2014 Expanda OB 17.56.....

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
@TRAKADU Nice mods there like the gas detector.
Just a quick note on your brake lines as they look to be a bit short from the pics well one anyway.
Also worth noting is maybe best to keep away from the springs. Imagine the air pressure pushing those lines back at 80-100kmh and then the travel of a few dips in the road on those springs. If they grab a line they may rip out. You would've noticed probably right side of trailer the brake lines had a bit of a loop in the cable up in the channel cable tied . I undid this and gave myself a little more line. Then cable tied them down to the suspension arms.

But looking really good

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Love your work @TRAKADU... do you reckon Jayco has shares in a zip tie company somewhere? Deliberately leave things half done and let us cover everything with foam, pipe and zip ties!

Inspired me to do the same I think, really nice work.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Good work on the pipe insulation my first set of drain outlet pipes are somewhere along the Oodnadatta track :)

I have covered mine in foam and its worked ever since. One of my first mods was extend the mudflaps but that didnt help.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Love your work @TRAKADU... do you reckon Jayco has shares in a zip tie company somewhere? Deliberately leave things half done and let us cover everything with foam, pipe and zip ties!

Inspired me to do the same I think, really nice work.

haha :Dthat's true I think I went through few packets of cable ties already.!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Insulatiing my plumbing is on my to do list not so much to stop rocks but to stop the water freezing on those winter nights at places like Warialda. I thought about fitting my inverter but then realized I didn't really need it as all the toys will charge up off USB or 12v, saved another job.

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
HAHAHAH to funny I thought the same thing !!!! And im not even half done yet :)

2014-08-11 15.53.11.jpg

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Just when I thought I was all "Modded Out"... Looks like it's out to the rear shed next weekend and get the corrugated conduit and cable ties out :o

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
After reading Galvo's spill on what happened to brake liners, I thought it is a good idea to protect them now (better to be safe than sorry)...
While I was under the Van I thought I might insulate the drain pipes at the same time. Hopefully, it'll do the job (remains to be seen)...
did u get the foam at clark rubber or bunnings

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I bought them from trusty Clarky mate :adoration:. They sell them in different sizes and I used 32mm and 25mm for the pipes underneath.
I saw them today in a plumbing shop its a top idea to cover as many pipes as u can ive got plenty of slack for my brake cables just have to cut there cable ties and refit once cable is protected I will be under there soon top stuff trakadu

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
It was nice weather on Saturday, so I thought I'd tackle the bed ends as we may be going away next week.... yippee :clap2: !!!

The cost of the bed ends was $200. Whilst they are not as good looking as Jayco ones I was pretty happy with the job. I used Marine grade materials which I bought from Clark Rubber. Pretty hardy materials and importantly it is water-proof..

Here are some pictures of them.....

Attachments

• Before - bedends.JPG
    Before - bedends.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Front End.JPG
    Front End.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 415
  • Read End finished.JPG
    Read End finished.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Rear End2 finished.JPG
    Rear End2 finished.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Rear End3 finished.JPG
    Rear End3 finished.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 413

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
This bin I bought from IKEA was a ripper!! Fraction of the price of the Croc Bin and it is fully covered too. Croc Bin does not cover the bottom of the bag. Last time when we were camping, I remember the possums were all over our bin bag which we accidentally left outside. Those buggers made an absolute mess....

Made two holes and hooked it up with the suction caps I bought from Carac..

Attachments

• Bin1.JPG
    Bin1.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 468
  • Bin 2.JPG
    Bin 2.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 466
  • bin 3.JPG
    bin 3.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 470

MARIO DRECHSLER

May 5, 2014
.....AND then the Mods have started... first thing I did was to install the rear view camera (bought it from Safety Dave). Was extremely happy with the product. It was easy to install and ran the cable through the van. Sorry I forgot to take pics. Will post some later.

Second Mod:- installing little gadgets inside like, Spice rack, Shampoo holder, some hooks in he shower, Magazine Rack, install LED lights in the cupboards. My Misus organised the Kitchen and its drawers.
Hollow ! love your mods ! i've just picked mine up and doing things as well ! can i ask where you got the Fridge light from ?

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hollow ! love your mods ! i've just picked mine up and doing things as well ! can i ask where you got the Fridge light from ?

Hi Mario,

Apologies for the late reply. Been away overseas for a month and just got back. I'd say you would have already bought the fridge light by now. Anyway, I bought mine from Bunnings.

cheers TRAKADU

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi all, I just tackled a well overdue mod - hooking the spare wheel somewhere under the van. Due to space restrain, I could only fit this under the van but more towards the front of the van. (third water tank in the way at rear). It was a tricky place to put one but I was very happy with the results. I didn't want to weld to the Chassis bars so I had to design one that can hold it with U bolts. It is pretty solid and the top bar stops any sway.....

Attachments

• one.JPG
    one.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 385
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 358