Discovery 2013 Discovery 17.55-5SH OB - BigSkiddy

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Never understood Australian's fixation with snow. Anyone that feels the need to mess with the cold wet white stuff obviously never had to stand in their wellies up to your ankles in it, in the dark waiting for a bus to school back in Blighty that you knew you wouldn't get on because everyone else had the same idea and was usually full. More than likely you had already slipped on your arse several times, your homework was in a slush puddle, your fingers had turned to ice in your gloves and the balaclava your nana knitted and your mum made you wear had turned your ears to tomatoes and fogged up your glasses.

Snow ? You can keep it!
Ohhh now you're not making it sound very fun lol what about building snow men, skiing, scarves, matching beanies and glove sets, red wine and warm fires in the snowy mountains?? Haha

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Saw a small amount of snow at Mt Kaputar (Narrabri) two weeks ago - very enjoyable - also pleased to move on to slightly warmer climes!
Son in London is over the cold - been there 5 years - wants to come home.......

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Those bloody Discos are a rare comodity, buggered if i can find one for sale, anyway we will do the corner in the panda and make a decision after that, enjoy the snow, its the only time i regret leaving home (Nowra) but thet was 42 years ago

There's one for sale on this site I'm sure.
Yes are hard to find, hence why I bought new.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
TV Mounting / Hanger

I wanted to mount our Kogan 24inch TV, but little nervous about drilling holes in cabinetry, so I came up with this.
Had the strip of aluminum in the shed. Screws into the pre existing TV mount screw holes.

20140726_165651.jpg

20140726_165951.jpg

20140726_165926.jpg

Can also hang on wardrobe door to allow viewing in bed.
1406359984950.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Bugger.. we did not go with the TV arm as I did not want to leave it at the foot of the double bed.. Now I am thinking maybe I should put it there although I would assume the van has nothing to anchor it to there now. great idea what you have done..

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
IMG_2198.jpgIMG_2200.JPG IMG_2197.jpg
There was some extra panel behind there from the factory, I put some pretty big washers behind it when I put the bolts in, I leave the tv in place when traveling, 14000 km now and still solid. (touch wood). If I had of gone for the bigger fridge it might not have been as easy to access behind it.

Reactions: davemc and achjimmy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
thanks @fishinglizard on the Starcraft it was into the wall .. Seeing our table already pulled out of the wall just driving home, I am not sure I want to have the TV hanging there. I have been putting it up on top of overhead cupboards although with the condensation we getting up there not wanting to leave it there over night. I am looking at one of those removable mounts thinking I put it two places inside and one outside.