17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Yeah have seen them but prefer to see things like this in the flesh before parting with some $'s....
And from memory they didn't have windows?
You can get Windows put in them . The bloke has a expanda him self so tryed

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Didn't read the full description when I looked but when I saw they are made from PVC that put me off.....
Unless we are talking about another seller?

Out with the Tent!

Apr 5, 2013
We have a Kakadu canvas set of bed ends purchased with our van last year. The PVC track was installed on the outside of the bed end lip as shown in the Jayco ad at the start of this thread. This caused issues with ours as the PVC track rubbed against the press studs of the privacy bed ends when the lid was closed. Jayco came to the party and relocated the track to the inside of the bed end lip and problem solved.

Long story short:
Insure the PVC track is installed on the inside lip of the bed end lid. Attached pic shows example of where not to have the track!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 687

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We have a Kakadu canvas set of bed ends purchased with our van last year. The PVC track was installed on the outside of the bed end lip as shown in the Jayco ad at the start of this thread. This caused issues with ours as the PVC track rubbed against the press studs of the privacy bed ends when the lid was closed. Jayco came to the party and relocated the track to the inside of the bed end lip and problem solved.

Long story short:
Insure the PVC track is installed on the inside lip of the bed end lid. Attached pic shows example of where not to have the track!

Love to see a photo of how it is now.:)

Reactions: dagree

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Didn't read the full description when I looked but when I saw they are made from PVC that put me off.....
Unless we are talking about another seller?
Why not pvc ? It's same material as pop top but little thicker I just message bloke

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I don't know if I'm just lucky, but I've never had a leak with the using just the shade cloth covers supplied by Prestige Jayco in Geelong.
Jason
I didn't either but I bought a canvas one anyway. The privacy screens from the Geelong dealer is a much more heavier weave of mesh!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Why not pvc ? It's same material as pop top but little thicker I just message bloke

Not a fan of PVC after having PVC annex walls and bed fly's on previous van (Canvas breathes better)....
But the main reason is due to aesthetics.. The "Boss wants them to match the current annex walls :sad:

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
I rang Brisbane Camperland and the guy there hadn't even heard of Jayco making them and gave me a number of someone on the Gold Coast that makes them! Talk about lack of communication for Jayco.

Reactions: rcf

morg3718

Aug 10, 2011
Mount Eliza Victoria
I spoke to both Page Bros in Seaford and Spare Parts at Jayco Head Office. Head Office have plenty of the bed end covers available. The price they quoted (last Wednesday) was $450 and have to fit yourself.
Page Bros quoted $435 and fit yourself.
How come the difference in price? I would have thought that the head office price would have been at least equal to the "walk up" price at Page Bros.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
I spoke to both Page Bros in Seaford and Spare Parts at Jayco Head Office. Head Office have plenty of the bed end covers available. The price they quoted (last Wednesday) was $450 and have to fit yourself.
Page Bros quoted $435 and fit yourself.
How come the difference in price? I would have thought that the head office price would have been at least equal to the "walk up" price at Page Bros.

just a thought maybe head office quote standard retail, and at store level they quote price less a discount if you have brought your van from them as page bros do , think its 5%. . page bros changed there discounting tactics last week.
as i have brought of them every week since i brought my van. ( damm site and mods, costing me a fortune! but love it)

Reactions: Ren77

Caravan solutions

Jun 20, 2014
I have seen these the quality isnt great they are made out of the same material use to make camper annexes ,not real strontium and not real water proof.do your selves a favour and buy the Kakadu annexe hard lid surrounds
They make them out of canvas and vinyl and 100 % top quality
$990

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 427

Constable Clan

Oct 5, 2013
muswellbrook
Do we know if the bed end is made from canvas or vinyl ? as we had a vinyl bed end made when we ordered or annex and it works a treat, so many people have asked about ours it's not funny. I do like the clear window cover on the Jayco one, as it would be nice when its raining during the day and still letting the light in. A plus for Jayco if this bed cover is around the $350 price, as our was much closer to the being $500.

Reactions: Ren77

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Guys, do we know how the Jayco ones attach? If it is sail-track, do thy supply the track as part of their price?

For convenience I'm actually keener on just replacing the privacy screen with a press-stud screen that is waterproof.

Thanks