Starcraft 2014 Jayco Starcraft 13.42.1.OB

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Last Nov.2013 we ordered a new 2014 Starcraft.
We have been waiting, waiting and whilst this was happening we have been doing more waiting and waiting.
Just wondering if anybody has heard when we might see a picture , colours, any details at all about this updated van.
I see Jayco have released their new larger vans for this year but absolutely nothing on ours.
The order states delivery to us approx. end Feb 2014 so we would have expected to see some details by now.
An email to Jayco is unanswered and the Dealer only restates the approx. delivery date.
Any news would be much appreciated.
I am new to this forum and find the posts most interesting and informative on all models from Jayco.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Congrats not long now.
We ordered last week due end of May no idea exactly what it look like. Checking jayco website daily. We waited for plans so now due May rather then feb if we ordered before Christmas. Dealer said they get one in end of feb in the flesh so we can double check things

Reactions: jtdt

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Thanks davemc,
We ordered based on the 2013 model , just hope the new colours outside are as good.
Can you tell me which dealer you ordered from ?

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Thanks davemc.
We can only fit the 13.42.1 in at home, but still excited.
See my avatar , that's our last Jayco , same little size but not OB , we loved it and should never have sold it.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
John
By now your dealer should have a good idea of delivery date as they effectively buy a slot on the production line. It's planned months out and all computerised. They may even have a chassis number. If not, I'd be concerned that the order has been made. A month out you will usually sign off on the actual floor plan and design. This has been the case for the two vans I have bought including our Starcraft last year.
Cheers
Andrew

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi Andrew,
We have signed off on our order and yes we have a chassis number.
I guess I just wanted to know if any member has seen a 2014 Starcraft Outback in the flesh with exterior colours etc. etc.
Anyway, I must be excited and realise it's not long to wait now !
John

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
An update !!
After looking on the Jayco website daily without luck, I stumbled upon the new Starcraft Poptop 13.42.1 and 2 on an adv on the Jayco Coffs Harbour NSW site.
So, Jayco have dumped 2 new model vans in a dealers yard without a boo.
They are not the OB but the normal van has the same interior anyway.
My point is that Jayco supplied no info, brochures, or web details re these vans.
I believe the world has gone to the pack and that Jayco is the leader.
Can anybody imagine a car manufacturer just dumping a brand new model on a dealers showroom floor without Ads, brochures, internet and TV commercials etc etc.
If someone can possibly explain this to me I would be most happy.
Also, I see that one of the vans has a different layout to what we were offered.
The air cond. is on the roof, the microwave has been reinstalled on top of the fridge where the ac was located and there are now 2 draws under the stove where the microwave was located.
These options are great but at no stage during our ordering process were we given these options or even explained to us.
Again I am at a loss to see why this occurred and again I liken it to ordering a new car with certain options and then finding out that other more usable options could have been ordered.
The gloss and excitement of our new van has been blemished somewhat.
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER JAN.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Yes still waiting to see one like we ordered. Although seeing we have late May delivery there is a chance it change from the March Melb show or if the dealer gets one in the coming weeks.

You would think if they could make it they could put it up on the website.
Saw the new Journey and Silverline before anything hit the web.

You also think they at least delete the model's they are not selling anymore.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
For a huge Australian company their marketing skills are non existant.
I believe I have explained why in my last post.
I emailed Jayco last week----result -----NOTHING , ZILCH.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria

If their marketing dept was keen they would have a member on this forum. I wonder?

Do they!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....

I actually think there marketing skills are top notch and in my opionon they have one of the better marketing strategies going around.

What they have has been and continues to be successfull year after year in generating an internet sensation and social media buzz of activity around what's changing.

So what do they actually do? Well it is just that and exactly what you have pointed out they literally "Do nothing" & "Deny Everything" in print and online.

So there marketing strategy is by theoretically "doing nothing" and in turn they create a lot of buzz through social media, word mouth at dealer websites and forums around "What the changes are for this year".

Take a look at this site, facebook, dealer forums every year from mid December to March we all get slammed with the questions around what the changes are, what the new models are, colours etc etc but all Jayco media sources (Dealers, Jayco HQ etc) have all been instructured to keep there lips tight.

It happens every year and this year is no different to the others you can see it directly on this site, same time every year the forum becomes a buzz of what is coming / sighting of vans / early pictures etc and all this starts from around mid december with fabric colours leaked in most cases first and then it snowballs with leaks from there until late Feb / early March when the full details are released.

In my opinion its the same way Apple does it, no details just leaks right up until they can be bothered and then bang a new iphone and look at where they are as a business.

Is it the right way to do it? I am at half hearts but its successfull on there part and this process repeats every year so I respect the way they do it each year as to how successfull it is.

Is it really a good thing though? Personally I would say no but that is a personal prefence as selfishly I just want the details handed to me every year but I do enjoy the hunt for information each year we undertake on the site.

I actually have aweb crawler (computer script) scraping Jaycos website looking for new pages that have been added so it is alot of fun each year this comes around :)!

Last edited:
Reactions: blacky and hamish22

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
If their marketing dept was keen they would have a member on this forum. I wonder?

Do they!

Officially no they don't as I have approached them time and time again but gave up about a year ago and above is my assesment of there marketing strategy.

Un officially I can tell you they are on the site reguralary as I identify there IP range in our logs and get alerts when they visit the site and I can say it is very regular.

Case in point, couple of days ago we gave our selves 24 hours to find out back photos.

Same day Jayco released detailed pics of the silverline and journey.

Yes not the outback expanda pics we where looking but you get what i mean :)!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
We had ruled out the Starcraft as the bed was too small. Liked the layout of the 16.67-1
Then I saw a post on here regarding they got a new van with a larger bed and fiberglass front/back
So I rang around some dealers they said you can order one although we do not have one.
Said they heard it changing to 17" model next year. So rang Jayco to get details they put us back to local dealer. Dealers and I rang a few said have no idea February-March.
We found a secondhand Avan Lily Hardtop which we have now if they did not back out of the deal last minute before we headed to SA. I mean an hour beforehand. Yes still not happy........
So we looked at a new Avan which if they where willing to do a deal on old stock again would of brought.
Rang Jayco again still no help.
Had another thought on work n play, no one had quad bunk in stock. talked to bayswater jayco about Starcraft said if he get me a plan we do a deal needed to see what changed. So he got me the latest plan hence the order. The plan we saw dated same day :) hence we like to see one please.

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
OK , I am too old and silly to get much further into the marketing strategies of companies .
I am told my van will be ready by the end of Feb.
Then we will chuck it onto the back of my lovely 1 yr. old Kia Sorento Platinum 6 speed auto diesel and blast of into the sunset.:clap2:

Reactions: hamish22