Canvas Bed Fly's by Holiday Annexes

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Only seen the Kakadu and Holiday Annexes online but couldn't find a local West Aussie dealer to see either in the flesh.... Saw the Australiwide Anexxes at Caravanland/Jayco over here and was impressed so we went for Australiawide.

From what I remember Holiday Annexes are very similar to the Australiawide ones???

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ours didn't come with the clear window as standard (Ordered early March) but after looking at their new catalogue on their website last week they now come standard with 3 zipdown panels... mesh screen, clear window and solid canvas. We should have waited a month or two :(

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
Ours didn't come with the clear window as standard (Ordered early March) but after looking at their new catalogue on their website last week they now come standard with 3 zipdown panels... mesh screen, clear window and solid canvas. We should have waited a month or two :(
Thank you, I'll check them out

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I had a look at a kakadu bed fly when we were away at Chrissy, everything was the same except it was vinyl which canvas and vinyl is another ford/holden thing. A few other factors that swayed me, kakadu didn't return my email, didn't seem very interested when speaking to them on phone and only wanted to refer me to a distributor so I'd end up paying more!
The day I called valley canvas (holiday annexes) they were making some deliveries and going past near where I work, they delivered them to me.....happy days!

Reactions: hamish22

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I had a look at a kakadu bed fly when we were away at Chrissy, everything was the same except it was vinyl which canvas and vinyl is another ford/holden thing.

Probably going to have to run with "another Hyundai/Mazda thing" in a year or two.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
I had a look at a kakadu bed fly when we were away at Chrissy, everything was the same except it was vinyl which canvas and vinyl is another ford/holden thing. A few other factors that swayed me, kakadu didn't return my email, didn't seem very interested when speaking to them on phone and only wanted to refer me to a distributor so I'd end up paying more!
The day I called valley canvas (holiday annexes) they were making some deliveries and going past near where I work, they delivered them to me.....happy days!
Exactly the same for me kakadu would not return my emails I sent 3
So I rang holiday annexes and could not get off the phone to them very helpful people

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
we bought a holiday annexes one as well. Fitted it about a month ago now. Love it to bits. Apart from obviously keeping the bed dry, it also makes the bed end nice and dark during the day, it also insulates the bed in from the cold. :)
I did some research about the Kakadu ones and like others have said, they are vinyl. To me, vinyl does not breathe like canvas does. Also, i emailed kakadu and got not reply where as Holiday Annexes replied within a day.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
We gave our bed fly a good work out over Easter, had some hot days and our bed was a cool place to lay and read a book etc. We also had some storms and a heap of very heavy rain, no wet canvas or mattress, also cannot see in....very happy indeed!

Reactions: hamish22

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
A happy customer........................

Good morning, I am just writing to complement you and the team at Holiday Annexes for a wonderful product, I usually don’t send a return review, but after fitting the flys, I am so impressed with the quality. Fitting was easy, with clear directions. The product is so well thought out and is exactly what we wanted, everybody who has an Expander needs these.
So thank you again,
Adrian

REPLY FROM HOLIDAY ANNEXES

Hi Adrian,
Thank you for your feedback. We do try to make a good durable product and make everybody happy so thank you. If you have any enquiries about annexes or rollout awnings don't hesitate to call us. Make sure you tell all the Expanda owners what you just said to me lol
Thank you,
Mitch Smith