Starcraft 2014 Jayco Starcraft 13.42.1.OB

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Good re on time.
Outside colours are same as 2013.
Ours will be the outback.
Inside new colours. I dont have info with me at present.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Interior colours are,
Walls- Kaos
Furniture -Avikira
Laminex- Amara Matte
Seat Cushion -Cadel Charcoal
Backrest Cushion -Thorpe Charcoal
Curtains- Cartier Silver
Bedspread -Classic
Floor Vinyl- Boston

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi Stan53.
Firstly, I would like to say that I believe you are not a dummy, but alas like me , you are a man.
As I have the pleasure of being married to my first wife for 44 wonderful years , it was her that chose the colours for our new van off samples supplied by the dealer.
Whilst she sat with a lady at the dealerships pouring over materials , colours and other things women discuss, I was out in their yard looking a more exciting things like, tyres, chassis, build quality, storage etc. etc.
Until we collect the van I cannot answer your question.
It is Jayco who gave the colours their names and I just posted them off the factory order.
I do agree with you about the good old simple colours and reckon that there are far too many choices of everything in this world.
Oh! I can tell you that most of the exterior colour is white

Reactions: Stan53

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Still waiting for our van.
Dealer cannot tell us or doesn't want to tell us definative delivery date.
Surely Jayco would know exact date with less than a week to go.
Tin pot show.
Dealer quite offhanded like couldn't give a don't be rude.
Bloody salesman has our deposit and seems like he treats all his order customers as though let them wait.
Bad and non communication seems entrenched with Jayco and it's dealers.
Where is my van ????

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Throughout the tour he kept talking about the quality control aspect as the fact that every worker has to sign off on their work.
So, if there was a quality issue they can trace back to that person.
He did not elaborate on the punishment on that worker, but examples might be running over them with a van, sending them to a jail in Bali for nine years, sacking them or just giving them a smack on their bare arses.

HAHA is that guy serious, he must be having him self on or some great drugs, if he honestly believes that statement.

If they actually did what he says they wouldn't have any staff left to manufacture the vans

Good luck with your van, hopefully it turns out great like many do.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Still waiting for our van.
Dealer cannot tell us or doesn't want to tell us definative delivery date.
Surely Jayco would know exact date with less than a week to go.
Tin pot show.
Dealer quite offhanded like couldn't give a don't be rude.
Bloody salesman has our deposit and seems like he treats all his order customers as though let them wait.
Bad and non communication seems entrenched with Jayco and it's dealers.
Where is my van ????
Call everyday they will soon give you an answer :boink: tell them you have booked a non refundable trip away

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
:amen:Thanks cruza driver,
Great idea but I don't think I will contact them again in the short term as they might put me to the back of the waiting list.
After waiting , waiting , waiting for over 3 mths a couple more weeks will not seem too long.
For a grey and bald headed bloke I cannot believe how excited I am.
Maybe reaching the early stages of my second childhood.
BOO HOO I WANT MY VAN , STOMP, JUMP UP AND DOWN, SOB SOB , oh bugger that won't work, might just crack a bottle of red.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I remember getting our Swift. I was getting a little nervous with our planed trip to Adelaide getting close. Then we got the call right out of the blue. It all seem to happen sooooo quick in the end.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
We too are off west this year.
Last year we drove to Cairns with our old van.
The Bruce Hwy. is an absolute disgrace.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Me again, another day no van
Terrible thoughts running through my head
The Caulfield Caravan Show starts 6/3/2014
Wouldn't it be awful if my dealer took my brand spanking new Starcraft to the show.
Imagine 10 thousand people and grubby little kids going aboard our brand new virgin van and removing that new smell
I will now be having more nightmares with the thought of it
Would some nice member please console me

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi John, I am off to the show although hopefully leaving the grubby kids at home and going next Friday :)
They better not be sick I rather look around then just feed them all day.
Yes mine touch everything and open everything.....

We hoping they have the Starcraft we ordered.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Now , it's the end of Feb. Still no word re our new van .
Rang dealer, put onto voice message.
Man did not ring back.
Beginning to believe they want our van to take to Caulfield Show.
Has any member had experience with this, is it legal.
Remember our van is a new 2014 model which we ordered last Nov.
Jayco and dealer = crap or no comunication.
Please advise
Thank You.

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi John,
have been following your post with interest.I hope you get your van soon without hassle, take heart, we have an Avan Ray Slide out, ordered it at the 2011 Newcastle show Feb 2011 and were told 7-8 week build time,18 weeks later we finally got our van. The deal with them was they took our trade in at the time we signed the order so my family (self,wife & 2kids) could not go away in that time. Was the same with us we were concerned that our van would end up at the 2011 Sydney show before we even set foot it. Gave my brother inlaw who was going to the show our chassis number and he checked it against the Ray that was on show and no it was not ours. When we finally got our van the only consolation was that at least with all that time to build the thing at least it would be right LOL, the day I picked it up there were things that the dealer had not fitted so they were running around like chooks with there heads cut off.

We are looking to up grade our Avan to an expanda 17.56.2. though will look at 2014 star craft before committing Owned Jayco Hawk wind up before Avan and prefer Jayco product by far. Will only buy from dealer stock this time have no intention of going through the long agonising process of new build, Avan cured me of that. Surprisingly enough though this is a common story with new builds across all makes have heard many stories around the traps from owners that have said that the process has robbed them of the joy of the purchase. Hope you get your van soon
Regards Terri D

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi Terri D
WOW your reply was so quick.
Thanks for your story.
Salesman all over us to get order then no or rude service.
They have my deposit so could no care less.
If they do try putting our order in the show, every forum I can find will be told and emails to boss of Dealer and Jayco boss will get a nice juicy email too.
What ever happened to old fashioned service and communication.
I know I was a manufacturing rep. And a big part of my job was informing my customers about delivery times and changes so that customer could replan their production to suit our delivery.
Our Dealer knows nothing of this and it is a sad indictment of the sort of company they run.
I would love to hear from any member who has had their new van put on show with people wondering into it prior to it being sold to them as NEW
Thanks again Terri D

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Been reading your thread with interest /disappointment. Pretty poor service. Which dealership did you use. We are considering buying new later in the year.

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi John,
at this stage if I were you I would strongly consider talking directly to Jayco, at least I would want Jayco to confirm that the chassis number you have been given matches your order, the next question to ask is whether it has been started (is on the production line) and if so where is it at or a date when it will be started. With the chassis number it will easy for them to track van down. They are automatically going to want to put you back to the dealer but if your not shy in telling them about the quality of the service you are receiving from the dealer they may assist you. The line I took with Avan when I rang was one of asking for advice (what does one do, what is the normal procedure when one cannot get information from the dealer when one has paid a deposit) when asked that way I was provided with answers.
Regards TerriD