Pace's 17.56-2 Touring

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Done a quick addition the van today. Got these made up from the local cobbler/ shoe repairer. Handy to grab those pesky zippers. Pace.

Attachments

• zipper extensions.jpg
    zipper extensions.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 596

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Well plugged in the power to van this morning and was alarmed to what I heard. As usual I test all functions of the van as power is applied, then one of the gpo's started to sizzle from the switch mechanism.

Immediately switched off and unplugged cal-pert, main circuit breaker never tripped either. Here's what was found;

Offending GPO
burnt switch.jpg
Normal GPO
normal switch.jpg
Now of course these GPO's are simply plug in, plug out type and are readily available for Jayco spares. Although I have taken it to the next level and have emailed Jayco finding for a possible recall from this batch number of our vintage van.

The attending electrician has swapped the offending gpo to another location where there is only 1 side of the gpo utilised, so we utilise the original location.

Cheers Pace.

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
I have an older little washing machine I take away when we go camping and I just love it. Picked it up cheap while at a caravan park one holiday. The people that had it just wanted to lighten the load of there van. Beats paying a fortune at caravan parks.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
So, this happened today. Yes the screws did pull out from the roof too.Whom on here recall a members who had similar happen to them, re the the flexi straps. Thx Pace.

Attachments

• shower fault (2).jpg
    shower fault (2).jpg
    819 KB · Views: 458
  • shower fault.jpg
    shower fault.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 587

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Microwave stopped working last trip (Ballarat), so l replaced it last week. Impressed with my handy work, went it 1st go with all new mounting points l needed to engineer.

While I was in the van,I cut up an extra shelf for the large cupboard, then our young princess installed some screws into the inner edge of the cupboard to hold it place. Mrs Pace happier now and a good sense of pride our young princess handy work performed.

Proud dad smiling ear to ear right now. Pace.

Reactions: darcy305