Upgrade of the tugboat on the cards...

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Evening all.

Sorry for the tardy reply; I've been entertaining at the van.

Really appreciate all the compliments and remarks. I'm pretty chuffed with it, and it's a massive step up from the Pajero. It's cost the family budget like ours a bit, but like the caravan, we see it as an 'investment in family time'. It also gives us a reliable, capable and safe tow vehicle where the cars history is known. I feel very confident putting my loved ones in this 5 star car. And that's worth the $$$.

Ok, so why the 'rado?
  1. Price - I'm lucky enough to have some contacts through my brother at a Holden dealer. At the start of this I asked them to 'see what they can do'. And the did well. Very well. If you know what I mean... I'm not prepared to divulge $ on here but happy to discuss over PM's with trusted forum members.
  2. Warranty and dealer coverage - I was lucky enough to time purchases with Holden's extended warranty and road side offer. We got 5yr for both which means our 'Big Lap' in 3.5yrs is covered under warranty which is big piece of mind. There is also a Holden dealership in the Marsh (only brand dealership there) which means the servicing will be easier logistically.
  3. Looks - I quite like them and prefer it to all others with the exception of the ranger perhaps
  4. Interior - The Minister for Domestic Affairs preferred the interior to this over all competitors which is a big win. The lack of a CD player went unnoticed until today at pickup which could be a PITA but we Bluetooth music at the van so the media centre isn't too much of a stretch.
  5. MY15 upgrades - I likes that the improvements to this model are aimed at families using it for what we are doing. More applicable suspension tweaks and better interior fittings and finishing. It's damn quiet in there on the open road.
They are the main points off the top of my head, obviously with the first being the priority. Early signs are great but the true test will come when we load it up on Sunday with people stuff and a van on the back. Then we'll know if it was money well spent.

I'll start a dedicated thread on Sunday when we return home as there be mods and upgrades ahead me hearties!!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Good to hear you got it all well Smergen. Youve noted al we spoke about earlier in the week. We too are looking at a Colorado7 now, will get more serious as the kids get back to school.
Yes the Paj is still in the running also. Pace.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Nice now you need all the additions bull bar to wear lights canopy etc etc but very nice

Thanks mate. Your info and input last week with your experiences with your 'rado were part of the reason as well. I really appreciated it.

As for mods, I may (or may not) have picked up the ARB catalogue from the shop on the way out of town... ;)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
You will get over the cd thing pretty quick, just put them on usb, I use a streaming service on my phone which I find is good. That is the way cars are going. Having a cd slot in a car will be a thing of the past, just like the old cassette player. I like the "piano" black finish of the LTZ dash. They are a much quieter car than the 2012 model. I also like the colour you have chosen. I think the Colorado is a dual cab that people should at least put on their list when they are looking. They are good value and have a good warranty, nearly always now on deals with 5 years warranty and fixed price service, which is a great piece of mind. The other major players are all great cars, some I just cannot justify their asking price though. Congrat's on your purchase.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Spot on @macca. Just took the boss for her first trip and she was very impressed too, which is always good.

There is always something better or bigger but we all have budgets and limitations. We've kept to ours and are very happy.

I love the colour too, but I think the boss still wishes the blue was driven back. I don't reckon that will date as well personally...

Reactions: dagree and 17triton

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Congratulations @Smergen! Just caught up on this thread. I bet you are super stoked. Apart from brake controller ;), what mods do you have planned at this stage?