Upgrade of the tugboat on the cards...

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
All right, it's the Ultimate Tow Vehicle..............................Ford F250 V8 Diesel......a dream machine.

An F-truck is my ultimate tow vehicle... Love them. But alas not in budget and not nearly as nicely appointed as the new vehicle...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Appointments fade into oblivion when you put pedal to the metal....................................................you just don't care about them.

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
so which Nissan stealer sold you a new Y62 Patrol????

Funny you say that. One of my brother's "mate of a mate" friends actually gave me a price on a brand new Ti-L. Despite a $45k discount off the asking price it was still out of our league...:(o_O

Was a whole lot of car though...

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Funny you say that. One of my brother's "mate of a mate" friends actually gave me a price on a brand new Ti-L. Despite a $45k discount off the asking price it was still out of our league...:(o_O

Was a whole lot of car though...

Yeah, I know,, but as I said to my boss - her cruiser was $65 k after masive discounts 6 yrs ago......

And every thing I read about their fuel Eccon (2 different patrol forums) is quite impressive. One guy is quoting 17l/100 towing his 2t van...

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
An F-truck is my ultimate tow vehicle... Love them. But alas not in budget and not nearly as nicely appointed as the new vehicle...

After keeping the world oil price afloat over Christmas, I was activity looking at swapping the cruiser for an F truck when we got back, but they are still wayyy out there on price.

I was also looking at negotiating 8.4m of van and another 6m of tug in some of these tight parks could add to the blood pressure medication somewhat.

Looks like the cruiser stays a bit longer

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
And the winner is....

image.jpg

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Very nice @Smergen ... Now time to change your signature ;)
Also interesting in finding out why you went the Colorado as we are contemplating a dual cab when we eventually upgrade.

Reactions: Smergen