Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 17.58-1 OB

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
LOL, you take to much stuff.

Under the rear bottom bunk is still empty for us. No dinette convertor as well :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ok made it to Tocomwal when we put the van away last time I said it's real close to the fence and could be a problem getting out. The rocks where not put in level and the van goes side to side. For the last three weeks I wanted to fix although Sarah said not that bad. So driving out it rocks and we stopped cm's from the gate postthat's where then fun started backing the van back for it worse as the wheels to go forward have to go down a retaining wall. Two unhitches later and over a hour we where off

Tom Tom then decided after shep to take us down back roads for some reason.
Got here around 3pm
So setup the secondhand annex we got hoping it would fit
It's prob 10cm to high and 10cm long about 5cm to long end walls. Although fits :) we need a sail track for van and to get a wind guard for wheels. Blowing a gale here so was not fun setting up :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 318
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 304

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Dave, at least it can be cut down. Just get an annexe company or trimmer to make it fit. If it's windy,it might pay to pull it down. Changing your tom tom settings will help you avoid routes you don't want. You might be on shortest route!

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Thanks Geoff yes a canvas place near by our place, wanted to see if it fitted first. Took a chance at $750.
Wind died down now very nice in here.
Used the Aussie Traveller AFK so have some Tebbs ones at home I get rid off.
Yes stupid Tom Tom I check settings. Are you down ocean groove?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
You will still be in front with that annexe. And you will have plenty of material over so get your guy to make an AFK bag and a few rope and tent peg bags. I would also get them to oversize the skirt material at the bottom of the canvas. We have been to some uneven sites where the annexe just reached. We are at Barwon Heads.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Thanks Geoff sitting in their now said to Sarah not sure we trim as sites will differ.
This is the excess down the bottom. Just pulled out and re pegged the cgear Matt have to work how better to put this down next time. If I run it against the annex wall it bunches up against the wheels.

Not sure I have much Canvas cut off it is pretty close size wise

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Thanks Geoff sitting in their now said to Sarah not sure we trim as sites will differ.
This is the excess down the bottom. Just pulled out and re pegged the cgear Matt have to work how better to put this down next time. If I run it against the annex wall it bunches up against the wheels.

Not sure I have much Canvas cut off it is pretty close size wise
You can fold it under along the van side.
On my last van I just ran it past the annex walls and put pegs through it.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
TV aerial is back working the cable must be on the right angle to stop the break.
Although our mains pressure water has come and gone no idea why and yes I checked the tap and hose working.

With the annex thinking of maybe adding extra height mudflats and another peg down hole.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 244

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
dropped off van to Bayswater Jayco for warranty issues and two curved rafters.. be around 2 weeks as they are busy :( so no van in backyard give me time to level out the stupid rocks. 32 today and my foots sore so see if I do it.
Added trip report to Tocumwal one already there.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/nsw-tocumwal-boomerang-park.4335/
oh and also we left some damp rid in the van for under a month we got this much water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 224

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok almost made the parking space for the Starcraft level on the way up when she comes back. After last time out it rocked and we almost took the side of the van out. I moved the priority on the list item up :)
Took from one side put on the other :) Dug out what there was off grass, thanks for the rain made it easier :)
Extended the sleepers on the cement into the rock. Added another sleeper on one side to even it up.
When we cemented the backyard we only had the area for the spa made level, the rest we left with a run off around 13cms.

Love to cement it to the footpath.. Although wife is not interested. I also said lets put pavers in same.. :(
See how the van goes when she comes back this week and if ok will get it whacked by a friend.
22480-1893b0672b0e8727373389d8fd3a6e19.jpg

22481-71b14bc776967b882b39deacf6e8c574.jpg

22482-11bed7fe04da9400ac983b1689a91579.jpg

Might look at the Core Gravel stuff and run it down to the footpath. Maybe I will be allowed to do that.. As more removable later on.
No idea why it needs to be removable, hope she is not reading this. :behindsofa:
COREgravel-60-40.jpg

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 230
  • front3.jpg
    front3.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 215
  • front4.jpg
    front4.jpg
    959.4 KB · Views: 249

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Down at Somers to Back the van in past cars was a lot of back and forths to get in. We parked next to slab as be not level of we left a wheel on it although now annex not pegged in. Off buntings some sand I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 379

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So been at Somers since the weekend and nothing has broken with van apart from a split O ring in outside fold down table
After a few late night toilet trips keep thinking should we got the -3 and toilet :)
Although twins been fighting and kicking one another sleep head to toe. So last night setup dinette convertor. Although of course they both wanted to sleep there :(
They still moving around to 11pm when they dropped to sleep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Reactions: Smirke

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So the second hand annex we got a draught skirt so that's fine :)
Long wall was a little long been a few little showers and some drips ok, then it poured and I found a problem the extra over the door acted like a gutter and rain came in. Pulled it out of sail track and back in line with arm got soaked though.
Pic as is now although raining

Now another problem the annex we got was from a full van so no pop top cut out, got a couple of pop top fillers and some clear plastic Matt from big green shed and Velcro. See what happens and fine tune if it works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 369
Last edited: