Discovery 2013 Discovery 17.55-5SH OB - BigSkiddy

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Another memorable weekend away in the Discovery. Still so happy with this van.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/nsw-honeymoon-bay-jervis-bay.4859/

20140323_184815.jpg

Reactions: cruza driver

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
One complaint I have with the layout of the 17.55.5 is the position of the door. When it rains the ground get's wet in front of the door as it is on the edge of the awning. Only minor but just a little thing to whinge about, that you can't change. Most other vans have the door a bit further towards the centre.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Another memorable weekend away in the Discovery. Still so happy with this van.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/nsw-honeymoon-bay-jervis-bay.4859/

View attachment 21000

Nice shot, photo bombed by the passenger :)!

One complaint I have with the layout of the 17.55.5 is the position of the door. When it rains the ground get's wet in front of the door as it is on the edge of the awning. Only minor but just a little thing to whinge about, that you can't change. Most other vans have the door a bit further towards the centre.

Interesting, haven't experience this myself but will have to keep an eye on mine!

Where is the next trip planned?

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Yes, adolescent male in the back seat, that's fine he'll be remembered as the child with the tongue disability.

Heading to Berry Showground this weekend with the wife minus the kids for a romantic weekend away.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yes, adolescent male in the back seat, that's fine he'll be remembered as the child with the tongue disability.

Heading to Berry Showground this weekend with the wife minus the kids for a romantic weekend away.

Sounds good mate.

Question for you what is the closest bush camp near you?

Looking for a decent spot to take the disco close to western Sydney.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Sounds good mate.

Question for you what is the closest bush camp near you?

Looking for a decent spot to take the disco close to western Sydney.

Due to the water catchment there's bugger all close by. Obvious one is Bendella Kangaroo Valley, its not too bad but no fires allowed.
Oallen Ford is my pick, free, fires, river and GOLD!!, still a fair distance though.

Fortunately I have a private spot on the south coast. 120 acres backing onto St Georges Basin.

Reactions: barney120

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Had a great time away down at Berry Showground with my wife, minus the kids. :couple_inlove:

The front lounge of the 17.55.5 is great for stretching out and using as a day bed. As much as a new van in the future would be nice when the kids are gone, this layout will still suit us.

Reactions: cruza driver

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.

Our StarCraft has a centre door. Made no difference at Clare valley recently. The site over time had been worn down where your annex would go. Completely under the awning but it flooded every time it rained that was every day. We had 4 mats down and still had to wade thru water and mud. The parks managers knew it was a problem but had done stuff all to fix it.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Those bloody Discos are a rare comodity, buggered if i can find one for sale, anyway we will do the corner in the panda and make a decision after that, enjoy the snow, its the only time i regret leaving home (Nowra) but thet was 42 years ago

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Awesome stuff! Love the snow shots... Let us know how you get on with keeping warm.

Do you have to worry about snow building up on the awning or the roof for that matter?

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Never understood Australian's fixation with snow. Anyone that feels the need to mess with the cold wet white stuff obviously never had to stand in their wellies up to their ankles in it, in the dark waiting for a bus to school back in Blighty that you knew you wouldn't get on because everyone else had the same idea and was usually full. More than likely you had already slipped on your arse several times, your homework was in a slush puddle, your fingers had turned to ice in your gloves and the balaclava your nana knitted and your mum made you wear had turned your ears to tomatoes and fogged up your glasses.

Snow ? You can keep it!