The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
No didn't do any caves. Was too late in the day. Did a walk down to the limestone gorge to the river. That was nice.
Went home via Goulburn, that was a lot safer.

Reactions: cruza driver

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Took a drive out to Wombeyan Caves in search of some new campsites. Stopped at Wollondilly River Station, didn't look too bad. Tried talking to the caretaker...I'll just say that it's not worth dragging my van out there.
Nearly got taken out about 3 times by on coming cars, they were going too quick, on one occasion I had to chuck it into reverse as they skidded towards me.
Daughter threw up from all the bends, luckily she got the door open in time, no spew in the Jeep.
Got to Wombeyan Caves, nice quiet spot. Would only go there if with a large group of friends as there is not a lot to do.
yes, the caves is a nice spot, been there a few times with friends and vans, but you are better off going down to Goulburn and in from there. Just as quick, wider road, tar most the way and my kids don't get sick. Better all round I reckon. Barney.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
We went to Bretti Reserve the other weekend for a quick trip, Rain all weekend and got just enough time to sent the copter up for a pick. 10 min later rain again.
Bretti.jpgBretti1.jpg

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Went down to Dunsborough for the weekend. wanted to test out the new rear bumper with the spare and 2 bikes on it, as well as the new drawers - all went well! Pictures are in the My Van forum.
Very quiet and relaxing as we were the only ones in the park yet. Right on the beachfront - so we went for a few swims. Well known Cake shop down the road - it only opens on Saturday morNings and is always crowded1

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Going to Eungella Dam this weekend:
QM0109%20Camping%20area%20Eungella%20Dam%20Eungella%20%20Mackay%20Qld%20%20_DSC7257.jpg
But taking the back way through the valley (pipeline road) as the looooong range will not fair well on the cruiser:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTReUXmR3wTXobl7r9LsrwiDYLGxXlLWMWPQAYLmRs7sgIwu3mf.jpg
and its every part of 12% for 4.5 kms

upload_2014-3-12_7-58-4.png

you can see what the back way is like on this post by a avid explorer (nobody I know)
http://www.offroadexplorer.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2774

Last edited:

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Being shift worker and working this weekend,i have been busy with the bball court.
Here is concrete painted.
Made up the frame for tank coverage,will be like wall left of shed. Also made up feature wall fixings and got that up too. Managed to do front and back lawns too,all ready before warm up lap of the Aust GP.

Attachments

• BBALL COURT 16-3-14.jpg
    BBALL COURT 16-3-14.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
Reactions: 17triton

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Got the van and cars washed today. Wrapped the van back in its rug not that it needs to stay warm in this bloody heat! Actually it's depressing as it means that we aren't taking it anywhere for a while. :(

Even swmbo said it doesn't look right covered over now.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Spent the entire weekend at the Grand Prix.
Think I've only missed 2 since it came to Melb and did the last 4 in Adelaide before that.

Took my 12yo son for the first time.
He absolutely loved it, and also got to meet one of his all time hero's too:rockon:

D961AC2A-B87F-479E-A705-B9749029B3D7.jpg

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Ok well my week end is over while every one else's is about to begin. Had a busy on with mod's and repairs.
1. Seal all holes in van floor, Tar the under side of van floor.
2. Refit every thing removed for the tar job, well almost.
3. Finish off pressurisation of van
4. Whilst carrying to above mod, found shower has been leaking after being repaired which has now damaged wheel arch cover in van. So pulled shower door and frame apart, re-lacqured all timber and resealed shower frame.
5. Wired switch for fridge fans so that i can switch them off at night.

Man i think i need to go back to work for a holiday.

Reactions: Burnsy

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
We had a lot of toys turn up during the week. 270w kickass solar panel. GME TX3500s UHF and GME Antenna and our Holiday Annexes bed end canvas flys. :) Also had my spot lights correctly wired (mob did it incorrectly first time round) and dual battery wiring finished during the week. So had these to check also.

Started by setting solar panels up and figuring out how they work. Installed the bed end flys! Very happy must say. However during the install i got a piece of aluminium in my eye :( , not even during the drilling part, can't figure that out. So this put a bit of a dampener on getting the UHF installed. Went to the dr, he had to dig the aluminium out and luckily enough for me no damage was done but had to wear a patch for the rest of saturday and then sunnies all day sunday.

So Sunday, did a bit a mowing and then went and bought the little girl her first camera. :)

Attachments

• Eye.jpg
    Eye.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 197