Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 17.58-1 OB

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Small thing although will make life easier.
Brought a smaller reverse camera so we can see the towball when reversing to hitch up.
Just used a magnet and it sits on the recovery point
IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

Reactions: Pace

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
TV antenna not working should of triple checked it with ladder before we left. Must just tuned from aerial lead only at home. So no footy or abc for kids.
I find that I have to retune the tv every time we stop. Could be that because it is not plugged in but boxed up nice and cosy for travel, that any station memory disappears. Very easy and quick to do so never a hassle.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
I find that I have to retune the tv every time we stop. Could be that because it is not plugged in but boxed up nice and cosy for travel, that any station memory disappears. Very easy and quick to do so never a hassle.
@Marv_mart in at Jayco now. Was not re-tuning I tried it many times got no stations. I tried all the cables going to the back of the winegard splitter even though I already traced and labeled them before.
Multi meter at home shows the coax been cut or stapled somewhere so does not get from roof to caravan. Now if I had a ladder while I was away I could of ran the cable from the roof myself. Shield goes through not the core.

I really should of triple checked after I fixed the plugged in the wrong way around. Although at home I can pickup all stations just putting a cable in the back not connected to any ariel. Down Marcus Hill not so lucky.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi Davemc, can I bother you to take some measurements for me ? Can you measure the dinette ? Need to measure the floor between the 2 seats, and also measure between the 2backrests, for possible dropping the table down and sitting the porta cot up there, we are considering a 17.58 as well but we need to find out where our little girl (18 months) can sleep. She's in a cot and wondering if we can possibly fit a porta cot (or something) in. Whilst she'll will probably be in a bed eventually which is why we like the bunks but we are yet to decide if we want to try for a second. Any help would we appreciated.

Cheers Phil
I ended up removing the table and installing a tri-fold table. Less reliant on wall fixture as it sits on a small cupboard that has several wall fix points and some silicon.
See here: http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/marv_marts-panda.5178/
#mod 4 was the tri-fold table.
Others have said they ended up filling the hole with something like liquid nails and then screwing in before it hardens.
Not sure if you can get it off after if needed though.
Cheers

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Marv_mart thanks for the Solar panel tip.. Could not remember where I saw it :)
I will see what Jayco does with the table. That folding table you have looks great although we need to make the dinette into a bed once the kids get bigger so not sure it will work well? I do not like the standard dinette with stupid fold up leg and connected to wall. Rather it be one of those that drop down or even a table leg that gets replaced or removed..One thing I liked with the Avan Lily I could remove the table and take it outside.
d1057502642969_g-Resized640x480.jpg

I also said to the wife maybe remove and just use the bunnings table.. Seeing its a few weeks old like them to fix it.
We also need to get other things fixed so they can have it a few days.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks good Dave. We were in Bendigo today as well yeah not the best weather

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Jimmy yes getting a bit muddy here, we have a ensuite site although just grass for awning. Noticed a few other sites have concrete where the annex goes. Not sure they are perms be nice getting damp toilet runs with kids.
TV aerial works yeah
Truma on 26 and low and nice toasty 22 in here

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok back home after a 3 nights in Bendigo. As said earlier boys loved the playground... Spent 4-5 hours a day there lucky I have AFL on the iphone :)
Spoke to soon about TV, booster light did not go on after first night. Just goes green for a half a sec and off.. So without booster TV not so good.
Had problem where Truma dumped water inside the van on dinette not happy. Worse I was sitting there at the time. Sarah happy as only me wet. Went to ceramic heater after that so lucky I brought it now.

We actually left the park a few times :) walked the streets of Bendigo and went to Rosalind park. Found Beechworth Bakery actually was cheaper eating here then macca's.
Thought about doing the mine although twin 2 year olds thought wait to they where older.

Four boys just liked having the 4 level playground to themselves so they where happy there.
IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

Oh and some idiot (me) forgot to tighten awning knob.. lucky knob there need to get a new nut :)

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi Dave, congrats your new rig looks brilliant, although we had our heart set on a 17.56.2 panda the research has revealed that 17.58.3 will suit our families needs better, we are just about to commit to a 17.58.3 disappointing to read about the issues with your aerial, pity the issue was not picked up in pre-delivery. Regards TerriD

Reactions: relgate

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ahh we had a small list @TerriD need to check the aerial again in a few weeks when we head away next...
Sad but I did not expect it to come without a problem..TV Aerial annoying.. Dinette was the bigger problem if second hand I just put some no more nails which I think is what they did :)

The -3 is very nice.. a part of me thinks maybe we should of done that although twins will be sick of sharing a bunk soon.. if we got the -3 then they be stuck together on the dinette