The Marshian's New Home - 19ft New Age Gecko

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Just saw this if anyone is interested. Obviously our layout with the custom bunks is a little different but you get the idea definitely.

We're also going a white all round colour scheme rather than the dark cabinetry. As I suspected, I reckon the dark finishes creates a darker interior and closes in the space a bit.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I like the Kitchen area

not too sure about the height above the bed.... looks a little low my think

Which bed are you talking about @bigcol, the main or the bunks? The main bed is actually higher I reckon than the jayco bed. No hockey stick means a bit more headspace. The Boss can sit up in the gecko bed without hitting her head.

Reactions: bigcol

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
good find looks good with a awning, with the extra bunk on do you know where they are putting the window? Will it interfere with the awning?
The extra light from the window on that side will be great.
Yeah the awning will miss the window according to the plans. And yep, we reckon the window will add a lot of space and light. The huge robes are awesome storage but a little OTT for a caravan. We hope out set up will be more practical, at least for us.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Which bed are you talking about @bigcol, the main or the bunks? The main bed is actually higher I reckon than the jayco bed. No hockey stick means a bit more headspace. The Boss can sit up in the gecko bed without hitting her head.

yeah, the main bed
just from the view from the outside, with the amount of area between the lid and the canvas

but haveing a look again for the 17th time, I see what you mean about no Hockey Stick, and yes it looks better

Reactions: Smergen and dagree

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
The folding mechanism seemed better when we trialled it at the show, but it didn't have any bedding and the like. Still, I really liked the way it was mounted in the frame, covers and pieces in place to prevent leakage and my favourite that it's inset so I can just plonk the table in there! Even had drainage plugs if water got in there.

photo 1 (4).JPG

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You're making me feel like getting out a sander and a paintbrush to change the colours in ours.

I love the fresh white look.

But I'm lazy....so I won't do it but I'm envious of yours.

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Hi Smergen,
Can i ask you what this is going to cost - hadn't seen this before, love the layout + New Age are getting a great reputation for quality.
I am also a bit more comfortable with the size than going to a 22.68OB Starcraft.
Do you know if you can get it with a 2 Door Fridge + Solar??
Sorry for all the questions - hope that it is at the Brisbane Camping Show in a couple of weeks.
Cheers

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Okay I watched it, thankfully not for us but I did enjoy one of my tribe looking at it, the bunks near the parents is scary....................but I think they will keep their Swan.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Congrats @Smergen nice bit of gear the New Age vans.......now the wait :(

Thanks mate... Quite excited, and getting a little over the wait it's safe to say. Very jealous of all the trip reports at the moment and there's just a big empty concrete slab in the backyard teasing me.

Still, I just keep buying toys for the truck to bide the time.