Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 17.58-1 OB

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Trying to work out a arm for the TV..
Although took the stand off and it sort of just fits :( so I really need to get a arm with a release.
Went to buy this one although double check height out by 3cms :(
http://www.ergonomicsnow.com.au/products/cme-lcd-monitor-arm

Rather not put in the wall hence been looking at something to fit in cable grommet.
Thinking I will find this a Ergotron LX. Looks you can lift the arm off for traveling and can actually go up and down.
http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/351/language/en-AU/Default.aspx

IMG_5262.JPG

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok did the fridge light.. now will find another light for the way in stupid no switch for first overhead next to door :)
IMG_5300.JPG

Found a monitor stand I liked and they got it in same day so sweet.
http://www.atdec.com.au/brands/levitate
Had to find a VESA adapater only one I found quickly was Jaycar. A little larger then I wanted although thing I can store the portable harddrive above :)
Was not hard to put in I removed the desk clamp on the bottom put it in grommet and then reattached which was fun to do by yourself.. Sometimes I should of grown that third arm :)
Can move the monitor up down and around :) also remove which was not so easy once the TV was there.. Need to work out what I need to do.. you can secure down the bolt onto the TV if you want see how it goes unsecured. Need to work out something to attach this to on the outside of van.
Need to work out how to secure while traveling it does tuck up in between overheads so maybe something simple.
Could place leads up easily.
Some pictures as everyone likes pictures :)

on bad news TV aerial still playing up.. Green light does not come on the booster had trouble re-tuning. :( grrrr van in again on 24th for first service.

IMG_5290.jpg
IMG_5291.jpg
IMG_5292.jpg
IMG_5293.jpg
IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5297.JPG
IMG_5298.JPG
IMG_5299.JPG

timbo2002

Jan 15, 2014
Sydney
Well done! Can I just check - is there no light in the fridge? If not, do you mind letting me know what light you bought? Am concerned how much work I have ahead of me ;) At the moment I am building the driveway extension for somewhere to store the caravan when we get it - will be many weekends work just for that piece!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Cost they running out this model $168 pickup $24 for VESA adapter
Seen $155 or so normal price $300+ it's seriously well built compared to the cheap one I had long ago.
Worked out cheaper then Jayco option only just although pulls out further and higher and easily dismantled

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Palsonic 28" got it on special when the Kogan 24" where out of stock. Did not think it would not fit on bench with stand, as you can see above just fits in without it. TV 40cm without stand space is 43cm stand adds extra 6 cms to 46cm which is too high.

Up the coast

Jul 30, 2014
Dromana, Victoria
Hello Everyone,

Thought start a new thread now the caravan is actually here :)
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/starcraft-17-58-1-ob-due-29-may.4450/page-4#post-77577

This is our first caravan and after a long wait from end of Jan she arrived yesterday.
On pickup we noticed they put a touring Starcraft sticker on the front and one of the side stickers already peeling and split. They fix on first service no problem with that, found it funny they put the wrong sticker on and Sarah nearly parked in front of the wrong van because she was looking for outback :)
The dinette did not go down without rocking so they cut us another piece of wood to fit so that's all good.

We eventually got it in as it got dark last night after around 45-50 mins going back and forwards.

Some pictures from a few minutes ago externally. Will take some internal shots once I packed everything away
@achjimmy picture of wheel on rear
Congrats guys, looks rad, really like the starcraft

Reactions: davemc

Up the coast

Jul 30, 2014
Dromana, Victoria
About 5 weeks now. I really liked the starcraft when I looked at them but was gonna struggle with the weight with the prado. The Disco pulls 3500kg so your laughing. Prado is struggle street when it comes to towing, sucks.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Good work with the TV install, glad you came up with a solution.

Is that TV 12volt? It's huge.
thanks @BigSkiddy Yes 12v biggest I could find on 12v. Was waiting to the Kogan 24" everyone has was back in stock and saw it on sale at DSE. It is not full HD although 28" really have to be close to care and not like I am watching blu rays on it.

The arm I saw these ages ago they where over $300 so hence looking at other options there is a C.ME one for $133 which got me looking again although that one is on a pole and 3cms to high to fit under overhead.

Now wondering should I connect up a old Mac Mini I have to it :)

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
Dave,

You may have already checked it, but is that TV arm mount tight enough ? looks loose to me ?

img_5294-jpg.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Swerve I think a little something not 100% plumb as well. I just removed and put back on adding the locking pin so it does not swing 360.. worked out I can get it back through the hole without removing clamp.. Makes life easier :)
I tightened it as far as I wanted to go its not really wood worried it will cause damage. Each time now I tighten more waiting for a crack sound...
Now just have to work out how to secure it for travel. It springs up high as set the tension correct for the TV.

Check TV again still no good the green booster light only comes on for half a sec goes out could not tune in channels :( off to service maybe its a sign we should not have TV in a van