2014 Expanda OB 17.56.....

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Wow.... Serious mod envy. That's one very nice set up. I like the ladder set ups and hooks. Do you plan on accessing it from the tunnel or from the hatches above?

We've got the spice/towel racks as something to do, along with the lights in the cupboard (which are tracking their way from Hong Kong I think... ).

So where's the first trip mate?

Hi @Smergen, The ladder can be accessed from the hatched above or from the side opening.
As for the first trip mate...I am waiting for the weather to be bit nicer to launch. At least it gives me a bit of time to do what I want to do with the van... it will be a short one first to try out everything in the van. Jayco is well known to make things perfect (if you get my drift) ;)

Reactions: Smergen

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
hi @TRAKADU . Love the mods you've done. Just out of interest, how much weight did the box add to the tow ball weight? Id be interested as Im looking at a very similar box setup. Black looks awesome in keeping with the colour scheme.

Hi @Cheyne78, Thanks. Given the toolbox was made out of Aluminium, it was surprisingly very light. Me and my Misus lifted it from the trailer to the draw bar. I think it would not be more than 15KG... (give or take)...

Cheers TRAKADU

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Hi @Racer, I initially requested from the factory however, they came back and said the layout does not support a third tank (biggest porkie pie). I knew there was enough room toward the back of the van. Anyway, I was pretty stern with the dealer and then they have agreed to install at their workshop before the delivery. So it was a good outcome...
TRAKADU

Ok thanks for that. Have you found a need for the 3rd tank or has it been piece of mind?

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
.....AND then the Mods have started... first thing I did was to install the rear view camera (bought it from Safety Dave). Was extremely happy with the product. It was easy to install and ran the cable through the van. Sorry I forgot to take pics. Will post some later.

Second Mod:- installing little gadgets inside like, Spice rack, Shampoo holder, some hooks in he shower, Magazine Rack, install LED lights in the cupboards. My Misus organised the Kitchen and its drawers.

Do you mind me asking where you got the spice rack from? It looks like it holds a decent size cannister.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I really liked your mod for the shower nozzle and spice rack, the whole rig looks great. I have seen the spice rack and cannisters in K Mart so might go shopping there tomorrow. More mods to do great stuff.

Reactions: michelle menzel

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
hey @TRAKADU did you put the stone guard back on? Nice toolbox.. might use a few of your ideas :)

Hi @davemc, There is no copyrights on my work :acne:... happy to share ideas.
I tried to put the stone guard back on but given my draw bar is the standard length, it will be in the way during tight turns and corners.. I will have to modify the tilt or the angle on the stone guard to be more upright.
cheers TRAKADU

Reactions: skippy

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I tried to put the stone guard back on but given my draw bar is the standard length, it will be in the way during tight turns and corners.. I will have to modify the tilt or the angle on the stone guard to be more upright.
cheers TRAKADU
Careful it`s not too upright or it will bounce stones back into the Jeep, another option would be to sell it and get your money back and get a StoneStomper that goes under it?

Reactions: Bluey and Smergen

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
cheers TRAKADU
thanks well I want to put a toolbox although we brought the stone guard on pickup.. so have to think now what to do..

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Careful it`s not too upright or it will bounce stones back into the Jeep, another option would be to sell it and get your money back and get a StoneStomper that goes under it?

Thanks for Tip 17ttiton. I will take that on board when adjusting the stone guard. cheers TRAKADU

Reactions: 17triton

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
I got some nice cannisters and i reckon they're similar size to the ones you have. Didn't have any luck finding a spice rack so i rang our jayco dealer and he said theres 3 different ones in the book. If you're out in your van could l pretty please have the measurements of the basket size of your racks? Then i'll order it from jayco:). My husband thinks l should stop looking at everyones photos on this forum! lol

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
I got some nice cannisters and i reckon they're similar size to the ones you have. Didn't have any luck finding a spice rack so i rang our jayco dealer and he said theres 3 different ones in the book. If you're out in your van could l pretty please have the measurements of the basket size of your racks? Then i'll order it from jayco:). My husband thinks l should stop looking at everyones photos on this forum! lol

Hi Michelle, Sorry I only saw this now. I have been busy on the weekend with the van. I will get this measurements hopefully tonight...

cheers TRAKADU

Reactions: michelle menzel

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi guys,

Have been a busy again... doing some fun stuff in the van.... Keep me out of trouble. :)...

Added a chain a to secure the Jerry cans as the Toolbox only came with a strap which a 5 year old can undo...

Attachments

• jerry can1.JPG
    jerry can1.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 381
  • jerry can2.JPG
    jerry can2.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 364

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Place for my table which I bought when we used to do (Tent) camping. Didn't realise how big the table is as I used to chuck it in my Box Trailer. (Never cared about the size or the weight back then). I had to be careful now as I didn't want to put too much weight on the door panel. So I used some cut out floaters underneath and it worked perfect. The table now is not a burden to the panel or the bottom hinges.

Attachments

• table1.JPG
    table1.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 527
  • table2.JPG
    table2.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 474
  • table3.JPG
    table3.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 475

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
I also wanted to find a better place for the bed end poles (I think that's the name for them) as it is PITA to go outside sorting through the boot to get it.. Bought couple of hooks (from Bunnings).. and it worked a treat. Hope you guys like it too...

Attachments

• Hook1.JPG
    Hook1.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 507
  • Hook2.JPG
    Hook2.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 508
  • Hook4.JPG
    Hook4.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Also hooks to hold the boot door (inside). a simple modification....
And then an important mod... a steady place for the TV whilst on the move. I didn't want to keep the TV on the ARM as it is not safe and secure. So bought some straps and off I went.....

Attachments

• latch hook1.JPG
    latch hook1.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 502
  • PLace for TV.JPG
    PLace for TV.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 488
  • Place for TV1.JPG
    Place for TV1.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 472
  • Place for TV2.JPG
    Place for TV2.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 473

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
AND...final couple of modifications.... some dust covers to cover the vents while travelling.. (These should come off once appliance are in use particularly when the fridge using the GAS to power up). I also installed a 12V charger kit which also had USB chargers.

Jayco made provision for the second battery so I installed the second battery (120AH Full River). The inverter is also in however, ran out of time to do the wiring... next week I think... :).. I want to put a coloured GPO and a volt meter.

Some pics of the rear-view camera I installed some time ago and my toolbox which I finally got a chance to organise..... Thanks guys TRAKADU

Attachments

• dust covers.JPG
    dust covers.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 567
  • dust covers2.JPG
    dust covers2.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 12v charger.JPG
    12v charger.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 551
  • battery1.JPG
    battery1.JPG