2014 Expanda OB 17.56.....

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I have recently setup an external water filter system for the Panda (something I wanted to do for a long time). It came in handy on our last trip to Corryong (Colac Colac Caravan Park). The park was using bore water and it was kind of murky. The filter did an extremely good job….
View attachment 38182
Looks good i use B.E.S.T water filter ive heard some filters need refrigeration when not in use to stop water going off have you heard that ???

Dave & Ros

Feb 28, 2015
Lithgow nsw
Hooked up to my Jeep. Towing was very easy with the 3.0L Diesel engine. So far I liked the Redarc Tow-Pro brake controller. It was very easy to calibrate as it was done automatically by itself. Just needed to adjust the brake sensitivity from the knob installed on the Dashboard.
Where abouts did you have the brake controller mounted

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Great read trakadu,any picture of your third water tank and plumbing

Hi James, The third tank is mounted next to the second tank towards the back of the van. The plumbing of the third and the second tanks are linked together so when I fill the second tank it takes bit longer. The level readings are also linked together. I will take some photos on the weekend for you.

Reactions: james saunders
Oct 14, 2014
Hi James, The third tank is mounted next to the second tank towards the back of the van. The plumbing of the third and the second tanks are linked together so when I fill the second tank it takes bit longer. The level readings are also linked together. I will take some photos on the weekend for you.
Thanks heaps trakadu

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Pics of our latest outings to Alexandra (stayed at Twin River Caravan Park) in January:-

This was my backyard.
1.JPG

Snobs Creek Falls: (half hour drive from the CP)

3.JPG

4.JPG

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Before the Melbourne weather turned sour we did day trip to Blue Pool which is about 2.5 hour drive from our place. A few friends have recommended this place but I thought i would check it out myself. There are number of camping spots along the Freestone Creek and IMO pick of the bunch is Quarries camping ground. There are plenty of shady spots to choose from and along with flushing toilets make it an ideal camping spot. Sorry I don't have a photo of the campground itself but here are some photos of the surrounding area.

Freestone Creek:-
1.JPG

2.JPG

The Blue Pool:-
3.JPG

The view from Quarries Campground:-
4.JPG

Panoramic view of the Blue Pool:
5.JPG

Mar 5, 2017
Karrratha
G'day Trakadu,

We have just upgraded our Jayco Eagle to a 17ft O/B expanda which we are doing a trip around oz in July this year. All your mods look awesome and i was wondering if you ever had your van weighed and if so how much did it weigh.

Cheers