Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 17.58-1 OB

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Dave, the hole for the afk's needs to be much higher around. About 11 o'clock roughly, that way the material doesn't act as a gutter. Annexe guy will sort the rest of the dramas.

Cheers Geoff.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thanks Geoff although Jayco put the hole in as I was worried I stuff it up:(
Annex seems livable see how the pop top thing goes.
As Macca said rotate the barrel more so the edge of the awning goes straight to the top of the barrel and the AFK won`t pull down and stretch it as much. Might be a idea to catch up with @crustt in Appoll0 Bay as he is the canvas guru on here.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Cool I rotated the barrel around putting it to closed. See how that works

The little extra length does not worry me at all. Height wise it's around 5cms long although end wall which I have pegged in seems perfect.

The pop top inserts holding in the wind, I would not mind getting some persplex and cut to size so more rigid. I was going to use my vinyl pole bag and cut to size although Sarah wanted to try clear for some light. Amazing you get some in just little gaps

We had the draught skirt by done Australia wide although could not move the van out so said I figure something out for pop top.
Yes I pinged crustt when I got the annex was a distance and alining moons thing. At the moment it's working well even with the little extra so will see. Nice to have the extra room in the Melbourne summer ( drizzle wind drizzle wind rain sunny drizzle drizzle wind ) he he

Reactions: Smirke

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Just rang to get TV Coax from Winegard fixed again said can they replace it this time please, as it will be the fourth time and I said the cable was crap when we picked up the van... They said they need to replace the whole roof :oops: so they will email Jayco see what they can do..
The whole roof to replace the coax cable :(

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Eventually put the 12v dual USB in where the reading light was. Would of done it quicker if I could of found my crimping set, had to buy a new one so it will turn up tomorrow. Or returned by those who borrowed. :)

Still need to put the light down the other end. Sarah still does not think we need to

Attachments

• IMG_7622.jpg
    IMG_7622.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Reactions: skippy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So Jayco rang back they ordered a new roof to fix the aerial cable. yippee
Be in the next run not sure when as yet.
When I cleaned the van the other day I noticed the roof has a couple of raised areas so be good to get a new roof. You can see better while roof was dirty :)
IMG_7768.jpg
I also put in a shelf in the rear boot on the weekend
25308-383f9f05ea0e2881ddbea90b3dfbba54.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7783.jpg
    IMG_7783.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 245

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Be in the next run not sure when as yet.
When I cleaned the van the other day I noticed the roof has a couple of raised areas so be good to get a new roof. You can see better while roof was dirty :)
View attachment 30969
25308-383f9f05ea0e2881ddbea90b3dfbba54.jpg
Nice work. Is that the twins new sleeping area?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Maybe we can catch up this time @davemc. 8-)
yes I will try.. its non stop with the little ones ...
thanks up early.. just finished packing everything.. of course the kids moved the dual USB charger been 30 mins looking :( no luck. so will have to move around the charging :( unless the kids know where they unplugged it..
We want to do a big day tomorrow.. then work out where we get to.. Vic holidays start Friday so want to get up there with the rest of the Mexicans do the kids parks next week... then relax once it gets super packed and go home slower.

Got some good news we moved to a ensuite site at Broadwater :) make toilet runs much easier for me.

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA

I like the shelf idea.
May need to do something similar once ours arrives.
Always plenty of clever ideas on this site :first: