My NEw Tow Vehcle

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Are you excited much Mick? :rockon:

Not so much excited, but anxious. I should have had the BT a week ago.

But yes, excited too. Just not going away this weekend like planned. Will go to Bowral next weekend instead.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, here it is, after 6 weeks

WP_000052.jpg

WP_000053.jpg

Still missing some bits, but that will be sorted soon.

Wonderful to drive, average 7.5l/100 on the open road, combined 10l/100 at the moment. Very Happy

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Great stuff Mick, looks great in that colour. Those rims looks great too, i wonder who gave you that great idea :noidea: :tongue:

I like your location choice for a test drive too, Mt Panorama:biggrin:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
That looks awesome, well done Mick!

No Bullbar yet????? was the colour right?

Very happy with my choice, the bull bar has not offically been released. When it comes in it will be colour matched as best as possible with powder coating.

Great stuff Mick, looks great in that colour. Those rims looks great too, i wonder who gave you that great idea :noidea: :tongue:

I like your location choice for a test drive too, Mt Panorama:biggrin:

You picked it, Mt Panorama, an unreal test for the beast, AKA, Bruce. He handled himself very well around the track.

Yeah thanks for the hint oin the wheels, The rims were a great idea, I went 16" instead of 17" rims, which Mazda supply.
The team at Bob Jane here in Orange are great, they traded in the old wheels and swapped over with Yokahama GO12, and rims for $1500, for five tyres and wheels.

Hoping to get down to Wollongong next weekend for a good drive, might catch up with you then.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Yeah thanks for the hint oin the wheels, The rims were a great idea, I went 16" instead of 17" rims, which Mazda supply.
The team at Bob Jane here in Orange are great, they traded in the old wheels and swapped over with Yokahama GO12, and rims for $1500, for five tyres and wheels.

Hoping to get down to Wollongong next weekend for a good drive, might catch up with you then.

No worries mate, great idea on the 16's, much cheaper and easier to get tyres to suit. Thats a great deal you got! Hope to see you next weekend:biggrin:

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
So Mick! What's the verdict? Was it worth the wait? :first:

I had been hoping to see a big report on the BT :boink:

We're off to Soldiers Point tomorrow for a week or so, then Coffs Harbour, then the inlaws :wacko: and leaving the van with them and spending a couple of nights on the Gold Coast so the kiddies can have a crack at Sea & Movie World's. Should be a good test for the Ranger. I will set up a trip report and upload some fuel stats as well!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, all I can say is I AM VERY HAPPY. averaged fuel consumption of 9l/100.

Great drivers comfort, smooth acceleration and great power for overtaking.

I will give z more detailed report later. Currently working off a tablet at the inlaws house.

Will be catching up with Moto Moto in the morning to compare vehicles and meet in person.

In short, it was worth the wait.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, 2000km's in a week. I think that is pretty good.

Love the car. Kids like it too. Driving it through the BLue Mountains today was a pleasure, maybe should have gone for the auto-go-magic, but am happy with the manual.

Looking forward to sorting out some more mods now, once the bar goes on I will look at suspension.

Moto, I would go the ARB canopy, they seem to be a better finish than mine.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
It was great to meet you last weekend Mick, and great to talk all things BT and Expanda. I normally drive my wife crazy doing that. That BT is a great looking beast in the flesh, i love the colour too. Any news on the bar yet?

Its funny we both went down the same path from Patrol to BT at the same time, so it was nice to go through it all with someone in the same boat as me. Thanks Mate:first:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
It was great to meet you last weekend Mick, and great to talk all things BT and Expanda. I normally drive my wife crazy doing that. That BT is a great looking beast in the flesh, i love the colour too. Any news on the bar yet?

Its funny we both went down the same path from Patrol to BT at the same time, so it was nice to go through it all with someone in the same boat as me. Thanks Mate:first:

Not a problem, THe bar has been held up for another three/four weeks, delays in manufacturing?????????????????????

As sson as I get it I will post up some pickies.

That camping spot I was talking about in the Blue Mountains is great, but would not be able to get the pandas all the way down the bottom. :-(

There were some spots higher up that would suit.

INGAR- Wentworth Falls

About Ingar:

This camping site is set amongst scribbly gums and a small dam and creek.

Information:

Pit toilets available.
Please bring your own drinking water and a fuel stove.
Please take your rubbish home with you.

Directions:

At the top of Boddington Hill in Wentworth Falls, turn off the Great Western Highway into Tableland Road. Take a left turn into Queen Elizabeth Drive and follow this unsealed road for approximately 11 km. If it has been raining, some steep sections may be slippery.