LEDs

dmaughan

Sep 26, 2011
Frankston, Victoria
The flat ones install really easy and have plenty of room to fit.
P1050232.JPG
Shown is a 36 LED panel and you could fit an even larger one if you wanted, but I find the 36 panel puts out plenty of light.
As there is no real reflector at the back of the light fittings I think the globes you listed would waste a lot of light to the back of the fitting.

Reactions: Coastrunner

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
As there is no real reflector at the back of the light fittings I think the globes you listed would waste a lot of light to the back of the fitting.

I fitted the round ones and they are not as bright as the flat ones, probably for the above reasons. I will be purchasing some flat type soon all round, thanks Boots.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I bought a couple of the round ones to use in the light that is fitted to the handle next to the door.
That doesn't need to be too bright, more as a van locator for those late night staggers home......hehe.

I also found with the standard globe that the fitting was quite warm, so a change to the LED removed that issue too..

Cheers,
Matty

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Thanks Boots.

I`ve been having a good look on ebay and have spotted leds with the T10 fittings you mention. I like the look of these ones because they`re the same shape as the globes I need to remove. What do you think?

Yes those would work ok but like Shadow says the flat ones get all your light in the right direction. The flat ones really are very easy to fit, they have double sided tape which at this time is still sticking ok for me. So you don.t need to modify anything... just remove the old bulb... stick on the led panel and plug it in.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
I bought a couple of the round ones to use in the light that is fitted to the handle next to the door.
That doesn't need to be too bright, more as a van locator for those late night staggers home......hehe.

Yeah Matty that would be a good place for those type of bulbs. Hey chartrock I have a 36 flat sitting loose in that spot, want to swap one of your round ones :)

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well thanks to you guys I`m now on my way to having LEDs throughout the van.

I`ve ordered the 36 flat LEDs for the 2 main double lights, 12 flat LEDs for the two bed lights, one Mr11 24LED for the rangehood.

I didn`t worry about ordering LEDs for the outside light. Going on Boots`s calculations 2 x 48LEDs [270ma each] will draw a charge of 540Mamps. The current outside light draws 830mamps. {Only one third of 1 amp difference per hour}.

I didn`t worry about the light above the sink as I think its an LED light anyway.

Looking forward to installing them all.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I didn`t worry about ordering LEDs for the outside light. Going on Boots`s calculations 2 x 48LEDs [270ma each] will draw a charge of 540Mamps. The current outside light draws 830mamps. {Only one third of 1 amp difference per hour}.

Oh man, the outside light was the best change of all, its so much brighter now, it lights up the whole area. Everybody else we go with is jealous when we turn it on.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
If you look at the last picture above you can see there are two small screws that hold the g10 bulb mount in place. I removed the mount all together and cut the wires so i could solder the two 48 led panels in parallel . Not quite as simple as the other lights but still not too difficult.

Hi Boots. I copied the above statement from another thread of yours. Can you tell me when you solder in parell, is that when you solder both negatives together and both positives together also?

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Although the wires coming out of my external light were blue and brown, little bit of trial and error involved to work out pos. and neg. but same principle applies.

Hey matty
the red and black i was referring to are the leads that are connected to the 36 led panels. :) But yes you are right jayco don't follow the standard automotive conventions for their wire colour coding. So do check with a test light or meter.