My NEw Tow Vehcle

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
My New Tow Vehicle

Well, after about two months of contemplating which vehicle to go for I have finally decided:

2011, Tintanium Grey, BT-50.

Base Model TX with the following kit:
Premier Canopy,
T13 Steel Outback Bar, possibly OL Bar
TJM OX Winch 9500 with Synthetic Rope,
Redarc Brake Controller,
Brake Monitor RM600,
Fitting - Driving Lights,
Fitting - Essential Energy Rotronics split charge Isolator Includes Battery Terminals,Hella Metal 12v Sockets (two outlets in the tub), 1 BARMH10 Rotronics - MH10 Charge Isolator,
Steel Battery Box,
First start 100 a/h gel batter,
Snorkle,
Turbo Timer,
Tow Bar (haymen Reese),
tub liner.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well done Mick, nice list of extras too!!

Whats happening with the Patrol?

I'm not real impressed with the patrol, fuel consumption was too high and not enough room inside, Yes I knw everyone thinks they are a big car, but in reality they just don't have the room inside.

So the Troll is going to be traded in.

Three weeks, the car is in the yard and I could have taken it tomorrow, but I want all the goodies fitted before I drive it away.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
3 weeks thats good, I hear you on economy as thats one reason we bought the Pajero plus my wife was due for an upgrade so it was a win win.

Dont forget :photo: when it comes :tea:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
3 weeks thats good, I hear you on economy as thats one reason we bought the Pajero plus my wife was due for an upgrade so it was a win win.

Dont forget :photo: when it comes :tea:

Not a problem, the car will be a show car for the Local TJM/OL dealers facebook page.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats mate!

Might be going down the same path soon.......................watch this space.

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
Good choice there Mick, lot of people saying but ugly etc etc but I like them and they grow on you. Best thing is the torque of idle, pulling my 2 tonne boat out of the ramp is unreal. Here is a couple of pics of mine with the gear on it to help you get thru the 3 weeks. b.JPGbt 50 .JPGbt50.JPG.

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
The only thing that has peed me of was the car had 153km's when I picked it up, the initial break in period for the brakes and clutch is 150 km's and would have preferred myself to brake it in and not the local mazda apprentice driving it to have the tray etc fitted (or that was what mazda told me anyway).

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Found some photos of the Bar that my local 4x4 store is going to try and get for me, they have not yet been released, but I'm hoping he can get his hands on one.

TJM_2.jpgTJM_3.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I like that bar Mick, hopefully you get that one! I went the ARB as i could get it in my order through the dealer.

And yes its all your fault, and Cruza's, and Bigg Gee and pretty much everyone on this forum for getting new toys in the last few months..............keeping up with the Jones.................;)

Here is a sample of what mine will look like, XTR Auto 4x4, same gun metal blue, plus ARB bullbar, snorkel and many other thing i really shouldn't have ordered:nono:

19-31-385.jpg

Will start another thread about it once i have it.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I just ordered the new wheels for the BT-50, same as the ones from Mazda, only a dam bit cheaper, traded in the factory tyres and get 5 new Yokaham G10 with Jackal CSA rims for a change over of just less than $1500.

All up that is $1200 cheaper than the dealers offer.