17' Series Tim & Trish 17.56.2 OB

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi TT,

You have installed extra USB sockets, scan I ask what brand and where you got them from?
i am looking at the baintech ones, but am having trouble finding a local stockist.

Have emailed Baintech, they gave me battery world locally, gave them a call
conversation went something like this.
"Nup, but can get them..." How much? "No idea..." Can you find out? "Guess so"...
Guess not as never heard back.

also seeing you are close by I might have to call upon your expertise when we collect our baby for some similar mods I am wanting to do!

BJ

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Bmhdg76, BJ

They are baintech USB Points and i got them off Ebay & Delivered to my Door, $26 each. I have attached the link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290872124151?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As for advise, I am happy to help with any questions you have. As you said i am local, and happy to lend a hand or advise if i have something to offer others. It broadens mine and others skills, so happy to contribute.

Like my boss used to say, Nothing better than a good "foreign Order" it normally pushes the individual skill sets to the long term benefit of the company. I apply the same principle at home, when someone asks for help.

This is one of the things i really like about this forum.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Bmhdg76

Seeing as you are from North Lakes give Turbo Batteries on South Pine Rd Brendale a call. When I was in there the other day I seen they had some Baintech gear in one of their displays.

Duncan

Reactions: Bmhdg76

ozexplorer

Apr 14, 2013
Hey All,

Thought i would show off some of my mods done in the last week since picking up our van. It is all coming together now. Up loaded a few photos, if the mods.

Tunnel Lights,
Drifter Control Panel
Fusion Stereo, with router and iphone, ipod control. (looking forward to this when in front of the fire)
TV & wall bracket
Extra USB Power points
BBQ External light
New Drawbar charging wire & Ctek DC charger
2 x 130W Solar Panels
Reversing / rear view Camera

I think this covers it, for now. View attachment 14735 View attachment 14736 View attachment 14737 View attachment 14738 View attachment 14739 View attachment 14740
Hi TT,
Just a question about your tv bracket.

1. what type and where did you get it.

2. did jayco put any extra support in the wall for the bracket.

Thanks

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Hi TT,
Just a question about your tv bracket.

1. what type and where did you get it.

2. did jayco put any extra support in the wall for the bracket.

Thanks

Hey ozexplorer, i got the bracket from Caravans Plus, i have included the link. http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11910

Jayco did nothing different in the walls for me. I just screwed it to the wall with large gauge wood screws. Some people talk about sika as well. But it is structural ply from what i understand so it is pretty tough.

It has stood up to all the highway and dirt stuff so far. But i also tie it back to the wall when traveling so ensure the weight stays close to the wall.

Tim

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Hey All,

Bit of an update on the Van, the money tree came good so we fitted a bit more. Finally got my front box done, while there have been a bunch to "tool boxs" made for the drawbar mine is a little different.

I made it a fair size, do not intend on filling it yet. But if i get an annex i have future planned, better to spend the money once. I made it a 2 part lid, so i could open the side i want from the side i was on. I also powder coated it black. I like the black look, and wanted to keep the factory appearance. I really like the way it came up.

I have removed the tire (next job, under the van) I also made a new base frame for the gas bottles but used the original gas bottle frames. It is all mounted up now, the van will get a 1 month layup in a few weeks so i will get the bottle holder & the tire frame work off to the galvanisers for final coating.

I have attached a few photos of the mods.
IMG_1422.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1434.JPG

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
@Pace, nah mate the gas struts are all good. It is just the rip stop vinyl with the whiteish material on the back from Clark Rubber / Bunnings. It was about $100 to do the job. Added benefit i was not expecting was how dark the van is with these on on the morning.

I just clip them off when we pack up. They go over the top of the original privacy covers on another set of press studs i screwed in.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey @TTBRIDGE top job. Do you happen to have the measurements still handy. Would like to see how that would go on my 16-49-4.

Cheers Geoff

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Time for another mod... The bed we hate. After a 16 nights in 3 months we cannot get to like it, nothing worse than driving a solid day and not having a good bed. So in light of other beds i have seen on here we made the change.

While it was not cheep, it will be worth it. We got 2 single sizeish mattress made by made to measure in Brisbane. We have had one of there innerspring before in the camper and loved it. So we went back again for another, but this time the next up the range as we had more allowance to pay with.

They are zipped down the middle so still easy to fold and hold down in the same way the original did. The matters cast was $840. As they are all the same width at 200mm i needed to build up the tunnel lid. I still wanted to be able to open it, and it to be as light as possible but strong.

So i went with 10mm ply, with pine side runners and a center brace. They are a little smaller than the original door as to allow the new raised box to fit into to bed cutout. Once it was all made, to finish off i used some contact, in a wood grain colour to cover it $4 at the loacl office works and it looks kind of factory but better than bare or painted timber.

Few photos of the whole job below. Looking forward to sleeping on it now.

Attachments

• Box Color.jpg
    Box Color.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 480
  • open door.jpg
    open door.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 477
  • Bed.jpg
    Bed.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 484

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
I feel for you. Mine is still just under two months away, so the excitement build up hasn't peaked yet.
How about this idea to speed the next 10 days up. Book yourself in for something really unpleasant for about two weeks away. I'm thinking vasectomy, or prostate exam. Time seems to fly when something like that is approaching.:congratulatory:

Hahaha that's awesome. I'm hearing ya mate!

SP4RKI

Jan 13, 2013
Arcadia, NSW
Time for another mod... The bed we hate. After a 16 nights in 3 months we cannot get to like it, nothing worse than driving a solid day and not having a good bed. So in light of other beds i have seen on here we made the change.

While it was not cheep, it will be worth it. We got 2 single sizeish mattress made by made to measure in Brisbane. We have had one of there innerspring before in the camper and loved it. So we went back again for another, but this time the next up the range as we had more allowance to pay with.

They are zipped down the middle so still easy to fold and hold down in the same way the original did. The matters cast was $840. As they are all the same width at 200mm i needed to build up the tunnel lid. I still wanted to be able to open it, and it to be as light as possible but strong.

So i went with 10mm ply, with pine side runners and a center brace. They are a little smaller than the original door as to allow the new raised box to fit into to bed cutout. Once it was all made, to finish off i used some contact, in a wood grain colour to cover it $4 at the loacl office works and it looks kind of factory but better than bare or painted timber.

Few photos of the whole job below. Looking forward to sleeping on it now.
@TTBRIDGE , that mattress looks great! We are going away this weekend and will sleep at opposite ends of the van to ensure a goods night sleep.... Because of the comfort factor.... Did you happen to draw up plans for the new lids as well? I would love a copy if you did! That's the next mod before the extended Xmas holiday.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Great Job TT. Let us know how blissfull your night sleep becomes!
Any issues with folding the bed? This is so much simpler than the std Jayco setup with the three piece matteress and the different heights, there has to some reason Jaydo doesn't do it this way.....surely...?:confused-87: