The Marshians 17.56.2 OB

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK... plans are afoot to head back to the Red Centre for the first time in 17yrs in the middle of next year.

Will no doubt start a thread about it a little down the track, but happy to have people sling a few things here in the interim and I start the thinking process...

Hmmm.... going to be an adventure and a half!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK... whilst we plan/dream about our Red Centre trip (and mooch off information in @Kenshi123 's thread) we're gearing up for our Cup Weekend trip to Lake Fyans. Can't wait to get the van out again as I actually mowed the grass around it on the weekend and it looks like it's Gypsy Hotel with the long grass under it! Concrete slab goes down next weekend as well, which will help it's storage to.

Still a few things to sort out with the van, we're going to have a crack at using the shower and toilet for the first time (despite being at a CP) just so we know what we know what to do when we go off the grid.

Mrs Smerg's found some tubs which fit perfectly in the various cupboards in the van which has allowed us to store the kids clothes in and transfer them in and out. The Tekno Barrel is also coming along, but it'll be riding in the back of the Pajenero. Kids are looking forward to marshmellows on it...

Unfortunately we didn't get time to purchase our Weber Q, but with a bit more of a delay it helps with the odds of the Grandparents kicking in for Christmas!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
@Smergen whats the planned duration of your central oz trip

At this stage it's only going to be around 3 weeks @Crusty181 ... That's one of the things we need to determine. It'll depends on holidays, $$ and EOFY stuff at work.

Having grown up in the Territory, I know how short that amount time is for travelling up there. First pass is to take 4-5 days drive up there, a little over a week up there going over old ground, and then whatever time is left on the way back home.

But like I said, we have yet lock any plans in.

Reactions: blacky

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
At this stage it's only going to be around 3 weeks @Crusty181 ... That's one of the things we need to determine. It'll depends on holidays, $$ and EOFY stuff at work.

Having grown up in the Territory, I know how short that amount time is for travelling up there. First pass is to take 4-5 days drive up there, a little over a week up there going over old ground, and then whatever time is left on the way back home.

But like I said, we have yet lock any plans in.

Keep me posted mate on dates mate. :)

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Keep me posted mate on dates mate. :)

If we are heading north mate you can almost guarantee it will either be the Easter or mid year school holidays. One of the two, plus a week at either the front or back. Not sure how that correlates with you trip but hopefully we may cross over somewhere.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
If we are heading north mate you can almost guarantee it will either be the Easter or mid year school holidays. One of the two, plus a week at either the front or back. Not sure how that correlates with you trip but hopefully we may cross over somewhere.

We are leaving the first Saturday of mid year school holidays mate. (27th June). Won't be home until late August :) :) :)

Reactions: 17triton

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
We intend to do the Kimberley's next year (June/July 2015) up through the middle and then west. Gibb River Rd and then back along the A1 thru Fitroy Crossing, Kununurra and then back down the middle again to Adelaide. Proposed dates from mid June for one month. That way only miss two AFL matches at Adl Oval.

Last edited: