Canvas Bed Fly's by Holiday Annexes

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
They look great Lara,just wondering do they make it much darker? i know the canvas ends on my new expanda let in more light than my old 2004 model.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
They look great Lara,just wondering do they make it much darker? i know the canvas ends on my new expanda let in more light than my old 2004 model.

Hi 17Triton,
I didn't notice any difference in light with the new bed fly's attached! Which is good news!

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Some great options here! I am looking to make up something for our 17.56 and was after a favour. Does anyone know the length from one side of the van to the other (following the lid) and the height at the highest point (probably near the hinge). The reason I ask is my van is tucked up the side of the house and has the cover over it - pain in the proverbial to move the van and uncover.

I was thinking of making a continuous piece similar to the privacy screen from PVC to press stud to lid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sinko

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Would love to help you out, but our Expanda just went back into storage earlier this morning. Hopefully another member can help you out with some measurements!

Mtb rider

Mar 24, 2013
Hi All,
I have a Jayco base station and had a real problem with the bed ends getting wet as the Donna and pillows touched the canvas. I saw an expanda with some of the holiday canvas bed ends and thought they looked brilliant. I ordered some and had them fitted within about 30 minutes (they were really easy to install) and the rivets were fine. I was on the Gold Coast over January and the inside canvas was cool to touch even on a 38 degree day. On the way home we were in the middle of the January floods and the bed stayed dry. Enough said.

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
We have just got some clear plastic covers made for the zip up windows in the pop up. They are great and let a lot of light in and now the canvas can be left open when raining. Very happy but the plastic that was used has a line through it so not completly clear. It adds strength and is more durable so we are considering getting our bed ends made using this and getting it sewn into the existing privacy screen and then have zippers on the corners so we can roll them up when not required and just have original privacy screens. I will try and load a picture of the new screens tomorrow.
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this used before and what their opinion would be?

cheers

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
clear window covers2.jpg clear window covers.jpg
Here is a photo of the waterproof velcro window covers that will go up the top of our pop-up.
Thinking about getting bed ends the same sewn to the existing privacy screens.
Any thoughts please?

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hey Lara

Thanks for the great right up on the canvas bed ends. As usual you have excelled yourself one again.:applouse:

I was going to look around over here is WA for some of those canvas bed ends but you made it sound so easy to fit and not just that the quality looks really good too.
So I might see if I can organise one to be sent over to Wa.
Once again Lara awesome review.

Paul

Reactions: Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey Lara

Thanks for the great right up on the canvas bed ends. As usual you have excelled yourself one again.:applouse:

I was going to look around over here is WA for some of those canvas bed ends but you made it sound so easy to fit and not just that the quality looks really good too.
So I might see if I can organise one to be sent over to Wa.
Once again Lara awesome review.

Paul

Thanks Paul, You know me and my homework, I like to get it right the first time!

I did look around at all options first but kept coming back to the Holiday Annexes bed fly's.
They are absolutely worth having, and like you said, they look amazing. I have to say I was quite proud having them up at Crescent Head. They look a million bucks and the quality is second to none!

Reactions: skippy
Thanks Paul, You know me and my homework, I like to get it right the first time!

I did look around at all options first but kept coming back to the Holiday Annexes bed fly's.
They are absolutely worth having, and like you said, they look amazing. I have to say I was quite proud having them up at Crescent Head. They look a million bucks and the quality is second to none!

Hi there guys, I hope all is well with everyone. We have bed fly's in stock Paul and have sent them to WA before so don't hesitate to email me on kimcarter65@hotmail.com for further information.
Cheers Kim