17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
@Flossymk1 the ones in your photo are set up the same as ours (holiday annexes version that is). It was raining the last time we packed the van up, with sail track you can make them the last thing to remove and throw them in the back of a ute as your saying. (We did this). Got home hung them out under cover, which is mighty helpful and defiantly prevents the chance of mould. We got mould in our last camper trailer unfortunately, even after setting it up at home trying to dry it out.

Yes @Dean81 that's exactly what I want to be able to do, so I hope the new Jayco ones will be fitted the same way, otherwise I would go with the Holiday Annexes ones.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Cheers @rodney Will call in and have a look and more than likely order/buy some when you get them. Was going to give Terry at Australiawide Annexes a call and see what he could do but will wait.
Might pop in later this week to pick up a spare wheel cover if I can get down that way. If you're there I'll ask for you and say G'Day.

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Jayco expander bedend covers just spoke to Caravanland in wa and they want $450 per cover here ,they said they cost more here because of the freight apart from all the parts they order are put in new vans which get shipped here from Melbourne.

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Yeah guys, I wandered down there this morning and paid for ours.They only just ordered their stock of these today,so won't be in for a week or two. The general consensus of opinion is that nobody seems to know how they fit as there isn't any information. It seems that Caravanland 's best guess is that the lid needs modifying with the brackets as seen in the photos on the earlier post.

Seems odd that the dealers have to upsell these with very little information, but I guess with idiots like me eager for what they have come up with, then they perhaps don't really need to. Maybe others will be more critical. I just don't want to get wet and crave an easy life.

As for the price I paid ? $405 with the obligatory Toy Shop discount. As long as they do what they say they do,then the extra few bucks won't break the bank. For me it is just a normal part of business to charge for freight regardless of whether items are consolidated or not. For a Business it is swings and roundabouts and necessary to make sure they can make a quid at the end of the day. They employ quite a few people and also carry a ton of stock and we all demand Service when we want it and complain when we don't get it, plus I am sure they work off a factory discount structure that does not take into account tyranny of distance. It is all par for the course when living in one of the most isolated cities on earth.

Unfortunately Capitalism is what it is and unless it is a blatant rip off, then it beats the hell out of any other alternative available.

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
We have only a requirement for one, hence the lower price. I guess Townsville is as near as dammit the same distance north as we are West. From a former life, I know it is a bugger of a job getting freight from Perth to FNQ. It costs a packet, takes ages and involves several waypoints ( and goes missing or gets broken on a regular basis).

She's a bloody big country......

Reactions: Flossymk1

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Yeah I knew they would cost more up here - I could order them from another Jayco dealer down south I guess, but then the freight cost would probably make up the difference anyway..

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Well the news from Jayco in Canberra is $650 each but don't expect any in stock for at least a few months. It might be cheaper for me to drive to Perth or Townsville? Sadly I think this whole discussion reflects on Jayco, not the dealers.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Yeah I knew they would cost more up here - I could order them from another Jayco dealer down south I guess, but then the freight cost would probably make up the difference anyway..
Does this include install?? Or do you have to do it yourself.
I can get you holiday annexes from the guy here in Redbank for $850 (for both ends) and post them to you on e-go.com.au couriers for I reckon $25-$30 max. E-go are great for sending anything like this, we sent shade nets to Townsville, their was 3 shade nets in total 60kg in weight, And door to door it cost me $80.

The overall cost is not that much cheaper, but it's not too bad. Maybe if old mate at holiday annexes knew of these he might discount them further?.

Last edited:

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
I don't think the price estimated was reliable but they did say 'each' (per end). It was suggested to me that they simply replace the shade cloth - that is, they have press-studs. I'll wait till they actually have some in stock before I decide. It's a pity the existence of the product got out before the dealers really know anything about it.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Think I might wait until some on here get theirs and post pics before deciding. Got a "ball park" price of approximately $900 for both ends from Australiawide Annexes after I had the annexe walls made and fitted. Will be made out of matching canvas if we go with them so that should make the Mrs happy!

Reactions: bigcol

rcf

Jun 15, 2014
Gladstone Qld
so true, i have the holiday annexes, jayco has just changed the colours..

still think they should be supiplied free to every jayco van. do you know how long it takes to dry out saturated mattresses?
I think they should be free too, im picking up the van in oct, I will be asking about them to the salesman

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Called into Caravanland this afternoon to get the wheel cover and asked about the bed ends...... Got a verbal of "$375.00 I think?? Will know for sure when we get the first order in a week or two". Wonder what price will be on the tag when they arrive o_O ?

@rodney was going to ask where you were and come say G'Day but the way the weather was :rain: thought it best to wait till next time

Reactions: Nagga's and bigcol

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Called into Caravanland this afternoon to get the wheel cover and asked about the bed ends...... Got a verbal of "$375.00 I think?? Will know for sure when we get the first order in a week or two". Wonder what price will be on the tag when they arrive o_O ?

@rodney was going to ask where you were and come say G'Day but the way the weather was :rain: thought it best to wait till next time
Was that each or pair