Canvas Bed Fly's by Holiday Annexes

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey Lara, they look fabulous, just showed Jackie and she's now convinced that's the way she wants to go with ours.

Thanks

You wont regret it, for us it's money well! Cant wait for the school holidays so we can use them!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey Lara should be 25 images per post let me know if it won't let you load more than 10 :)!

Thanks Expanda,
Will let you know next time I try and load 10 or more pics.
Might have been the old forum software that restricted me. I havn't tried again since then.
Cheers!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
And here are the pics of the sailtrack and hard lid.
There is absolutely no problem with the track and closing the hard lid, which is why I have taken all these detailed photos to share with you all. Please excuse the dust, need to give the Expanda a bath!

Bed Fly's - 13.jpg Bed Fly's - 14.jpg Bed Fly's - 17.jpg Bed Fly's - 18.jpg Bed Fly's - 19.jpg Bed Fly's - 15.jpg Bed Fly's - 16.jpg

And as mentioned in a previous post, the hard lid edges are reinforced with aluminum for strength, so no problems with drilling and rivets.

Reactions: skippy

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Lara thanks for the detailed report and your experience with the fitting of the new screens.

Let us know how they go after your 1st trip with them.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Looks Great!! Gees I don't know how you Sydney people park all your good stuff on the street and still sleep at night....

Ha, I don't sleep a wink when it's here at home. Was just about to add a post to my other thread about the stress of parking on the Streets in Manly, yes nightmare is a good choice of word. Luckily we only brought it home for fitting the bed ends and a few other bits and pieces, it's back to storage tomorrow! phew.....

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Lara, do you take these off when folding up the bed or do they stay in place ? If they stay in place what's to stop the bed getting damp anyway from water soaking through 2 layers ?

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
Lara, they look fantastic. I think we will have to invest in some of these. When we camped at Straddie a couple of weeks ago, just the top and bottom of the beds got wet. I assume it was where Pete pushed his doona to the end of the bed and his pillow to the top, when he was stretching out!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Lara, do you take these off when folding up the bed or do they stay in place ? If they stay in place what's to stop the bed getting damp anyway from water soaking through 2 layers ?

Hi Jeff,
No the bed fly's come off to close the lid. You'll see in one of my pics a photo of them rolled up in the canvas bags provided for storage. It's a 5 minute job to put them on or take them off, and throw them inside on the lounge for travel.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
My Aunty lives at brighton le sands, and she said "just park it out on the street and sleep at my place" she wanted me to park it 2 streets over.... NO WAY!!!

Not surprised you passed on that offer, Brighton Le sands is probably as bad if not worse than Manly. It's like giving the graffiti vandals a blank canvas..... And the thiefs free pickings!

I've just posted another post about our parking situation. Its good for a laugh! http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/laras-16-49-1-ob.2667/page-3#post-33917

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Lara, they look fantastic. I think we will have to invest in some of these. When we camped at Straddie a couple of weeks ago, just the top and bottom of the beds got wet. I assume it was where Pete pushed his doona to the end of the bed and his pillow to the top, when he was stretching out!

Sounds like a good idea! I love them!

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Lara,

They look fantastic and finished so well. Thanks for such a detailed report. We have the Prestige Jayco screens and they are just screwed on! Will see how they go when the wet weather comes.

Cheers,

Rohan

Reactions: Brooksy
Holiday annexes
Hey Kim, do you know if there are different size hard lids? I want to get a cover for my Basestation, just not sure if it is bigger or not than the others?
Also, the wife is bugging me about the rear of the basestation, have you guys ever done those rooms for the back, that turn the ramp (when supported) into an extension of the van? if so approx price? and would you need the van or not?
Cheers,
Hi there,
The bed ends are the same size on the Expanda and the Base station and we have made tailgate rooms for our own Base stations which are able to be installed without the van. They are priced at $2000.00 for the room. We do offer a powered ensuite site here at the factory in the Hunter Valley if you would prefer us to build and fit the bed fly and tailgate room here on site.
I am attempting to upload a photo of our tailgate rooms so wish me luck and if I have no success call us on 0249 364778 and I will arrange to email them to you.
Cheers
Kim

Reactions: AJV and bigman0510
I too would be slightly worried about pop rivets, they can be a great way to attach things but i think i would use more than what i saw on the photo, but i suppose they are the experts, the sail track must come very close to the inside edge of the opening, could it rub with the movement of the van under tow?
Overall they look great, i struggle with the cost though.
Look forward to hearing how they went!
Hi there,
Kim from Holiday Annexes here. I just thought I'd mention that the sail track is plastic and kind to the fiberglass. Fortunately there have been no complaints in the 12 months since we started supplying them.
With regard to the pricing of the bed fly's, ( $990.00 for front and back $570.00 for one end ) it includes gst, freight or fitting and the peace of mind that you will sleep in a dry bed in all weather conditions.
Hopefully this answers some questions for you.
Happy caravaning
Kim

Hi there,
The bed ends are the same size on the Expanda and the Base station and we have made tailgate rooms for our own Base stations which are able to be installed without the van. They are priced at $2000.00 for the room. We do offer a powered ensuite site here at the factory in the Hunter Valley if you would prefer us to build and fit the bed fly and tailgate room here on site.
I am attempting to upload a photo of our tailgate rooms so wish me luck and if I have no success call us on 0249 364778 and I will arrange to email them to you.
Cheers
Kim

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi there,
Kim from Holiday Annexes here. I just thought I'd mention that the sail track is plastic and kind to the fiberglass. Fortunately there have been no complaints in the 12 months since we started supplying them.
With regard to the pricing of the bed fly's, ( $990.00 for front and back $570.00 for one end ) it includes gst, freight or fitting and the peace of mind that you will sleep in a dry bed in all weather conditions.
Hopefully this answers some questions for you.
Happy caravaning
Kim
Thanks Kim for the response! the pictures that Lara sowed that it was oll good, they look great!!