Quarantine Dreaming

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
One border down, only one to go. Im coming nth

View attachment 65205

Safe travel through the covid-19 DMZ zone of NSW @Crusty181. Don't trust any of those NSW travellers. Hope you do not have to hang around too long at the NSW border waiting to enter into the free zone of Queensland and spend your money. Fine and sunny here at the moment, but a cold chilly wind from the south and south west - Mexican country!!!. Going away camping myself on 14th - the first day available to camp in state forest park. Drive carefully and stay safe.

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I reckon The Queen of QLD won't lower the bridge until July 1 at least.............

I've got mine......:p:p:p:p

banner-jpg.65200

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ...
20200601_143749.jpg

Rained continously till around 8.30pm. I had to make dinner in an after hours closed BP service station
20200601_191657.jpg

The track into my destination camp was very slimey right from the outset, slid left up the flood enbankment, flipped across to the right and slid down the other side. Being dark, decided to head toward Tocumwal, camp there and head back in the morning.

Very VERY cold night out of Tocumwal on the Murray
20200601_210059.jpg

Navigated blindly thru the scrub, and woke up to this in the morning. Was almost expecting to wake up parked in someones front yard.
20200602_085512.jpg

Back to camp one. The track muddy and slippery but wasnt so bad.
20200602_121513.jpg

Oh look. Im pointing to a Gilded Northern Golden Warbler just out of camera shot ... up and to the right, obviously.
20200602_120802.jpg

Camping shouldnt mean missing out on good coffee.
20200602_091124.jpg

Never cooked a frozen Mrs Macs pie in the camp oven before, and from the results i can say it wont be the last time either, it was spectacular. Its a bit like freshly baked bread camping, always seems better than at home.
20200602_161535.jpg

Home for a couple of nights, before moving onto another "locals only" secret spot
20200602_143758.jpg

Lot more people camping about than i expected to see, i suspect many likely caught out, and waiting out the lurgy. Camps way too spread out and dug in to have been recent arrivals.

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Safe travel through the covid-19 DMZ zone of NSW @Crusty181. Don't trust any of those NSW travellers. Hope you do not have to hang around too long at the NSW border waiting to enter into the free zone of Queensland and spend your money. Fine and sunny here at the moment, but a cold chilly wind from the south and south west - Mexican country!!!. Going away camping myself on 14th - the first day available to camp in state forest park. Drive carefully and stay safe.
Only as far as the Murray for me this time Boots. If QLD opens before the end of June, we'll head up otherwise Sept for us. Where are you off to

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Victorians are coming to invade Queensland.

Just like Cane Toads we can't keep them out...................... if your going to protest your also welcome......

Just because I was there .... and you cant see cold (you sooks)

Looks like youv'e been boiling the billy to heat the bath....................... RTT ( Rougharse Toyota Truck)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just like Cane Toads we can't keep them out...................... if your going to protest your also welcome......
Hang on, don't be drawing too much focus onto that. Only a Queenslander would introduce a species without asking the one simple (but apparently very important) question .... "can it climb??", to which the answer would have been "nope". Arghh bugger it, lets just unleashed this noxious murderous pest and let it spread unchecked across half the country.

Looks like youv'e been boiling the billy to heat the bath....................... RTT ( Rougharse Toyota Truck)
That's hurtful

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That's hurtful

I've been trying to work something good out for days :) ..... first one gave me the horrors "Ruff Tuff Toyota" , people would be spewing their coffee for sure, then I thought "Ruffarse Toyota Tough" but still got the gags, :bi_polo: ......... so the hands all went up for " Ruffarse Toyota Truck" with "Ruffarse Toy Truck" a close second...but then again...........:chuncky::chuncky::chuncky:.......... Do they still have the infamous Toyota Furnace fitted ?????? best damn vehicle heater ever....

Reactions: Crusty181

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Only as far as the Murray for me this time Boots. If QLD opens before the end of June, we'll head up otherwise Sept for us. Where are you off to

Well @Crusty181 , do not laugh. I am going up to the "high country" (Qld type) - a place called Jimna north of Kilcoy, about 150kms from home .It is called Peach Trees and is a State Forest Park with space for 350 in normal times. Currently restricted to only 40 persons in a grassed and treed area about 400 metres long and 100 metres wide along side Yabba Creek. It is 600 metres above sea level and known to be cold in winter - but sunny. Cold as in minus 2C or less and frosty until sun comes up. Your chance to question MY sanity about cold!! Good thing is that only proper campers go there in the winter - no "tenderfoot campers can survive!!

Reactions: mikerezny