Starcraft 2014 Jayco Starcraft 13.42.1.OB

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi @davemc thanks for the link have only been able to see pics of OB version touring is what we will have to settle for as my Territory is RWD and only 2300 kg towing, agree with you they are old school with a lot of things, was hoping web site would be up dated and be able to do a virtual tour of 17.58.3. Have continually been prowling trading post and all the other haunts for pics and have missed these. Thanks again.
Regards @TerriD

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
@TerriD Yes a job for someone at Jayco would be setting up there website correctly and keeping it up to date.
Even last year it had wrong info and was out of date when we started looking.
I would ring your local dealer is what I did, he chased up Jayco for a plan for a 17.58 for us.
Before that we ring the dealer they say they had no idea, I ring Jayco they say go through a dealer and I say they have no idea hence I rang you. You go around and around.
There is not even a floor plan for a 17.58-3 on the website they missed it.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
@jtdt with the antenna have you turned the booster on, it makes a huge difference.
If you have a smart phone the is a great app called antenna mate, it helps to set the antenna in the correct direction.

When it comes to the faults on your van, stop & take a deep breath & enjoy you van for what it is, Jayco are known for their after sales service & normally fix things with out question, trust me your not even close to having a lemon.

Reactions: TerriD

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Well, still at Warrnambool and enjoying van as no more problems so far.
Re microwave.
Someone said is power on.
I posted originally that power light on and microwave spins and makes that normal noise. But NO heat.
Re. Antenna . Yes booster is on with it's light on.
Tried tuning in on every angle.
Many aerials like mine here in park.
All face same way.
I hooked up tv to my tiny tv dongle aerial about 2 inches long and get 40 channels no worries.
Emailed dealer salesman who is getting service manager to phone tomorrow.
Said they will fit me in soon prior to Easter.
We go home tue./ wed.
At first things went wrong every day
, hopefully the chinaman I killed has been resurrected.
Had people in park comment on van and loved it.

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Sounds like the aerial is not connected at all, I amsure it will be a quick fix for the dealer!,

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Yes, I agree re aerial.
It would be nice to have a cupboard door to replace broken one as it came off again.
It's now in my boot.
Also water door lock replaced as well before we head off straight after Easter.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Dealer rang this morn.wants my van next Mon.to fix aerial, microwave, cupboard door and water filler door lock.
if no more problems we will take van away after Easter.
Decals can wait till first service.
Thanks to all members who either listened, laughted at, or offered support to the issues we had with our new van's maiden voyage.
yes, I will post photos soon !

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
Whoopee!!
I have just collected the new van. Handover was excellent, they fixed the loose table fitting on the spot, the roof latches seemed to sort them selves out afer we raised and lowered the roof 3 times, and now all line up perfectly. (does help to raise and lower the front first) Could not fault anything else. Even the micro wave works! I'm very fussy and it will take me hard work to find anything else to complain about. Going away for Easter so I'll let you all know if I'm still as optimistic as I am now.
The underside needs a tidy up before any serious off road work, cables and pipes require protection and fixing, but this would apply to most makes on the market.
It's a dream to tow behind the Dmax, and manouver around the driveway. Just unhitch and push the bugger into final position. The advantage of a 14' van and a nice flat wide driveway. The extended (1700mm) drawbar and big 16" wheels, gives plenty of leaverage for my old body to push on. Measured the tow ball weight at 120kg with full water tank and 2x9kg gas bottles. Spot on. I add another 130 kg of clothes, kitchen stuff and bedding spread around the inside.
Going on line to order some shade walls for the front and ends.

Cheers Ianoz ........the Happy Camper!

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
All,

I just spent an hour underneath the van with a screw driver and a handfull of cable ties. It's very easy to work on having such high ground clearance! A bit of a dogs breakfast with cables, pipes and wiring looms running all over the place. The factory workers missed a few holes in the cross members, but all a lot neater now. More work to "rock proof" before any serious dirt road use, but will do for now. The chassis is seriously massive underneath, with very neat welds. No fears of anything breaking or bending with this.
Three things I fine tuned:
1. Removed clear plastic drain pipe from kitchen sink to side of van. It now exits straight down (and into a bucket.)
2. Electric brake wiring was cable tied too well to cross member above wheel. Did not have enough length [slack] to allow full wheel travel. The wiring needs a rethink, as it just hangs down from the floor and direct into the brake drum. An errant rock travelling at high speed will take this out in an instant. This wiring needs to go from the drum run along the top surface of the suspension arm and exit at the front pivot into the wiring loom. Should give me something to do when I get bored!
3. The gas bottles were not standing to attention. Both had a bit of a lean. Simple fix.....straighten up and tighten the bolts holding the frames to the draw bar. (some one at the factory must have taken an early smoko)

Can't fault the interior. Wait and see after a few trips.

Bye for now,
Ianoz

robnwendy

May 22, 2014
Blacktown NSW
QUOTE="davemc, post: 64551, member: 3272"]My wife said the same. Funny did not mind orange do not know what I have against the green.
Swift blue um yeah.........[/QUOTE]
Hi Davemc
the colours are a vynil sticker
I do not like the colours of our new starcraft 13-42-2
so I am going to remove old stickers and get new and different colours
maybe orange/sky blue/lime green with a southern cross where the single star id now
Rob n Wendy :peep:

Reactions: PandaLee

robnwendy

May 22, 2014
Blacktown NSW
when we get our starcraft 13-42-2
we will remove the stickers and replace with something like this photo
still playing with the outcome maybe a southern cross in the blue section
Starcraft update.jpg

RobnWendy

Reactions: mfexpanda

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
RobnWendy,
Yes a nice colour scheme. I still like my factory orange and black/grey striping. Personal choice I guess. All caravans seem to be a bit boring in this area. The off road set (me), seem to be inundated with black/orange/silver/white this year. A lot of blogs discussing the virtues of white verses silver/grey as a heat (Sun) deflector. Same as black verses white cars I guess.

Hope the new van goes well. I'm very pleased with mine, but I have fixed the few minor issues myself. Once the brake issue is sorted, we'll be off for some great trips.
Happy travels,

Ianoz