting as well?
Has Thetford n504 on list our specs has RM2553.
Aircond and TV antenna yes has not what it is.
Like to know where the internal 12v is or how many?
Also where the external shower will be.
I also saw control panel as an option. So have to check.

You do not have long to go John.. enjoy.

lee

Dec 5, 2013
Victoria
we have a 2013 starcraft 1342.2 i recommend to get the drifter control pannel, also get a double power point on the out side

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi Lee,
Please tell me why you reckon I should get the drifter control panel and how much did you pay for it installed.
Re. the external double power point.
These days a 4 or 6 power board are fairly cheap , I use a 4 with individual on /off switches plugged into the single outside power point.
I can then turn different things on/off as required.

lee

Dec 5, 2013
Victoria
we paid just over$26,000 for our 1342-2 with tv bracket and 12v plug,mudflaps, 150w solar and 100an battery, extra shevles in the robe,stereo,drifter control pannel ,external double power point and wind up antanna and we got a $500 gift voucher to the acc shop .
the drifter control pannel is great if you have solar, it tell you how many hours of the battery you have left with what you are using , just makes it eaiser to moniter things, we love our van its the best one we have had ! this is our third new van we have had the flight and a dove

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Glad you love your van Lee.
We are still expecting ours early March.
Hope it's not late.
We did not order the drifter but I guess they can be installed later.
Your photo shows you have your van under cover.
I wish ours will be but sadly NOT

lee

Dec 5, 2013
Victoria
our van was on time ! what colour did u pick on the inside? they have really change the out side colours