The Marshian's New Home - 19ft New Age Gecko

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It's good to have a hobby....and buy lotto tickets in between other purchases.

When is delivery expected?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Smergen, we met a couple a while back that are doing a 12mth lap with their new New Age, and we keep ending up in the same places. We've spent a bit of time with them and around their van.

Theyve been on the road 5 mths and no problems.

One of the travel surprises that probably shouldnt be a surprise, you keep seeing the same people.

The New Age standards havent dropped either, they still produce a noticeably superior product.

My only bitch would be the damn chain they have on the door blind ... that rattling chain every time i opened the door would drive me insane ... so a blob of blue tack mate, and youll have the best van on the market.

Reactions: bigcol and DLT

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
It's good to have a hobby....and buy lotto tickets in between other purchases.

When is delivery expected?

July, probably late in the month.

By the time you get it winter will be at full noise I suppose ??? Heaps of holidays so you can escape to decent climate (QLD)....lol.

Meh... winter in Victoria is a furphy we tell Northerners so to keep the place to ourselves! I've already enlisted @17triton to do a diesel heater install, so roll on the cool weather.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
The New Age standards havent dropped either, they still produce a noticeably superior product.

My only bitch would be the damn chain they have on the door blind ... that rattling chain every time i opened the door would drive me insane ... so a blob of blue tack mate, and youll have the best van on the market.

Thanks for the tyre pumping mate... Really appreciate the kind words. I suppose we're nervous steering away from a "known" quantity that is the Jayco van that this site keeps us familiar with.

I've already got Mrs Smergs "borrowing" some blue tac from school... But if that's the case (and it's not something I've noticed) I reckon I'll find a solution... probably get the kids to use it. Then it will break. Then I'll fix it under warranty with a better solution.

Simply can't wait to get the Big Green Lizard.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
July, probably late in the month.

Meh... winter in Victoria is a furphy we tell Northerners so to keep the place to ourselves! I've already enlisted @17triton to do a diesel heater install, so roll on the cool weather.

If winter down there is worse than we encountered in the last month, it's all yours!

I even contemplated the diesel heater but think we'll keep our camping to warmer areas .....and try to avoid the crowds.

There were even crowds in the wet and cold south of the border.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Must be getting cold down south, seeing the VIC and NSW number plates up here now, they started a bit later this year...................bit like migrating birds........
I do like the New Age gear and the Kokoda's, both very schmiko.

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I think the Mexicans will avoid north qld till the rain stops.

I heard some of the favourites are closed at the moment...eg...Lawn Hill Gregory Downs road and some north of cairns. So Litchfield Kakadu etc will be getting busy.

Reactions: Crusty181

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Was out and about today, and called in at Caravan on Coopers to measure up a few things on the Gecko they have on the floor. Got the measurements I needed...

photo   1.JPG

Also kicked around the van and noticed a few more small things that I'm really looking forward to. The large storage under the bench seat should be good for brooms and longer more awkward items.

13.JPG

Also things like having cloth behind the seats and full strips of Velcro are examples of the little things that show that extra thought. Here we are imagining the battery in its spot.

12.JPG

Damn I'm looking forward to getting this van...

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Driving home from Bendigo past Cooper St today and I thought to myself wonder if your vans ready?
Did you get a ETA yet mate :)

No mate, still waiting. Hopefully find out this week. Actually took a tour of the factory last week, and booked in next week with the family once they return from the UK. It's amazing and really shows what a quality unit they put out.

Can't wait to get ours...

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
factory tour nice. I have not heard much going wrong with New Age apart from they do the same crap plumbing that does not run up hill :)
Unlike the Jayco one you probably do not have to hold back the laughter when when they say they check things three times to make sure no problems.
You must be itching now..

Reactions: bigcol

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Can't wait for the photo's - still at the top of list
Seem's to tick more boxes than anything else that i keep looking at.
The build quality is a bonus as well.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Can't wait for the photo's - still at the top of list
Seem's to tick more boxes than anything else that i keep looking at.
The build quality is a bonus as well.

When I was at the factory I spied an "Enduro" pack of our van. Bigger wheels, more checkerplate, tool boxes, independant suspension, silver cladding. Looked awesome and I wished I knew about it prior to ordering. Having said that, it'd be way heavier, and I would probably want to beef up the rig even more as it'd be close to the limits of weights.

Something like this, but obviously in the 19ft shape and form:
https://www.mandurahrv.com.au/component/rdautos/detail/217-new-age-gecko-16-family-layout-bunks

Once I get some pics and dates, they'll be all over here I can assure you. :)