The Marshians 17.56.2 OB

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
OK Mod time...

After seeing a thread on here, decided to take the plunge on an external blue tooth speaker. Solved our "how do we play music?" dilemma... So bought one of these...

Install was an interesting affair... My first dabble with 12V, sika, drilling into the van and internals of the van... It was an awesome day in the Marsh, so much so that it was warm... lucky the van has a built in shade making facility!

Once off, it was pretty simple to cut some wires, use a little crimping bracket I found in my brothers 12V kit (should've soldered it but baby steps...) and tested it before mounting it on the wall of the van. I didn't really line up the holes too well but in the end it's on there and most of my shoddy work is hidden... I need to work on my sika application technique, but I reckon I'll get better. With a sharp blade I should be able clean it up nicely.

@Smergen - great writeup, i'm about to do the same to our 17-56.1 but curious as to whether you used the two mounting bracket/slider things, or just fixed the unit directly to the side of the van?

Cheers

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Quick question about the Bluetooth speaker and light replacement if I may @Smergen, is it just a straight swap? i.e. same holes etc? Wiring just cut and wire to new one?

Looking at installing one of the BCF units before our Xmas getaway to Yarrawonga. Cheers.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
you have to screw/drill in 4 new holes, but you reuse the existing light wiring to power the unit, so no need to run any new cabling.

Spot on. Really quite simple. I found the hardest bit was getting the old light off, and then putting some nice clean application of Sika to get it back on. Brilliant bit of kit though.

Reactions: bigcol