The Marshian's New Home - 19ft New Age Gecko

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Once I get some pics and dates, they'll be all over here I can assure you. :)

We are only being nice you know @Smergen , really who would want to look at pics of a swish rig, set up to drool over when most of us can't have one..................................................................will have a quick look then block the page before I do something stupid like wander into a caravan yard...................again.

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
That looks great - The one at the show was a tad low.
I didn't even know that they had that Layout in the 16ft - Their Website is as "out of date" as the Jayco Website!
Its missing the storage of the 19ft though, would love to see a 19 in that guise.

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Well, I'm heading back there again on Monday @DLT. If it's still there I'll ask if I can take a snap of it (it was out in the storage yard), but I got the feeling they were pretty tight with pics and the like.

I hear you on clearance and the one reason went with bigger wheels and tyres, as well as a 2" raiser. Saw a Manta in production with the same spec and it was noticeably higher. If it turns out like that, I'll be pretty happy.

We loved the 16ft layout too, but when we were adding up weights, payloads and where we might put stuff for the big trip, we just thought we'd be short of space. More of a "holiday" van than a "living in" van as we like to class them.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
If you can that would be great - the 19ft Manta Ray is another one that is on the radar.
Just need to take the hike down to go & have another look i think when it is not at a show.

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
The clock is now counting down... a delivery date has been provided! :D:cheer2::becky::bounce::):biggrin-26::barbershop_quartet_member::clap2::congratulatory::dance::highly_amused::peace::rockon::smile-new::smile::whoo:

Not going to say when (don't want to jinx it due to the customisation of our van) but if I'm not giving you an update within a month, something's gone amiss...

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
You stalking my van @davemc?? Can't wait to see ours. The more I see the pics and photos I took, the more I like our triple bed solution and hope it works out well. As cool as those full height robes are, how much storage do you really need?

Was down at the factory taking the family for a tour today and it was certainly "Gecko" week/fortnight/month. Stacks of them being made, in various stages of construction. Mrs Smergs was very impressed and the Smerglings loved it too. They were pretty funny wearing the adult hi-vis, 4yr old practically wearing it like an overcoat.

Hats off again to the New Age crew. Ever so accommodating and welcoming.

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
You stalking my van @davemc?? Can't wait to see ours. The more I see the pics and photos I took, the more I like our triple bed solution and hope it works out well. As cool as those full height robes are, how much storage do you really need?

Was down at the factory taking the family for a tour today and it was certainly "Gecko" week/fortnight/month. Stacks of them being made, in various stages of construction. Mrs Smergs was very impressed and the Smerglings loved it too. They were pretty funny wearing the adult hi-vis, 4yr old practically wearing it like an overcoat.

Hats off again to the New Age crew. Ever so accommodating and welcoming.
Pity that Jayco don't allow kids on their factory tour - my 8 year old son would love it and I would like to go as well, but if we can't attend as a family, will have to wait a few years.