LEDs

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey nice job @maccayak, USB outlets is on my list too but the output needs to be good enough for iPads. Do you know the output of your socket and where you bought from?
Cheers.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Thanks mate, surely there's something around that can charge at least 2 iPads at a time!
I haven't seen any as I was hoping for the same. Not sure but might end up because they may draw more than the standard 10amps for two? I have never checked but wouldn't think that that would be the reason surely. Might have to check it out when I get home as ours measures through the drifter so will see easily.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I haven't seen any as I was hoping for the same. Not sure but might end up because they may draw more than the standard 10amps for two? I have never checked but wouldn't think that that would be the reason surely. Might have to check it out when I get home as ours measures through the drifter so will see easily.
Ok, I'll check it with the BM-1 too!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey nice job @maccayak, USB outlets is on my list too but the output needs to be good enough for iPads. Do you know the output of your socket and where you bought from?
Cheers.
Hi @Burnsy,
They are Narva, needed them in a hurry and found them at autobarn. They do 1 iPad or 2 iPhones. This trip they have worked fine and 1 week we had no coverage. It was great so kids off their gadgets and playing games. We took other chargers as well. I will probably put some other USB chargers in later.

Reactions: Burnsy

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Wow this old thread still kicking along :) Hey @maccayak I like the led strip setup. Glad to hear the reflected light is nice and bright, any idea how much current the strip draws...... might be tempted to do that as well.
Hi @ boots33. Not sure on current draw. It couldn't be much because the pre soldered wires on the strip are tiny. I got it on eBay from China a year ago. The backing tape on it was ordinary, that's why I didn't want to trust gravity.

Reactions: boots33

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
When I connected mine I used the same circuit as the booster box for the antenna. I reacon signal decreases when charging multiple accessories.