Starcraft 2014 Jayco Starcraft 13.42.1.OB

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
Hi every one,
Just had a call from the dealer.....my shiny new Jayco will be mine on April 1st......Hopefully NO fools on that day!

Now I'm getting excited. Has been a long 4 months wait. I will be visiting my new baby at the storage yard to make sure it has all the optional bits attached.....I'll do a CSI and give it a complete going over..............

Ian oz

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
Hi there TerriD,

Haven't heard from jtdt for a while. Hope he's travelling around the country side in the new van. I'm sure we would had heard if things weren't right. These new jayco's have improved considerably in quality and finish. (Well I say that without having looked at mine yet, but I'm the eternal optimist :congratulatory: )

Cheers for now,

ianoz

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
Hi guys,
Picked up our new van last week .
A few quality issues but love van.
We are in Hamilton and it's our first night sleep in it.
Wife tried to cook potatoes in microwave but no heat at all.
Silly me left manual at home.
If any dear member has the 2014 Jayco Sphere 900 watt E. Black colour microwave and would be so kind as to post the basic instructions then we could eat again.
Raw spuds are not very tasty.
Please please help.
Other issues for warranty are decals put on different levels on each side of van
Kitchen cupboard door over sink broke when opened.
Busted out the material door is made from.
I did temp repair.
Lock on water filler door busted.
Very cheap plastic thing.
Dealer is getting set of new decals.
We still love van but trust problems will be fixed with warranty.
Van went well behind Kia Sorento.
Ego movers from Avan were reinstalled and work well.
LED lighting is so good.
I will post photos soon
Now , please post microwave instructions and we will be so grateful

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
Hi jdjt,

Glad to hear from you. Note to myself to check my microwave before I leave the dealer. i have read other forums where the Sphere is not regarded as the best microwave available.
My good neighbour has an Avida Motorhome that cost him over $160k, and he has the same issues with doors falling off!
Plan B: Did your good wife try cooking the spuds in a saucepan on the stove top, or didn't that work either?
Plan C: A bag of hot chips from the local takeaway !

I pick my new baby up next Tuesday. Hope the decals are on straight.................

Keeep smiling,

Ianoz.

Reactions: TerriD

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi @Ianoz just one tip, something I got caught with when I picked up our current van (not Jayco) check the date stamped on your gas bottle, we took delivery of our van end of June 2011 and when I filled the gas bottles (van fitted with 2x 4.5 kg bottles) I have noticed the date stamped on the bottles was January 2010. Not a big deal I guess but I would have preferred bottles stamped 2011
Good luck with you delivery
Regards @TerriD

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
I've just come back from the Dealers Service Centre to have a quick look at the new van pre delivery. Brilliant ! Just blew me away. Jayco have improved the interior fitout and it is a truley quality look.
I have the 300mm extended drawbar, 2x 9kg gas bottles and 16'' wheels. don't be rude it looks good. A bit intimidating as it sits high off the ground with the big wheels, but just amazing. I picked up 2 items to be fixed before handover, the roof catches were all out of whack but I'm assured this is a roof allignment issue and easily fixed [needs to move forward 20mm], and the table wall bracket has a loose (stripped) screw. Could not find anything else.

The decals match both sides

Pick it up next Tuesday..................so far extremely happy. The dealer and all their sales & support team have been fantastic to work with, the whole experience has exceeded my expectations to date.

Rgds, ianoz

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I've just come back from the Dealers Service Centre to have a quick look at the new van pre delivery. Brilliant ! Just blew me away. Jayco have improved the interior fitout and it is a truley quality look.
I have the 300mm extended drawbar, 2x 9kg gas bottles and 16'' wheels. don't be rude it looks good. A bit intimidating as it sits high off the ground with the big wheels, but just amazing. I picked up 2 items to be fixed before handover, the roof catches were all out of whack but I'm assured this is a roof allignment issue and easily fixed [needs to move forward 20mm], and the table wall bracket has a loose (stripped) screw. Could not find anything else.

The decals match both sides

Pick it up next Tuesday..................so far extremely happy. The dealer and all their sales & support team have been fantastic to work with, the whole experience has exceeded my expectations to date.

Rgds, ianoz
Sounds exciting! I bet you cant wait

jtdt

Feb 4, 2014
Mooroolbark
In Warrnambool today.
Tried to get TV working.
No signal from Winegard
aerial at all.
Put small aerial on TV , good picture.
Not happy Jan.
Just another thing that went wrong, sorry didn't go at all.
Water dripping from my hose into van.
Swapped connections and finally O ring on male from van.
My replacement is thicker than Jayco one, no more drips.
Whoopi that's one thing I fixed !!
My plan is to drop by dealer on way home and have a little talk.
We want things fixed before heading off soon for bigger hols.
Still no help re our microwave not heating, would some kind member please post basic instructions on our unit.
See my previous post.
So, wife not at all happy with TV aerial and microwave.
Beginning to think we have a lemon.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
hey @jtdt maybe post a separate thread regarding the microwave see if someone can help.
I found a video on youtube not sure same one
Yes we expect to find a few things when we get ours.. not great though not for the money.
They will have ours a week or so you think they find the major things..
We are getting a lot of extras I assume one of them will be missed :(

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@davemc that's great that you actually have a delivery date. Will be here before you know it.
Still too long.. we getting it now days before our first small trip.. hope its all sorted. Was hoping for a shakeout in the backyard beforehand although all school nights to we go.

We just booked Gold Coast for September was a struggle to get a site with a ensuite, yes we snobing it for a little while. Four boys just easier to they get a little bigger.

Ianoz

Mar 3, 2014
Happy Valley
Hey jtdt,
I do all my cooking in the Webber Q ! A microwave can't be that difficult to work. Is the power cord plugged in? I tried to google the user manual, but the internet has never heard of a Sphere MW. Perhaps the MV thinks it's a mixmaster instead.

I'm paranoid about water leaks. Flooded the floor in my Avan first time out, and never plugged the mains hose in again! I will want the dealer to demonstrate there is no water leaks before paing any money. If they won't agree to that it's goodbye. There is no excuse for any leaks in any van. The John Gest fittings are bullet proof if installed correctly. Most leaks are from hurried installation and just require a simple push or tightening of a fitting. I'll be checking that o ring on mine.

I didn't option a dealer antenna, I prefer to use an external one on the draw bar. One less hole in the roof (to leak).
Never had much success with tuning the bloody TV anyway. After a few reds (too many) at dinner, I normally go to bed and crash by 8:00pm.
Your issues are minor. The dealer will replace the MV and fix the faulty connection on the antenna, then all is well. I've heard of a lot worse than you and (me) will experience. I don't believe any dealer spends enough time on checking the van during predelivery, they expect the owner to find all the faults, then get them fixed at the first Free service. A bit like the auto industry did 20 years ago!

I have my fingers crossed, next Tuesday will be interesting.

Cheers, Ianoz

Reactions: TerriD and relgate

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
@davemc All ways good to plan small trip first, good idea ensuite with little ones, am keenly waiting your opinion of your 17.58.1 before we upgrade. Original plan was 17.56.2 touring version but since your posts, helpful measurements and photos from the show am really keen on 17.58.3 as we only have 2 kids shower/toilet really handy as we intend to do a lot of touring in this van. Am going to try and get a look at 17.58.3 in real life, have seen photos of 17.58.1 OB & 17.58.3 OB very impressive indeed. Hope your waiting time goes quickly.
Regards @TerriD

Last edited:

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hey jtdt,
I do all my cooking in the Webber Q ! A microwave can't be that difficult to work. Is the power cord plugged in? I tried to google the user manual, but the internet has never heard of a Sphere MW. Perhaps the MV thinks it's a mixmaster instead.

I'm paranoid about water leaks. Flooded the floor in my Avan first time out, and never plugged the mains hose in again! I will want the dealer to demonstrate there is no water leaks before paing any money. If they won't agree to that it's goodbye. There is no excuse for any leaks in any van. The John Gest fittings are bullet proof if installed correctly. Most leaks are from hurried installation and just require a simple push or tightening of a fitting. I'll be checking that o ring on mine.

I didn't option a dealer antenna, I prefer to use an external one on the draw bar. One less hole in the roof (to leak).
Never had much success with tuning the bloody TV anyway. After a few reds (too many) at dinner, I normally go to bed and crash by 8:00pm.
Your issues are minor. The dealer will replace the MV and fix the faulty connection on the antenna, then all is well. I've heard of a lot worse than you and (me) will experience. I don't believe any dealer spends enough time on checking the van during predelivery, they expect the owner to find all the faults, then get them fixed at the first Free service. A bit like the auto industry did 20 years ago!

I have my fingers crossed, next Tuesday will be interesting.

Cheers, Ianoz
Agree whole heartedly Ianoz I believe that pre-delivery in most cases is the most expensive wash and detail you will ever pay for
Regards @TerriD

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Hi @TerriD when we went to finalize the local Jayco had two 17.58-1 and one 17.58-3 all non outbacks
So maybe ring locally to you and see, not many dealers have what their new stock is online which I find silly.
Really a few things I find with Jayco and how they advertise too old school, the website has been getting updated since Feb... Still no new pics or videos
More pics on net a non outback shower model in SA http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Carav...CRAFT-POPTOP/Mount-Gambier/SA/AdNumber=C366Q4

Reactions: TerriD