2014 Expanda OB 17.56.....

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Next on the List:-
Install the second battery and the inverter.
Wire up the Gas Leak detector
Find a place for the spare tyre (should be fun as the third water tank in the way)...
Weather proof bed-end covers

I think my next weekend is already gone! :(

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Mods - 4:- Fixing a permanent and steady spot for the TV. Bought the Arm and Quick Release bracket from a IT accessory company located in QLD. Excellent service and reasonable price. Also installed a Towel rack for me misus.

Hi, love the way you tv is mounted. Can you tell me which it shop you got it from?

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi, love the way you tv is mounted. Can you tell me which it shop you got it from?

Thanks everyone...
@Petecaz, I have been looking around for a TV arm with a base for a while. Everywhere I looked sell the arm with no flat base so I would have to make my own. This shop is the only place I found to be selling with a metal base. This is handy if you are going to use the Jayco hole as I did to install the TV. Here is the Link.
http://debetrek.com.au/ bracket brand called C.ME - Desktop. Approx. $130 and Quick release bracket $25 I think
I, in fact called them and ordered over the phone. Ph number on their website. Hope this helps...

Cheers @TRAKADU

Reactions: Heidi at and davemc

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks everyone...
@Petecaz, I have been looking around for a TV arm with a base for a while. Everywhere I looked sell the arm with no flat base so I would have to make my own. This shop is the only place I found to be selling with a metal base. This is handy if you are going to use the Jayco hole as I did to install the TV. Here is the Link.
http://debetrek.com.au/ bracket brand called C.ME - Desktop. Approx. $130 and Quick release bracket $25 I think
I, in fact called them and ordered over the phone. Ph number on their website. Hope this helps...

Cheers @TRAKADU
Thanks.. Helps a lot. I've been looking for one of these for a while.

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Hey @TRAKADU , did you get the 3rd tank fitted by Jayco or installed yourself?

I've asked for a 3rd tank however there are mixed views from some Jayco staff and someone on here had the same issue with the decline if the 3rd tank.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Wow.... Serious mod envy. That's one very nice set up. I like the ladder set ups and hooks. Do you plan on accessing it from the tunnel or from the hatches above?

We've got the spice/towel racks as something to do, along with the lights in the cupboard (which are tracking their way from Hong Kong I think... ).

So where's the first trip mate?

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi all,
It is only 12 days to go before we pick up our new expanda....!! Signed up in March at the Caravan Show in Melbourne.. 4 month wait.. now only 12 days to go... :israel:
Below are the some of the things we got in the van:-
So the van is Expanda outback 17.56-2 with Jtech independent suspension
  • Double glazed windows
  • Truma air cond.
  • 2 x 100 amp batteries
  • 2 x 120W Solar panels (240W in total)
  • 3 x Water tanks
  • CD / Radio with external speakers
  • External shower
  • Picnic table
  • Wind up antenna
  • Privacy screens
  • Sun blockers and Side blockers
  • Off Road Trigg hitch
  • Drifter Control
  • Water filter to the sink
  • Stone guard
  • Spice rack
The below will be fitted once we take the delivery of the van....
  • Rear view camera
  • CO & Gas leak detector
  • 24’TV /DVD combo
Redarc Tow –Pro brake controller (already got fitted last week)..

Wish list to be fitted:-
  • 2 x Pole Carriers
  • Toolbox
  • 600W inverter
So cant wait to fiddle around with the van.....Will update with photos in about 2 weeks....
Cheers TRAKADU
Installation:-
nice I get mine on Saturday we nearly got the same stuff love the tool box where's the tyre got mine at the show too be interesting to see how much u payed and I payed see if theres much difference didn't think of double widows should come to beaufort lake van park a few of us are going on the 19th till the 21st of September

Cheyne78

May 30, 2014
Perth
hi @TRAKADU . Love the mods you've done. Just out of interest, how much weight did the box add to the tow ball weight? Id be interested as Im looking at a very similar box setup. Black looks awesome in keeping with the colour scheme.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Nice work mate. What did you end up doing with the spare?
Hi @roysta, the spare is currently in my garage...:) This will be my next project to find a spot for it. It would have to go between the Draw Bar and the first water tank. I think there is enough space there....
thanks TRAKADU.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hey @TRAKADU , did you get the 3rd tank fitted by Jayco or installed yourself?

I've asked for a 3rd tank however there are mixed views from some Jayco staff and someone on here had the same issue with the decline if the 3rd tank.

Hi @Racer, I initially requested from the factory however, they came back and said the layout does not support a third tank (biggest porkie pie). I knew there was enough room toward the back of the van. Anyway, I was pretty stern with the dealer and then they have agreed to install at their workshop before the delivery. So it was a good outcome...
TRAKADU