17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
For the month of July Jayco have a bonus package for all new Expanda's ordered during July,Jayco Bed end Covers & ESC
Did you notice that Jayco put the recommend price for bedcovers on the email rrp $776 I 'm shore now Caravanland Jayco in the WA will have to onner this price and also give the 10 per cent you get when you by a van with them from their parts shop.

Reactions: Chooky and dagree

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
@rcf As promised (1 day late though)
image.jpg
image.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
For the month of July Jayco have a bonus package for all new Expanda's ordered during July,Jayco Bed end Covers & ESC

Just received an email from Jayco.... Here's a copy of their offer.
Be interesting to see the difference in prices between "local" and "RRP"???????

half_banner%20(2).jpg

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yep, got that email also, the bed ends were pictured with sail track and from memory they were just under $800 for both!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Been in a couple of good rain storms but we didn't get wet, bottom of ours is that vinyl/canvas stuff and the privacy screen seemed to deflect the rain. Price of these things seems a bit exxy to me, if I need something I might knock up an inner screen of raincoat material to fit with the shade cloth stuff. They do look good though.

Moore Family

Jun 18, 2014
SE Queensland
I'm due to collect my expanda tomorrow morning. I also got the bed end cover promo email. So last night I sent a email to the dealer and this is a copy of the response I received.

"Hi Julian ,
In relation to the bed covers , Jayco do not have any in stock for dealers at the moment , at this stage they are only available on orders from the factory . I have investigated the chance to get these ordered up and have been informed that dealers will considered once the orders in the system have been processed . Looking forward to tomorrow ."

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We are having our fitted by CaravanLand WA in mid August. They are $776. - 10% plus approx $200 for fitting. They are a sail track. You can still use privacy screens as well as the sil track doesn't interfer with existing studs.
So looking good!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Did they say if they had any in stock yet @Jennymay ?
I'm heading down that way tomorrow and might pop in again and have a look if they do.

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Did they say if they had any in stock yet @Jennymay ?
I'm heading down that way tomorrow and might pop in again and have a look if they do.

Dagree

I rang Caravanland today and these bed ends haven't left Melbourne yet and they don't know when they will. The girl was a bit exasperated actually as she is getting so many calls on these things she is on the phone answering queries half of the day with the standard " sorry, but I haven't a clue when we will get them" and " no, I don't know how they fit and nor does anyone else until they come in" as well as the obligatory "give us a call in a few weeks".

I felt a little sorry for her, but had to roll the eyes a bit because with so many calls and so many potential customers wanting to make a purchase at over $400 a pop this has to be an easy sell if someone would get off their loathsome spotty behinds and get hold of the bloody marketing department and obtain the sodding information. They obviously don't have a departmental sales budget , or if they have then they have done their numbers for the month, failing that are not on a sales bonus, or more likely couldn't give a rat's proverbial about customer service, or even making it easier on themselves by having instant answers that would produce perhaps instant sales with the added bonus of sounding knowledgeable and feeling good about the job they have just done. If nothing else, once the information is out there, the bush telegraph does the rest and people stop asking what must seem bloody dumb questions after the 1000th time of answering.

Maybe I am old fashioned or just plain practical in outlook, but if it was me getting bothered every five minutes with the same question, I would beat this up the tree with the biggest stick in the armoury and would have a variety of pineapples at the ready, in assorted sizes ranging from " Ooh that smarts a bit" to " get that bloody thing away from me" for anyone at head office that was body swerving these simple questions. It is an old saying, but this is neither rocket science nor brain surgery.

Rant over. I need a beer(s).

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Well said and deserved beer/s as well @alan frost :very_drunk:

I have called in there twice over the past three weeks since finding out about the covers coming on the market and both times the two sales reps? looked at each other as if to say "WTF do I tell him because we have no friggin' clue!!"

Totally agree with what you say about getting off their rear ends and at least getting some damn correct information..... Rather than just looking up a code on the silly screen and responding with "Not even picked for delivery" or similar!!!!! :baby:

Due to the fact that they cannot give details (Read as.... "Got no idea what's going on"), cannot confirm when, or if, they will get any and as @Moore Family said... "Jayco do not have any in stock for dealers at the moment" I am thinking of doing the same as @Chookster did and go and spend my $'s with a local and get ours custom made. Maybe with the current issue of solid annex walls and gas appliances might be able to negotiate a good price and no need to wait a while to get them made :D

Also heading for the fridge before I say too much else :tape:

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Well I can't wait to get mine - it hasn't stopped bloody raining here at Mission Beach ugh!

Our temporary fix is cutting up black garbage bags into long strips and placing these between the canvas and the mattress - it actually works quite well! Looking forward to having proper bed end covers though - then everything will stay nice and dry :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Well I can't wait to get mine - it hasn't stopped bloody raining here at Mission Beach ugh!

Our temporary fix is cutting up black garbage bags into long strips and placing these between the canvas and the mattress - it actually works quite well! Looking forward to having proper bed end covers though - then everything will stay nice and dry :)

Others have used pool noodles between mattress and canvas. Maybe try that?

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
When I rang CaravanLand the second time I spoke to Shane the manager. He told me how they where fitted, approx cost of fitting and to contact service department to book van it. He seemed to know all about them.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
My local Jayco dealer here says they are made out of canvas, and "they think" the covers attach via a sail track..
and ive been told they have to come off when u pack up they carnt stay on like the screens they can be a pain to go on and off I think 450 each I was qouted

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I'll be watching and waiting to see if they eventually get over here to WA (Wait Awhile) and then call in and have a look at them unless I get of my proverbial and get some made in the meantime!!

Reactions: Nagga's

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Update for any interested "Sandgropers"...
Called into Caravanland to look at a couple of things and see if they had any removable carpet mats for the door step like we had in our previous van..... Not in stock but can get one in.... at $125 for a little bit of carpet with a Jayco label "I think NOT"!!!!

Asked about the bed end covers while there and was told they left the factory yesterday (11th July) so should be here by end of next week/early the week after. So looks like @meandher (a frost) and @Jennymay should be getting the call soon saying they are in.

Asked again for a price and they said they "should" be around the RRP of $776 for a pair. Spoke to SWMBO and she has agreed to have a look when they come in and said if the colour is close to the annex walls to go for it. Have called around and best price we have received so far (With same options in regard to windows/screens/clears so far is $990 supply only).

One more week and we will finally know which way we are going!!!!!

Reactions: Nagga's and skippy