Stone Stomper's mods to our 16.49-3

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
You able to provide some more details / close ups on the antenna SS?
Being in the IT industry I can be fairly portable as long as I have a good signal. And you may just have the answer to me being soooo much more portable.

can you get an extension antenna of an iPhone?

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
You able to provide some more details / close ups on the antenna SS?
Being in the IT industry I can be fairly portable as long as I have a good signal. And you may just have the answer to me being soooo much more portable.

can you get an extension antenna of an iPhone?

Hi Brad,

The antenna I use is a light whip one and we have one the car that is thicker but I didn't want too much weight on the wind guard, then you need a patch lead to fit the modem or pre-paid dongles from Telstra that have external antenna ports but still need a patch lead. I don't think the Ipone has an external aerial port so you may need a prepaid one.

The other option is a squid pole, we have one of these for the HF and a flag pole and you can attach the aerial to the top and get a lot higher than the van, and these are around $25

imagesCAN6ACQK.jpg

untitled.png

image0012.jpg

Reactions: Brad

Kimberley D

Sep 13, 2012
Darwin
Looks great! Which bit is the antiflow valve in the picture please? Living in our van for a year and the backflow into the shower is driving me nuts. Is it from Bunnings or the likes? Also think i'll give your poleless bed flies a go. Thanks for sharing

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Looks great! Which bit is the antiflow valve in the picture please? Living in our van for a year and the backflow into the shower is driving me nuts. Is it from Bunnings or the likes? Also think i'll give your poleless bed flies a go. Thanks for sharing

The one way valve I bought from Whitworths Marine https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_...1855&search123=return+valve&intAbsolutePage=1

It was a bit tight to fit in but works well and only need one sulage outlet

91855_lg.jpg

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Thanks Stone Stomper
We have a Challenge (Flexiglass) canopy and the bars go down to the side of the tub which are rated to hold 150kg's - boat is 56kg unloaded so this isn't a problem - I was more wondering about whether you have some form of boat loader on there or do you lift and slide the boat on? We used to do this on the Hawk but the years are getting on and it's not so easy anymore!!! We did get a cheap Rhino rear boat loader but from what I can see everywhere, they need a 3 bar roof rack system to connect to. The other option is to sell this and go a Rhino side loader - we have a bit of time to sort all this out as the big block trip is being planned for 2014 or 2015.