My NEw Tow Vehcle

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks Kris, the photo's will come in about two weeks time when I pick her up.

Will take some before and after pictures. so you can see what she was to the beast that she will become.

Reactions: NissPat

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
Congrats on the new bt 50 mick, my uncle just picked his up last week.

I've been looking for the past 2 weeks and It got down to the ford ranger or navara stx 550, Pritty sure I'll go down the track of the navara stx 550 feels like it should have enough to tow the expanda. Tough descision though. Roadtested amorok,ranger,colorado,navara manuals and autos, descision time.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Congrats on the new bt 50 mick, my uncle just picked his up last week.

I've been looking for the past 2 weeks and It got down to the ford ranger or navara stx 550, Pritty sure I'll go down the track of the navara stx 550 feels like it should have enough to tow the expanda. Tough descision though. Roadtested amorok,ranger,colorado,navara manuals and autos, descision time.

G'day AAJB, I read a report somewhere recently about the STX Navara, saying it was a good truck, but expensive for what it was.

This one here says something similiar, wasn't the one I was looking for though.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hey Mick,

I took the Ranger in this morning to get the bullbar put on and sadly it has been painted the wrong colour..... I hope you have better luck with yours than I have had with mine.

BG

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
New tyres went on and they look great. Window tint being done sometime in the next few days, then the canopy and electrics plus snorkel. Bar has not arrived yet, not available to mid July. So will drive the car without the bar for a few weeks.

Will post some pictures soon.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hey Mick,

I took the Ranger in this morning to get the bullbar put on and sadly it has been painted the wrong colour..... I hope you have better luck with yours than I have had with mine.

BG

Are you getting it redone?

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Yeah, they were good about it. ARB are getting it resprayed locally otherwise its another 6-8 week wait.

So dissapointing, anyway no doubt it will be sorted.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Some before shots

WP_000042.jpgWP_000043.jpgWP_000044.jpg

Here is a link for the tyres that I have had fitted, and a link for the wheels.

They look great on the BT-50.

Some after photos coming next week.

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
Good choice Mick

We have had our new BT50 for 3 weeks now & towed for the first time on the weekend. No problems, used the sports gear box like a manual & towed like a breeze.
Was very happy with the 11.2/100km
Got the ARB canopy going on in a week , then start to fit out.
Trying to find a way how to put the second battery under the hood, as I'm not keen on having it in the back,

"Smooth Driving"

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Good choice Mick

We have had our new BT50 for 3 weeks now & towed for the first time on the weekend. No problems, used the sports gear box like a manual & towed like a breeze.
Was very happy with the 11.2/100km
Got the ARB canopy going on in a week , then start to fit out.
Trying to find a way how to put the second battery under the hood, as I'm not keen on having it in the back,

"Smooth Driving"
I'm so looking forward to picking up the BT50 and taking it for its first trip.

Apparently there are no available aftermarket kits for batteries. This is the reason for going the gel battery and placing it in the tub area, though mine should go towards the back of the tub.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey Mick picked up my new BT yesterday. Its pretty awesome! :first:

I asked them for any info they had on wiring as i have heard nightmare stories about the new BT and Ranger if things are not wired correctly. They gave me a information sheet about how to wire the brake controller and there own workshop guide to installing their own genuine dual battery system. Pretty handy to double check things are done correctly when i get mine done.

I will post some pics of mine in my own thread soon.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hey Mick picked up my new BT yesterday. Its pretty awesome! :first:

I asked them for any info they had on wiring as i have heard nightmare stories about the new BT and Ranger if things are not wired correctly. They gave me a information sheet about how to wire the brake controller and there own workshop guide to installing their own genuine dual battery system. Pretty handy to double check things are done correctly when i get mine done.

I will post some pics of mine in my own thread soon.

That's great news, I've heard that too about the wiring, which is why I am getting the OL blokes to install everything.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
A couple of pictures of the BT50 with the new rims and tyres
Still need to wait another week and a half to two weeks for the canopyt to arrive :-(
Not real happy about that, but the dealer is happy to wait.

WP_000045.jpgWP_000046.jpg

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
The window tint is on and the beast is at Opposite Lock getting kitted out over the weekend. Hopefully all of the gear has arrived and I will be able to pick it up next week.

Had some extra money left in the budget, so I opted to get the under body protection installed as well. So all up the beast will be fitted out with a sump guard, transfer case guard, gearbox guard and front under body guard.

Fingers crossed I will also have the bull bar here next week, but it all depends on which strings my supplier was able to pull with tjm.

Will post some pictures after pickup.