17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

rcf

Jun 15, 2014
Gladstone Qld
I have seen these the quality isnt great they are made out of the same material use to make camper annexes ,not real strontium and not real water proof.do your selves a favour and buy the Kakadu annexe hard lid surrounds
They make them out of canvas and vinyl and 100 % top quality
$990
do u have the vinyl ends, how do they fix it to the lid, its looks a gr8 set u have in the pic.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Guys, do we know how the Jayco ones attach? If it is sail-track, do thy supply the track as part of their price?

For convenience I'm actually keener on just replacing the privacy screen with a press-stud screen that is waterproof.

Thanks
Yeh was told sail track and it's extra on top of the price and I got another phone call late last week with another price as apparently the first price was wrong $380 minus my 10% discount so about $340 + sail track.

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Well I must say we fitted the ones from Holiday Annexes only last month, everything was included for fitting. I ordered them on a Monday, they arrived on the Thursday, and they fitted perfectly, we are very happy with them. We even tested them in poor weather at Apollo Bay two weeks ago and they passed with flying colors.

Reactions: skippy and Nagga's

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Well I must say we fitted the ones from Holiday Annexes only last month, everything was included for fitting. I ordered them on a Monday, they arrived on the Thursday, and they fitted perfectly, we are very happy with them. We even tested them in poor weather at Apollo Bay two weeks ago and they passed with flying colors.

Me too!! And mine was tested in Cat1 cyclone winds... no leaks!

krista

Jan 20, 2014
I have spoken to brisbane camperland and they have put in a order to get some in he said they are made by the same company who do the mesh cover that comes with the expanda he seems to think they press stud on in replace of mesh and are priced at $421 with vip discount will let me know when in .

Reactions: MBC004

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
I just spoke to CaravanLand in Perth and the covers are arriving next week. Apparently they stud onto the existing privacy screen studs. They are $450 for each end for our van which is the 18.57.5 model.

Reactions: dagree and Nagga's

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I would say they have the press studs back onto the van but it's definitely sail track in the photos holding them on around the lid, time will tell what it is. I was told sail track and a lot of different prices still seem to be being quoted. Don't know how they can charge extra just because it's in WA, Jayco Mackay get all there bits and pieces up in vans that get delivered you would think other dealers could do the same to keep prices down.

MBC004

Feb 3, 2014
I have spoken to brisbane camperland and they have put in a order to get some in he said they are made by the same company who do the mesh cover that comes with the expanda he seems to think they press stud on in replace of mesh and are priced at $421 with vip discount will let me know when in .

I emailed and called camperland but I have not heard a thing back,

I will be price checking camperland, as I have found they are massively expensive on most items

rcf

Jun 15, 2014
Gladstone Qld
I can have some Monday arvo when I set up in Emerald for a couple of days, if that's ok?
Sweet as,there are so many bed ends to choose from,just not sure which one to choose,we hired a expanda at easter time and went to cania and it rained for 2 days and we got the wet bed ends we will be out there at xmas time for a wk with the new van,pick it up in oct,so carnt wait.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
I just had some fitted with my first service last week, front is a different shape to back which they didn't realise so I have to wait for the back, they were $270 each end, now just to test they in the rain, which comes every time we go away :)

Hi @Benado, do you mind telling me where (which dealer) you purchased your bed ends from? Cheers TRAKADU

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I just spoke to CaravanLand in Perth and the covers are arriving next week. Apparently they stud onto the existing privacy screen studs. They are $450 for each end for our van which is the 18.57.5 model.

Called in to Caravanland again today as I was told 2 weeks ago they would (Should?) be here by this week. Two weeks ago the computer said the first order was picked and ready to dispatch. She checked again today and it now says "Order received" so not even ready to leave the factory!!!!!!! She was not happy as they are getting calls daily inquiring about them..... I am certain WA stands for "Wait Awhile!!!!"

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Called in to Caravanland again today as I was told 2 weeks ago they would (Should?) be here by this week. Two weeks ago the computer said the first order was picked and ready to dispatch. She checked again today and it now says "Order received" so not even ready to leave the factory!!!!!!! She was not happy as they are getting calls daily inquiring about them..... I am certain WA stands for "Wait Awhile!!!!"
You are spot on Dagree, WA does stand for Wait Awhile! Everything takes forever to get here!

Reactions: Nagga's and dagree

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
I'm a novice here, if you ordered these would you still need privacy screens or would you go without and use this instead?

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
The Holiday Annexe version can be installed with the privacy screen as it uses its own 'Sail Track' but I don't see the point as the bed end provides more than enough security/privacy. The HA version also needs to be slipped off when packing up but I am told this takes just a few seconds. HA also supplies everything required to install yourself except for a drill with a 1/8th drill bit, pop rivet gun, silastic. Theirs cost $570 for a single front end though so a bit more expensive than the Jayco version.
I am waiting to see how the Jayco version is installed, the weight of the canvas (4oz?) and whether they have 'window' flaps that can be folded down to expose a mesh that lines up with the Jayco windows.

Chookster

Mar 4, 2014
Secret harbour
Here's a pic of mine I just had done last wk for the WA peeps $350 for front $500 for back on sail tracks fitted and he will post as they are standard fit
image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: dagree