Who`s going away for the long weekend?

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Mate, I hope your good at placing the van, especially that 17'. We went to stay there once, sites are small, ended up at the Angelsea Beachfront instead, great park there. Be hearing how you went next week.

Cheers Pace.

Pace you were right about the size of the sites, very cosy. Lucky enough we could drive through and it was a painless set up. It is very fresh here tonight and the new bed ends I made might just be worth their weight in warmth tonight.
image.jpg

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
great to hear you got in well. head over to the beachfront park for a sus out, maybe for next time AzHaych, those plastic cover look good, got any detailed pic of how you fitted to lid?.

yeah, i hear you those nights are cold inland 17triton , remember them well.

cheers pace.

Reactions: 17triton

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
No problem pace9908 and HM I used the .75mm thick ($29.90lm x 9mtrs 4.5mtrs per end) from Bunnings and fitted them to the lid using press studs (aisle 8 Bunnings). If I had my time over again I would use the .50mm, as it would be a little more flexible and make it easier to fit. I saw on one of the other threads that they used eyelets and stretchy cord. I did the rear one first with the press studs and it took me almost three hours to fit it, but don't take to much notice of that, I'm a good vinyl floor layer, but I wouldn't make money as an upholsterer. So I thought I would try the front one with the eyelets and stretchy cord and it was definitely quicker to put up, just over an hour, but I prefer the finish of the press studs. So I'm actually going to change that to press studs as well when we get back.
I'll take some photos of it when we get back to the van, my gorgeous wife has suckered me in to going to the factory outlets in Torquay, for the "we'll just have a quick look".
Az

Reactions: Holden_man

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
......my gorgeous wife has suckered me in to going to the factory outlets in Torquay, for the "we'll just have a quick look".
Az
Ah, not the old "we'll just have a quick look"' trick.
The last time I heard those words we were just going to check out the Jayco colour schemes.
Left with a $42k pre-loved Expanda!
Lucky you got a gorgeous wife as well! Let's know how many dollars she saved you today.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Ahh the bunnings plastic, yep used the thicker stuff on my vent covers. Good to know which thickness you recommend, that's handy. Thanks for the info mate. Did you fit new push on studs to the lid? Was that easy enough. As for the factory outlets, you bloody poor bugger. I feel for you......Theres not a hardware aisle in sight in those places, it's a wasteland for blokes, I won't go, and when I have to she has to drag me by the ear......:(

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Mrs Pace said same thing to me Az, ended up leaving Torquay with new summer outfits for kids,bikinis for her, i got a cap. Oh, 2 organic penny boards too, poor visa card got a dent that day. Pace.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Had to go to Rays outdoors to get 2 sleeping bags because dumbarse Matt forgot to pack them. Last night was freezing and I don't think the plastic helped much. The heater was flat out all night and I was still cold! Every time my face touched a "fresh" part of the pillow I woke. Not the best night.
Matt

Reactions: Xpandafan

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Put up the blackwolf turbo 300 plus today to season the canvas .... Of corse the kids are camping in the back yard tonight

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Had a great weekend away in Bendigo weather was really good for this time of year fine days and freezing nights. The park was a real surprise and I will do a review later, but we will definitely be going back! We didn't see much of Bendigo but we did enjoy it.

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
You'll love Echuca. If you have time and want to splurge, make a booking for Friday night dinner at the Shamrock Hotel (5482 1036) and try their fantastic Parma's. it's buy one, get 2nd for $5. Sittings at 6, 7 and 8pm.
You can find the menu/prices on their website. Not the cheapest pub meals but memorable. You choose chicken, beef, pork or fish, then two of four side dishes, then your topping. There are 400 odd combinations. They do a kid's Parma for your 6y.o. Or there's a little tackers menu. Don't need a lot for lunch on the way up, and probably not a big breakfast on Saturday morning!

Thanks Xpandafan for the tip. As I mentioned earlier, we made a booking for dinner Friday night...WOW what a meal. My 3 sons and I all chose the "Meat Axe - your meat lover Parma with ham, bacon, salami, chorizo, bolognaise, sausage, napoli, cheese & smoky BBQ sauce" while my wife and daughter chose something a little more ladylike :) With 6 of us the buy one get one for 5 bucks was great. I'd recommend this place to everyone - Shamrock Hotel in Echuca (5482 1039)

Meet the "Meat Axe" :hungry:
IMG_4301.JPG