My NEw Tow Vehcle

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks Mick, thats a good shot of it outside, it gives real perspective of the bar and how well it fits :thumb:

I am really happy with it, the colour powder coating blends in well, it has both light and darker greys in it so it blends in the front grill and body work.
Ths winch is mounted on a plate which is bolted onto the chasis, then the bar is bolted on to that mounting point, a strange way of doing it, but I think it is better as the winch is pulling on the chasis, not the bar. Time will tell.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Some more phot's, now that it is day time.

BT-50 TJM T13 Bar.jpg Close up front BT-50 TJM bar.jpg

TJM bar bt-50.2.jpg TJM Bar BT-50.jpg

TJM T13 Bar BT-50.jpg

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Nice one Mick! Checked my mates BT50's OEM bar this afternoon and it's not a patch on yours. Really looks added-on rather than integrated. Didn't have the heart to upset him by showing your pics.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Nice one Mick! Checked my mates BT50's OEM bar this afternoon and it's not a patch on yours. Really looks added-on rather than integrated. Didn't have the heart to upset him by showing your pics.

A little while ago I was tempted to go the Arb bar, I am glad I didn't.

There is nothing like showing off a bar that is built to fit the vehicle, not trying to make it fit.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
So I guess your excited :becky:

Looks awesome mate, its good to see another bar on a BT.

Did it drop the front much with the bar and winch? Also do you happen to know what the bar weighs?

CD, the bar weight is 90kg, one of the heavier ones fro, what I've been told.

Looks like the suspension mod will be done sooner than later.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks Mick, it does sound like a suspension change maybe requiered.

I have heard good reports about the Tough Dogs in BT's, or does TJM do a kit?

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks Mick, it does sound like a suspension change maybe requiered.

I have heard good reports about the Tough Dogs in BT's, or does TJM do a kit?

Tough Dog will be the lift that I will get. Sax suspension was an option, they use TJM shocks.

The TD kit works better for me and is a better price than the Sax.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Tough Dog will be the lift that I will get. Sax suspension was an option, they use TJM shocks.

The TD kit works better for me and is a better price than the Sax.

Looks great with the new bar Mick! I have been off the airwaves for a while now (in Tassie), and catching up on what i can. Just before i left for Tassie i got the ARB canopy on and was about 20mm off riding on my bump stops in the rear. At the last minute before departure i got the Tough Dog kit installed, looks awesome! Its a meduim duty kity with foam cells, and to be honest when not towing its a little stiff for my liking. A couple of 20L jerry's in the back seems to work though. Will post some pics in my BT thread.

I think we need to meet up again, but this time for a 4wd mate, now you have a winch you can get me unstuck:thumb:

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Hey Mick, great looking rig mate. The TJM bar looks a great deal better than the ARB one, and is the bar I will be fitting to ours, also considering the Tough Dogs.
What brand underbody protection plates did you put on, the TJM ones?

Cheers
Shane

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, BRUCE will be getting some surgery done soon.

We ordered him a set of height enhancing implants, hopefully he will appreciate it.
This should happen sometime in the middle of January.

On another note, Bruce got some toys for Christmas, a TJM hiLift jack, rhino jack holder, Rhino shovel holder, Rhino spare tyre holder and a Rhino Jerry Can Holder. He sure is spoilt.
WP_000072.jpgWP_000073.jpg

Oh, and one with the forum sticker
WP_000074.jpg