Quarantine Dreaming

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I was going to go fishing today, I checked the boat ramp and the car park was full and there were boat trailers for three blocks either way, our village only has 1,100 people so I gave it a miss it would be a pain truing to get the thing out at low tide with the masses especially on my own

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was going to go fishing today, I checked the boat ramp and the car park was full and there were boat trailers for three blocks either way, our village only has 1,100 people so I gave it a miss it would be a pain truing to get the thing out at low tide with the masses especially on my own

Like that here, with the 50km thing we should only have folk from Tin Can, Cooloola Rainbow but heaps from other places turn up, Anna would make a heap on tickets I reckon................ Fisheries seem to be always around up here.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I had a dream, yes a Dream so I walked into my shed this AM and looked at my Service Board, the dream was correct, everything up to date EXCEPT my analogue genny it was last run DEC2018, I remember it well, instead of my usual maintenance I decided to do what the experts advise for small engines for storage, ( I do stupid things at tiimes) it ran till it had no fuel, drained tank and put in away, something I haven't done since sometime in the 70's and this morning I was rewarded with fail to start so after cleaning out the fuel system, carbie jets etc it is happily running this time like my other small engines it will return to the rack with a tank of fuel, fuel tap off and gets run every 2 months or so, my Honda always has a full tank gets run every 2/3 months along with my chain saw, has worked for decades........... my saw even sat on the shelf for 12 months but started after sitting in the sun and a few pulls on the cord.
On the ships we had outboards for the tinnies and they were a pain then on one ship the Chief Tiffy had us just run them every 2 weeks leave fuel in them just shut down after flush and hang them in their rack, we never had any problems with them when we wanted to use them, fit them to boat,plug in fuel and start 3 rd pull.......... and our fuel would be the same unchanged for months..... hence why I still do mine that way.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I had a dream
I was disappointed it wasn't, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where all men are created equal and not be judged by the fact they drive a Jeep"

PS I was always told to never leave a carby without fuel, as it drys and buggers the in'ards

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good chance its the float valve sticking, the carbie dries out and just siezes up, I just pull the hole thing off dump it in a petrol bath then blow it clear with air, gentle air, remove float valve for a clean up and use my mig tip cleaners on some of the jets carefully............

#2 son drives a Jeep and loves it, wants to add another to his fleet................... and he don't give a stuff what people think about his Jeep or what their judgement is.....................makes one proud.

Reactions: DRW

rags

Good chance its the float valve sticking, the carbie dries out and just siezes up, I just pull the hole thing off dump it in a petrol bath then blow it clear with air, gentle air, remove float valve for a clean up and use my mig tip cleaners on some of the jets carefully............

with a bit of a squirt of aero start it starts but quickly stalls after that.
Might have to work out how all the plastic surrounds come apart to get into the carby by etc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
with a bit of a squirt of aero start it starts but quickly stalls after that.
Might have to work out how all the plastic surrounds come apart to get into the carby by etc
Have a look at the bottom of the carbie, should be a bowl shaped bit with a screw on the side of it, thats the drain screw just loosen it off and you should get a good fuel flow, if it justs has a quick flow then a dribble its more than likely the float valve sticking, of course a tray under to catch the fuel with taps on and fuel in tank helps................. I know that from experience.......
Have a tray to put the bits in and one with fuel to wash stuff and some clean rags handy.............

rags

Have a look at the bottom of the carbie, should be a bowl shaped bit with a screw on the side of it, thats the drain screw just loosen it off and you should get a good fuel flow, if it justs has a quick flow then a dribble its more than likely the float valve sticking, of course a tray under to catch the fuel with taps on and fuel in tank helps................. I know that from experience.......
Have a tray to put the bits in and one with fuel to wash stuff and some clean rags handy.............

yep no flow when I open the drain, so thinking carby stuck shut,

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
#2 son drives a Jeep and loves it, wants to add another to his fleet................... and he don't give a stuff what people think about his Jeep or what their judgement is
Oh well, chin up. One of mine is a disappointment to. How'd the other one turn out, better I hope. :bolt:

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh well, chin up. One of mine is a disappointment to. How'd the other one turn out, better I hope. :bolt:

So is there a bit of American Iron at your stable ?????????? ................... #1 son drives a rice burner thing while #3 just has his work Ute, left his old Ute with me to be maintained at least its a HiLux and tows my boat well while #1 daughter drives a NIssan Pathfinder, a rather thirsty vehicle it seems but goes like the clappers..................... might end up with another Jeep in Canberra as #1 Daughter in Law wants one as well.................

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I had a dream, yes a Dream so I walked into my shed this AM and looked at my Service Board, the dream was correct, everything up to date EXCEPT my analogue genny it was last run DEC2018, I remember it well, instead of my usual maintenance I decided to do what the experts advise for small engines for storage, ( I do stupid things at tiimes) it ran till it had no fuel, drained tank and put in away, something I haven't done since sometime in the 70's and this morning I was rewarded with fail to start so after cleaning out the fuel system, carbie jets etc it is happily running this time like my other small engines it will return to the rack with a tank of fuel, fuel tap off and gets run every 2 months or so, my Honda always has a full tank gets run every 2/3 months along with my chain saw, has worked for decades........... my saw even sat on the shelf for 12 months but started after sitting in the sun and a few pulls on the cord.
On the ships we had outboards for the tinnies and they were a pain then on one ship the Chief Tiffy had us just run them every 2 weeks leave fuel in them just shut down after flush and hang them in their rack, we never had any problems with them when we wanted to use them, fit them to boat,plug in fuel and start 3 rd pull.......... and our fuel would be the same unchanged for months..... hence why I still do mine that way.

Closer to the topic @Drover and @Crusty181 , when you have a read of this, it does tend to put things in prospective for our present situation.

It’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what is just simple panic and hysteria. For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

On your 14th birthday, World War I starts and ends on your 18th birthday. 22 million people perish in that war. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. 50 million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. And don’t try to catch your breath. On your 41st birthday, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war.

Smallpox was epidemic until you were in your 40’s, as it killed 300 million people during your lifetime.

At 50, the Korean War starts. 5 million perish. From your birth, until you are 55 you dealt with the fear of Polio epidemics each summer. You experience friends and family contracting polio and being paralyzed and/or die.

At 55 the Vietnam War begins and doesn’t end for 20 years. 4 million people perish in that conflict. During the Cold War, you lived each day with the fear of nuclear annihilation. On your 62nd birthday, you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, almost ended. When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.

Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How did they endure all of that? When you were a kid in 1985 and didn’t think your 85-year-old grandparent understood how hard school was. And how mean that kid in your class was. Yet they survived through everything listed above. Perspective is an amazing art. Refined and enlightening as time goes on. Let’s try and keep things in perspective.

Your parents and/or grandparents were called to endure all of the above – you are called to stay home and sit on your couch!!!

So hang in there and thank your lucky stars you are as young as you are!!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
t, imagine you were born in 1900.
Much easier for some of us than others I suspect.

A quick calculation on your figures, and the overwhelmingly significant percentage of suffering among that list paid the ultimate price fighting for the very thing the current local power hungry turd has effectively taken from us without a fight, without legislation, in the absence of parliamentary scrutiny, with no oversight, and at odds with 57% of state representation .... and without the tiniest bit of resistance by the sheeple, the same sheeple who all who recently celebrated those lives lost and the reasons behind that loss, while being dictated to by one of lifes significant under achievers.

Don't confuse mine and every individuals necessity to temporarily modify their behaviours, with my opposition to the local shenanigans and manner in which we are being treated down here ... they arent interchangeable.

Last edited:

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
At least 99% of the time we live in a democracy.People can still vote governments in/out.Still have their freedoms.what is happening at the moment is crap.However we vote governments in to make decisions how the country is run in good and bad times.There is no rule book for this pandemic.Thank the lucky stars we are not in boofheads America,and one of the nurses ,doctors etc treating the sick and dying 24/7.Imagine these guys walking out of hospital straight into protests stating the virus doesnt exist its a conspiracy ! When I see ultra right wing protesters in camaflage gear armed with assalt rifles walking up and down outside goverment institutions in America ,it should tell us all here in Australia things are still better than in most countries.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
At least 99% of the time we live in a democracy.People can still vote governments in/out.Still have their freedoms.what is happening at the moment is crap.However we vote governments in to make decisions how the country is run in good and bad times.There is no rule book for this pandemic.Thank the lucky stars we are not in boofheads America,and one of the nurses ,doctors etc treating the sick and dying 24/7.Imagine these guys walking out of hospital straight into protests stating the virus doesnt exist its a conspiracy ! When I see ultra right wing protesters in camaflage gear armed with assalt rifles walking up and down outside goverment institutions in America ,it should tell us all here in Australia things are still better than in most countries.
I beg to have a vastly different opinion. I love a debate

We vote a local member into office and that member sometimes represents his own ambitions, sometimes just himself, always the political machine he serves, and rarely you or I unless of course we like what he likes, which is what his masters instructed him to like, and in that case it can sometimes in the smoke and mirrors of bull$hit appear like he's serving us. We all watched in equally uncomfortable horror at the cringeworthy and creepy "conscience vote" on same sex marriage. It was all thumbs and fumbles much like my first sexual encounter. Everyone lubbering about aimlessly, not really looking at the 'prize', no-one knowing what is really meant to happen or what the hell to do with this new apparently non scripted activity.

You or I cannot be preselected by any major party without a clear undertaking and generally a proven track record of servitude to your masters agenda, in fact the Labour party has documented rules that are very very clear about that .... walk across the floor, and walk out door. If your unlucky enough to have a member from outside the 2 political powerhouses you generally have even less representation than zero (that is very possible believe it or not. Whilst they'll generally ignore nobodys they can also come after you. Ask Pauline Hanson, and its not the point if you like her or not). Check the score boards of local members who have crossed the floor, and actively defied their masters and rolled with what their own electorate wanted which was against their own parties agenda; there'll be enough room on half a postage stamp for that. Democracy in a chapter in a book, is a far cry from the version of Democracy playing out in the real world. Why do real corruption offenders go to jail, and the political varieties just to the back bench.

Pandemics similar to this have almost continuously in one form or another affected various parts the world for 100s of years. In more recent times and experience, modern science has guaranteed more widely spread Pandemics, and they have arrived on schedule just as predicted. Wide spread and cross continent Pandemics almost identical to Convid 19 have existed for over 20 years, and the first global Pandemics was predicted many many years ago to engulf the entire world. A world wide Pandemic is certainly no surprise to anyone who knows, its just politicians it appears didn't get the memo. There has been years and years of more than ample warnings, more than ample examples, and more than credible predictions that a Convid 19 type Pandemic was coming to a theatre near you. We have had many many years to develop a disaster action plan, and have it set in stone. The failure of any country and its leadership to be caught with its pants down and completely ill-prepared is abhorrent and completely unacceptable. This kind of foresight and preparation is precisely what governments should be doing. This country is full of morons and any idiot including me can get it very wrong, we are over supplied with that. Leadership roles aren't an 'on the job training' facility because guess what happens .... exactly what happened. Anyone remember where the Rev ScoMo was during the bushfires .... clueless clown.

We're too busy with the revolving door at Kirrilbilly House, and theyre to busy stopping from being the next ex-Prime Minister. This is certainly what you get when leaders are blindly selected in a popularity contest like Miss World ... at least Miss World wants world peace

There is most certainly a rule book, in fact their are a great many rule books. Every single thing we do in both live and in death is in one of those many rule books. The challenge would be to find something thats not in a rule book, good luck with that. Although it will never happen, if hypothetically somethings not in rule book and you do it, whatever it is that you do will very quickly will be put in a rule book. We are all bound by those rules in the big books there no freestyling allowed and there is absolutely zero circumstance where anyone can just start throwing around a few thought bubbles when it suits them. If it ain't in the rule book, then it just cant happen .... oddly unless we are so damn pathetically passive, like the in case of Victorians for example, we just roll around on the rug like fat labradors getting kicked in the head and allow it all to happen.

Im not inventing any of this stuff, its all there for the reading in the fact'us'sphere .... and of course mostly in the big books of rules ;).

Reactions: mikerezny

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
**** HOT OFF THE LATEST CONFUSING PRESS RELEASE ****

The state premier mentioned just once, the word "FISHING" during a looooong press conference not exactly sure of the context but im interpreting that as of midnight tomorrow we're good to go.

Brace yourselves you piscatorial buggers ... im coming for you on Wed

Reactions: mfexpanda

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
**** HOT OFF THE LATEST CONFUSING PRESS RELEASE ****

The state premier mentioned just once, the word "FISHING" during a looooong press conference not exactly sure of the context but im interpreting that as of midnight tomorrow we're good to go.

Brace yourselves you piscatorial buggers ... im coming for you on Wed
Hi,
and for those who actually care, GOLF is also allowed.

take care
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover