Quarantine Dreaming

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I feel your pain but, yes, we are getting a bit political.
It is a bad time for us all, being caravaners and not being allowed to use them, but there is light at the end of the tunnel even if the beginning is still nearly two months away. Hang in there and stay safe.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Re Qld Gov. A good friend of mine was one of the head road build engineers in Qld main roads till he got a text saying he was out of a job in C Newmans clean out.6 weeks later another text asking if he would come back .Said yes ,contract only on his terms ,nearly double what he was earning before .!Worked another two years then retired.

Reactions: chartrock

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Re Qld Gov. A good friend of mine was one of the head road build engineers in Qld main roads till he got a text saying he was out of a job in C Newmans clean out.6 weeks later another text asking if he would come back .Said yes ,contract only on his terms ,nearly double what he was earning before .!Worked another two years then retired.

@BJM . "it is indeed an ill wind that blows nobody any good"! Opportunity only knocks once! I like it. You want me, need me, then pay my price!!!

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I tried that with my old boss who didn't want me to retire but he chocked when I told him how much the bribe would need to be, I thought it realistic myself.....$75K nett, a company dual Cab Hi Lux 24/7 along with a phone.... The Utes were nicely kitted up.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So if you want a beer then you gotta have a meal, talk about "Back To The Future" or "Just Another Sunday" well old fellas would know what I'm talking about, to have a beer on a Sunday you had to have travelled 25 mile and have a meal to get a beer, we went for lots of Sunday drives, Kangaroo Valley or Jamberoo Pub were big favourites..

Reactions: Johnanbev

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
Yep, back in the 60s, in Maryborough, on Sunday, if you wanted a drink, you could drive down to Hervey Bay for the afternoon.
People at Hervey Bay could also drive up to Maryborough. I remember the Pialba and Scarborough hotels very well from those days.
There was also a great little pub off the highway near Tiaro. And another at Torbanlea. All good spots for our regular Sunday pub trips.
I can't remember any conditions about having to have a meal. There might well have been.

Around those times, there was guidance that a drink or two was recommended before a long drive to relax you.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Drover

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
So if you want a beer then you gotta have a meal, talk about "Back To The Future" or "Just Another Sunday" well old fellas would know what I'm talking about, to have a beer on a Sunday you had to have travelled 25 mile and have a meal to get a beer, we went for lots of Sunday drives, Kangaroo Valley or Jamberoo Pub were big favourites..
That was all "BB" , before breathalyser, had to drive to the pub and then drive home!!

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I meant to look yesterday but just had a squiz at the Manta Ray Barge which runs from Innskip Point to Fraser island, I reckon some Brissie folk might be peed off if they didn't check things online before they came up here... fares are up to $100 return and they are operating at reduced hours, tomorrow from 1000 to 1300 so since you can't stay on the island not great for a day trip.............not until May23 it improves so $100 for a barge fee plus the NP permit be an expensive 2 hr frolic in the sand........................ https://mantarayfraserislandbarge.com.au

QLD National Parks https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/covid-19/

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I meant to look yesterday but just had a squiz at the Manta Ray Barge which runs from Innskip Point to Fraser island, I reckon some Brissie folk might be peed off if they didn't check things online before they came up here... fares are up to $100 return and they are operating at reduced hours, tomorrow from 1000 to 1300 so since you can't stay on the island not great for a day trip.............not until May23 it improves so $100 for a barge fee plus the NP permit be an expensive 2 hr frolic in the sand........................ https://mantarayfraserislandbarge.com.au

QLD National Parks https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/covid-19/

@Drover , we may not be let loose in Queensland yet. That possible spike in Blackwater has got a lot of people worried now. How did that guy (now deceased, and was only 30) contract the covid-19 in an isolated town of only 500 persons?? The health people are swarming all over the town and setting up to test everybody. Could set us back a bit.
In case some members are not quite up to what happens, the test alone is bad enough as Mrs Boots has discovered and found negative . It is like having a pipe cleaner forced down your throat and then up both nostrils to the back of your throat. The next stage if your are positive and badly affected is explained in the attached from a nurse in ICU. Bloody frightening!! No wonder Anna does not want it up here!! After reading same, I am now more than ever going to be even more careful - the further away from people , the better I will like it.

Covid-19 is NOT the flu. This kinda puts things in perspective.
The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks. for those people who don't understand what it is to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work.

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines. Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die. It is done under anaesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine. The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive. The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and pain-killers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma. After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications. It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu. Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA’s and MA’s to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp. Anyone want to try all that out?
Stay home. Stay safe and well!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Blackwater isn't isolated really it has heaps of FIFO workers and people moving through the place for work but yeah, like the lady in Cairns a bit worrying and I reckon being from the Ruby more coincidence......

.But the plot thickens as the nurse from Rocky had visited Blackwater it seems.......................... Good reason to keep gates locked but intrastate travel allowed, at least better to contain things...... I prefer out i the open, hated public transport before all this for the same reason as doctors waiting rooms, just large incubators..

Stay safe folk, hope to have a nice post about QLD travel on the weekend...........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Drover , we may not be let loose in Queensland yet. That possible spike in Blackwater has got a lot of people worried now. How did that guy (now deceased, and was only 30) contract the covid-19 in an isolated town of only 500 persons?? The health people are swarming all over the town and setting up to test everybody. Could set us back a bit.
In case some members are not quite up to what happens, the test alone is bad enough as Mrs Boots has discovered and found negative . It is like having a pipe cleaner forced down your throat and then up both nostrils to the back of your throat. The next stage if your are positive and badly affected is explained in the attached from a nurse in ICU. Bloody frightening!! No wonder Anna does not want it up here!! After reading same, I am now more than ever going to be even more careful - the further away from people , the better I will like it.

Covid-19 is NOT the flu. This kinda puts things in perspective.
The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks. for those people who don't understand what it is to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work.

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines. Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die. It is done under anaesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine. The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive. The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and pain-killers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma. After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications. It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu. Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA’s and MA’s to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp. Anyone want to try all that out?
Stay home. Stay safe and well!
I didnt know any of that. Im horrified but Im not surprised. With all the pathetic, overreaching and misdirected (yet largely ineffective) tactics used to corral people into compliance, I'm disappointed that the simple but horrific truth was never part of the campaign ... Id argue that was another lost opportunity and yet another example of our by leaders in way over their heads.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks like the poor fella in Blacwater who was already ill may got it passed on to him via someone who met this stupid nurse from Rocky who travelled to Blackwater (400km) to see the sunset while waiting for her test result...Yeah right, she was up to something for sure, twice ignored the rules so lock her up .

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Looks like the poor fella in Blacwater who was already ill may got it passed on to him via someone who met this stupid nurse from Rocky who travelled to Blackwater (400km) to see the sunset while waiting for her test result...Yeah right, she was up to something for sure, twice ignored the rules so lock her up .

Nahh, absolutely nothing will happen. She works in health care and is thus a protected species. The entire system will go out of its way to ensure she is not blamed let alone punished.

Read this from an ABC report:
"Queensland Health says there's no evidence to suggest the two cases are linked."

How do they already KNOW there is no evidence? They have already mapped out a dubious time line to show it is UNLIKELY she was responsible.
They are more interested in covering their backsides then finding the connection.

If they wanted to find something, Queensland Health would have said:
"We are currently actively looking into this to see if there is any connection."

**** UPDATE: A later release on the ABC from the QLD Health minister staes that they are now actively investigating the possibility of a link. His statement is much more proactive than was previously reported. That is indeed encouraging.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Here you go @Drover , just what you need, just make sure the guns work.
64341558-737C-4967-92F3-4F6F2A015EC8.jpeg

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Nahh, absolutely nothing will happen. She works in health care and is thus a protected species. The entire system will go out of its way to ensure she is not blamed let alone punished.

Read this from an ABC report:
"Queensland Health says there's no evidence to suggest the two cases are linked."

How do they already KNOW there is no evidence? They have already mapped out a dubious time line to show it is UNLIKELY she was responsible.
They are more interested in covering their backsides then finding the connection.

If they wanted to find something, Queensland Health would have said:
"We are currently actively looking into this to see if there is any connection."

**** UPDATE: A later release on the ABC from the QLD Health minister staes that they are now actively investigating the possibility of a link. His statement is much more proactive than was previously reported. That is indeed encouraging.

Mike @mikerezny , I am sure there is more to come on this issue and Qld Chief Medical Officer Young who is wielding all the power at the moment is NOT happy about what happened. Who drives 200kms each way to see a sunset, does not get out of car, go to the loo, or interact with anybody?? Lying b#&*@h. The local member has called for her to be fined and the CCC is investigating her story and believe she deliberately misled the Health people who were trying to trace where/who she met while "seeing the sunset!!!" The people of Blackwater may want to lynch her. Methinks it was some clandestine meeting with some guy probably married that she is covering up. Will see what comes out.