17' Series Tim & Trish 17.56.2 OB

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey All,

We have been here for a while now, as frequent readers will know. We ordered our van in March and it is due any day. (I think it is here, but i asked them to hold off as long as they could when it got here as our camper had not sold. All going well, i will give:( it away tomorrow)

Addtions we went for, (roof AC / arwning now std)
Wineguard Antenna
Ext Shower
Ext Table
Extended Drawbar
150 Ltr Fridge
Gas Oven
Deleted Microwave
Went for the bottom enclosed bunk, over the table. Don't really need 2 dinettes and gives more storage.

I think this was about that order.

So, this is the fun part, what we plan on doing to it as it will not be standard for too long.
Solar 260W(already here waiting)
Battery x 2 120 amh (already have waiting)
All the charging gear (here waiting)
Control Panel (have ordered online)
LED lighting (additional)
Stereo int & Ext (here waiting)
TV (here waiting)
Shelving in parts
Front storage box, on drawbar
Custom drop down bike rack on rear of van.

Down the track, (not to far after i finish) I will change the hitch height and go on top of the chassis. Once i put 2 battery's, fill the tanks up and fill the front box and bikes that will take care of 350kg of the 400 pay load. So, I will also get the van re-engineered, this will also cover off on re-welding a plate for the hitch. As i am am a fitter buy trade any mods that i need to make to meat the new requirement will be pretty easy.

I am lead to believe that the Jayco chassis is pretty good, but most likely needs some gussets on the draw bar transition point. From the numbers i have it will not be to expensive, but i can change my mind once drawings are done if there is to much required. I would rather do this for my own piece of mind on Insurance (if i ever need it)

I think this is it, i will be sure to add pictures as i go if i am not so busy stripping the new van.

Reactions: The Wadamses

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Wow, you guys have been busy stockpiling gear in preparation of your Expandas arrival!
I can't wait to see all the mods as they happen. I have a feeling you'll be inspiring many members! Can't wait!

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
So our van turned up at the dealer today. The camper is gone, so all good for delivery. We requested Friday the 7th June (3 days time). Only to be told we do not do deliveries while the caravan & camping show is on. It starts tomorrow, and runs for a week. So the first slot we can get is Friday the 14th.

Bummer, the last 3 months has been an easy wait as the camper was not sold. Now we have the cash we have to wait, the next 10 days is really going to suck. I have to say, i am really looking forward to it now, having to wait knowing it is 10 mins down the road is a kick in the backside. particularly with this weekend being a long weekend, that is a whole 3 days i could be pulling it apart.

Reactions: blacky

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I feel for you. Mine is still just under two months away, so the excitement build up hasn't peaked yet.
How about this idea to speed the next 10 days up. Book yourself in for something really unpleasant for about two weeks away. I'm thinking vasectomy, or prostate exam. Time seems to fly when something like that is approaching.:congratulatory:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Just load the tools in the back of the car and go down and get started Tim:eagerness:. I'd love to see the look on their faces.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
As Hannibal used to say "Don't you just love it when a plan comes together"......hope all goes well Tim!