Discovery 2013 Discovery 17.55-5SH OB - BigSkiddy

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
What bikes do you have hanging off the back of the Disco @BigSkiddy ?

Did you get much riding in while at Thredbo?

I've got a Giant Reign, son has a Giant Talon. Wife and daughter have more basic Giants.

I mainly did the ride to Thredbo via the Thredbo Valley Trail each day, about 26km return.

Rode with the family to Crackenback Resort, to the cafe for milkshakes and coffee. Great thing about Thredbo Diggings you are close to some luxuries.

Reactions: cruza driver

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Nice mate I just bought myself a 2015 Giant Talon 4 which suits my needs at the moment and so far I'm impressed with it as for value for money. I bought it more for general fitness etc.....it will keep my fitness up for the motorbike riding :)

My brother has a Giant Reign 2015. He races in the Alpine Gravity series with a couple of mates for a bit of fun that has different races in Vic. Its aimed at anyone from beginners to the more experienced.

The Reign is a very very nice bike :thumb:

Reactions: BigSkiddy

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Well have had the van for just over 12 months and have completed 12 trips.

Unfortunately 2015 looks like a quieter one. :(

Mrs Skiddy reckons the house is being neglected...what does she expect?? I think it isn't too bad considering we also own a Jeep.

Screenshot_2015-01-02-22-36-07-1.png

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
I've got a Giant Reign, son has a Giant Talon. Wife and daughter have more basic Giants.

I mainly did the ride to Thredbo via the Thredbo Valley Trail each day, about 26km return.

Rode with the family to Crackenback Resort, to the cafe for milkshakes and coffee. Great thing about Thredbo Diggings you are close to some luxuries.

On the subject of GIANT bikes. Whoops maybe for another thread............
Got myself an entry level ATX 27.5 inch.
Happy to get around with the kids on the Bargara footpaths.
image.jpg

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
It is nice down there - fish and chips from the pub (I think - haven't been there for ages) can be good - well it was last time we went! Sometimes too many other people for my liking!
Ettalong beachside pie shop does good pies (Google it) - I average one visit a week - very rarely have I been disappointed.
Just noticed @expanda got in before me! Re the pub.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Back on the road again. Spent one night at Lake Lyell (Lithgow NSW), and then onto Dubbo Big4. Travelling in convoy with a friend in his 25ft Elite van, at least he has a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
We got drive thru sites, not much room between them. Weather has been awesome, rode the bikes down to the zoo and spent the day there. (10min easy ride).
2015-04-10 22.29.58.png
20150410_164957.jpg
20150410_165013.jpg

Reactions: 17triton

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
you ne d to swap Jeeps to be colour co-ordinated lol

love to know the difference in fuel economy as well

I tried to convince him but he thinks a Summit for a Laredo is not a fair swap.

Fuel stats, mine pulling about 2000kg averaged 14.8L/100.
The Summit 18.4L/100 pulling about 3300kg.
Both CRD's doing the speed limit, although the Summit dropped back on the larger hills.

That was my first convoy trip, was alot of fun. Looking forward to when I can be a full time nomad. Hopefully caravans will exist then.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I tried to convince him but he thinks a Summit for a Laredo is not a fair swap.

Fuel stats, mine pulling about 2000kg averaged 14.8L/100.
The Summit 18.4L/100 pulling about 3300kg.
Both CRD's doing the speed limit, although the Summit dropped back on the larger hills.

That was my first convoy trip, was alot of fun. Looking forward to when I can be a full time nomad. Hopefully caravans will exist then.

I hear you, I drove to Brisbane and back in my XR6 for 8 years, it was originally a novated lease vehicle and every month i would get a statement showing my consumption, I used to fill it up every 3 days and it was a pain in the butt.

Now working from home I have no idea what consumption i get, I fill the Jeep up every now and then, on a trip I couldnt care what the consumption is either, I guess when I retire I will care though !!!!!

18LPH with 3300Kg on the back is bloody great though if youy drive like me, must tell my brother who has a 200 series lol

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I hear you, I drove to Brisbane and back in my XR6 for 8 years, it was originally a novated lease vehicle and every month i would get a statement showing my consumption, I used to fill it up every 3 days and it was a pain in the butt.

Now working from home I have no idea what consumption i get, I fill the Jeep up every now and then, on a trip I couldnt care what the consumption is either, I guess when I retire I will care though !!!!!

18LPH with 3300Kg on the back is bloody great though if youy drive like me, must tell my brother who has a 200 series lol
Hey Dave - what model XR6 did you have? I have fond memories of my EF 5 speed manual XR6 - kept it the full five years of the lease - great car for its day. My then 17 year old son loved it too!