The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
We had a lot of toys turn up during the week. 270w kickass solar panel. GME TX3500s UHF and GME Antenna and our Holiday Annexes bed end canvas flys. :) Also had my spot lights correctly wired (mob did it incorrectly first time round) and dual battery wiring finished during the week. So had these to check also.

Started by setting solar panels up and figuring out how they work. Installed the bed end flys! Very happy must say. However during the install i got a piece of aluminium in my eye :( , not even during the drilling part, can't figure that out. So this put a bit of a dampener on getting the UHF installed. Went to the dr, he had to dig the aluminium out and luckily enough for me no damage was done but had to wear a patch for the rest of saturday and then sunnies all day sunday.

So Sunday, did a bit a mowing and then went and bought the little girl her first camera. :)
Glad that there was no damage mate. Sounds like you have had a very early Xmas though!

Reactions: Antman

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
@17triton yes the eye is all good. Thanks mate
@Kenshi123 yes a few early presents. Getting reading for our next trip and also finishing fitting out the new car with what we are used to.
@davemc yes safety googles are certainly worth their weight in gold. In this case however, the drilling was done, the workplace (i.e. the expanda lid) was already blown down - we use all air tools. Then we were pop riveting the sail track in so wasn't wearing safety glasses at that time thinking all bad bits were gone. In future will just wear them. We have many pairs of safety glasses as well as full face helmets. Lesson learnt thats for sure.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
One for you @Antman, what is wrong with this picture?
image.jpg

That's right, their not wearing safety glasses!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
We had a lot of toys turn up during the week. 270w kickass solar panel. GME TX3500s UHF and GME Antenna and our Holiday Annexes bed end canvas flys. :) Also had my spot lights correctly wired (mob did it incorrectly first time round) and dual battery wiring finished during the week. So had these to check also.

Started by setting solar panels up and figuring out how they work. Installed the bed end flys! Very happy must say. However during the install i got a piece of aluminium in my eye :( , not even during the drilling part, can't figure that out. So this put a bit of a dampener on getting the UHF installed. Went to the dr, he had to dig the aluminium out and luckily enough for me no damage was done but had to wear a patch for the rest of saturday and then sunnies all day sunday.

So Sunday, did a bit a mowing and then went and bought the little girl her first camera. :)
Bugger about your eye mate but have fun with your new toys.....oh and nice selfie too ;)

Reactions: Antman

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I finally got and installed the LED light strip under the awning and temporarily wired it into the outside light until I can get a 3 x switch plate and extra switch. Tested it on Saturday night once it got dark and received a phone call from Sydney Air Traffic control to turn it off as it was distracting and blinding the pilots. :)

Dave

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Took the expanda on it's maiden shakedown trip to Willowbrook Farm near Gingin, WA... No phone or TV reception so was peaceful and quiet ;)

Best parts of the trip was the free fresh warm scones with local jam and cream whilst packing up on Sunday morning :)

Img_0257_Resized.jpg Img_0258_Resized.jpg Img_0259_Resized.jpg

Unfortunately no pics of the scones as not even a crumb made it back to the van!!