Who`s going away for the long weekend?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Just thought i`d ask who`s heading away for the queens birthday weekend? We`re off to Bendigo for the first time. For years we have been driving through to get to Echuca and other spots but never stayed there. Probably going to do the pottery,gold mine,tram and markets if there is something else good let us know. cheers Matt.

Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just thought i`d ask who`s heading away for the queens birthday weekend? We`re off to Bendigo for the first time. For years we have been driving through to get to Echuca and other spots but never stayed there. Probably going to do the pottery,gold mine,tram and markets if there is something else good let us know. cheers Matt.

NSW Meet @ Umina if your board and feel like driving for a long time we would more than welcome you :)!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.

We've been to Bendigo a bit (have family there) and have always said we should go on to Echuca one day. Well, this weekend is "oneday". I've taken an RDO tomorrow and we head up there tonight. Looks like a great place. I haven't been there since I was 12. My wife and kids have never been there, so they are looking forward to the trip.

Have a great time in Bendigo

Cheers James

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
We've been to Bendigo a bit (have family there) and have always said we should go on to Echuca one day. Well, this weekend is "oneday". I've taken an RDO tomorrow and we head up there tonight. Looks like a great place. I haven't been there since I was 12. My wife and kids have never been there, so they are looking forward to the trip.
Have a great time in Bendigo
Cheers James

You'll love Echuca. If you have time and want to splurge, make a booking for Friday night dinner at the Shamrock Hotel (5482 1036) and try their fantastic Parma's. it's buy one, get 2nd for $5. Sittings at 6, 7 and 8pm.
You can find the menu/prices on their website. Not the cheapest pub meals but memorable. You choose chicken, beef, pork or fish, then two of four side dishes, then your topping. There are 400 odd combinations. They do a kid's Parma for your 6y.o. Or there's a little tackers menu. Don't need a lot for lunch on the way up, and probably not a big breakfast on Saturday morning!

Reactions: pace9908

Gibbo

Mar 17, 2013
Bayside
I am getting the Flamingo out and going to the inlaws vineyard in the Pyreness rangers in western victoria. I will be working there all weekend.:whip: The kids should have fun with their cousions though. Only three months until my 17-56-1 O.B. arrives. Having trouble selling the flamingo though:( . I am shure it will all work out.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Off to 1770, meeting up with Crystalyn and family. Scored a beachfront lot at the Camp ground. Photos to follow.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com

17triton Bendigo is a great place, has everything there. Suggestion: head down the Calder towards Melbourne to the town Golden Square. On the left hand side corner block with the petrol station and group of specialty shops, is the place called ''MegaBurger''. Call in for a feed, though be sure not to have breaky if your going for lunch and dont bother preparing anything for dinner. Seriously this place is phenomanal, the burgers are served on a dinner plate and you cant see the rim of the plate.

Which park are you booked in at?? Pace.

Reactions: 17triton

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
:apologetic: Not me. The renovations at home are calling......plus vowed we'd never to use my soft floor camper again after the last canvas pack up.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
17triton Bendigo is a great place, has everything there. Suggestion: head down the Calder towards Melbourne to the town Golden Square. On the left hand side corner block with the petrol station and group of specialty shops, is the place called ''MegaBurger''. Call in for a feed, though be sure not to have breaky if your going for lunch and dont bother preparing anything for dinner. Seriously this place is phenomanal, the burgers are served on a dinner plate and you cant see the rim of the plate.

Which park are you booked in at?? Pace.
Thanks for the tip pace9908 will hunt it down for a feed. We're staying at the gold nugget tourist park in Epsom it's a top tourist.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Not going away but are hoping to take the boat out again if the weather behaves. Last week Matt was the only one catching anything so need to change that!